What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
If anyone's looking to face a great Necalli, try having a few sets against @THTB. I got bodied for the most part, but I think I learned a good amount about the matchup, and that's what truly matters to me.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Urien's V-trigger or CA will most likely be his mirror thing.
I'm on the fence about this. On one hand if Aegis was his Trigger, you could have the potential for some great damage getting an Aegis into a super. I would also like him to have 2 bars and a V Skill that he can use easily. On the other hand, I feel like most characters in this game can build super a lot quicker than Trigger so you can potentially use it quicker. Also if he has similar combos to 3S, he can probably build meter very easily.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'm on the fence about this. On one hand if Aegis was his Trigger, you could have the potential for some great damage getting an Aegis into a super. I would also like him to have 2 bars and a V Skill that he can use easily. On the other hand, I feel like most characters in this game can build super a lot quicker than Trigger so you can potentially use it quicker. Also if he has similar combos to 3S, he can probably build meter very easily.
I don't see him having 3S combos. The closest I see to that juggle potential is Karin and she has to spend bar to keep combos going. I think his V-trigger would be Aegis but like someone said earlier, you have to build the full bar then spend half of it to set out on aegis. His super is probably going to be animation.

Do you know what his taunt did in 3S? Maybe they give him something similar to alex for a V-skill. I could see his V-trigger being a mode change sort of like necalli and the fact he and Gill both transform. Then make him have an aegis and ultra aegis super. Couple possibilities with this character.

I think Juri and Ibuki are the other two that have potential for drastic/interesting changes.

I wonder what they'll do with Guile's glasses.

I don't care for balrog(boxer) one bit.

played vs 30+ platinum players since the release of SFV in either a FT5 or FT10 ( not counting the ones who joined my lobby got beaten in the first match and left rigt away )
these are the 3 platinum players who have beaten me in a set in SFV so far
- prodigal_Son, Spizder, Phenom
GGs to them

Im not saying all the other platinum players Ive played are frauds although they were using their main...

but capcom fix this RQ issue already ffs -.-
currently there are more legit players in the normal gold / silver ranks than platinum ranks
Capcom will see this.

They're totally different in my opinion. Playing SF and really just working on my fundamentals drastically improved my MK game. I learned to play the player, rather than the character. It'll be frustrating learning SF, but don't give up - I promise you it will have great benefits :)

If you ever want to play some games on SF hmu. We'll play Ryu only, 1 jump per match, no dashing lol :p
Playing like this actually helps ALOT!

The tendencies from MKX to SFV usually don't translate well. In MK jump ins are really strong. So in most situations I found myself playing neutral from jump in range in SFV. a jump in can get you anti aired in 3 frames in this game, so playing neutral like that doesn't work. playing without jumping will drastically improve your fundamentals and help you realize which characters should try to position themselves where.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Do you know what his taunt did in 3S? Maybe they give him something similar to alex for a V-skill. I could see his V-trigger being a mode change sort of like necalli and the fact he and Gill both transform. Then make him have an aegis and ultra aegis super. Couple possibilities with this character.
His taunt increases Urien's attack power for all moves, excluding throws. The taunt can hit the opponent, though it will not give the attack power bonus if it does.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Ewww I hate Mika but then again, I do need the practice.
Or you could lose to my Ken, or my F.A.N.G or my New necalli. Take your pick

His taunt increases Urien's attack power for all moves, excluding throws. The taunt can hit the opponent, though it will not give the attack power bonus if it does.
Oh man if they made him able to gradually get stronger then capitalize with a dirty aegis combo.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I don't see him having 3S combos. The closest I see to that juggle potential is Karin and she has to spend bar to keep combos going. I think his V-trigger would be Aegis but like someone said earlier, you have to build the full bar then spend half of it to set out on aegis. His super is probably going to be animation.

I think Juri and Ibuki are the other two that have potential for drastic/interesting changes.

I wonder what they'll do with Guile's glasses.

I don't care for balrog(boxer) one bit.
He did a ground pound that had a hitbox on it. I don't remember if he had increased damage from it though.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Infiltration vids are now available at Excellentadventures.tv. Just so happens he is the best player and maybe the funniest in the whole fgc. Probably the only one I will buy.

Last edited:
Can Ryu combo from a LK hurricane kick into a DP? I mean I know he can do a LK hurricane into super but I was wondering what else can LK Hk combo into.

8f startup. -2 on block, +2 on hit. I think the distance might matter. Possibly as much as +1 on block from max distance.
8f startup means that if the opponent attacks with a hit faster than 8 frames the opponent will win correct? Also -2 on block means that it's safe since the fastest moves/hits are 3 frames?

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
8f startup. -2 on block, +2 on hit. I think the distance might matter. Possibly as much as +1 on block from max distance.
Thanks bro I was going to say I think it is really distance dependant on block sometimes I can catch ppl with ex mixer sometimes I cant

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
8f startup means that if the opponent attacks with a hit faster than 8 frames the opponent will win correct? Also -2 on block means that it's safe since the fastest moves/hits are 3 frames?
Yeah, all that's true. Keep in mind that Rashid's st. MP is +3 on block, so you need a 5 frame move just to trade with him in that situation.

Thanks bro I was going to say I think it is really distance dependant on block sometimes I can catch ppl with ex mixer sometimes I cant
hmm, but you should always be able to hit them with ex mixer since it's invincible. Unless you mean the move can be -3?