What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I've always thought Nash was top tier. But there were plenty of people playing Nash it's Infiltration who's dominating because he just that good. NCR2016 was the best SFV tournament so far.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I don't know why. It was super apparent before release how good he was, and he was getting buffed on top of it.
Probably because he lacks a reversal and a 3f jab but his up-close, mid-range and fullscreen game are all strong so I guess it makes up for it.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I don't see how F.A.N.G doesn't beat laura and mike in neutral. See no reason for you to not be playing a distance game against either one. You bait it cause they're trying to react to you do something. If you're not in their face you can get away with whiffing buttons, jumps, specials yada yada. Get predictable and then switch up. No way people are reactiong to 4-12f startup. Heck I don't see why you can't have a life lead such that getting hit with 2 ex shoulders doesn't leave you in the lead.
They don't react to the start-up they punish the insane recovery it all has. He has 30f of recovery on the traps and almost 50 on the projectiles. It is buttons vs damage/vortex and buttons loses with F.A.N.G, you can't even smuther them because they have a 3f normal and someone thought it was clever to give him +1s

Unless it's ex I don't think the traps means anything. Let's say your mixing up your MK and HK traps because the recovery is different and they respect it because they don't want to risk getting punished. Having a trap up doesn't matter anywhere but in the corner because you can be outside the range of F.A.N.Gs normals and still be in range to armor through anything he tries to do behind the trap especially the delicious 48f of recovery on the projectiles

Fine...

More excuses and complaining.
I'm sorry we can't all be pros and get Gold rank in 1 day

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
They don't react to the start-up they punish the insane recovery it all has. He has 30f of recovery on the traps and almost 50 on the projectiles. It is buttons vs damage/vortex and buttons loses with F.A.N.G, you can't even smuther them because they have a 3f normal and someone thought it was clever to give him +1s

Unless it's ex I don't think the traps means anything. Let's say your mixing up your MK and HK traps because the recovery is different and they respect it because they don't want to risk getting punished. Having a trap up doesn't matter anywhere but in the corner because you can be outside the range of F.A.N.Gs normals and still be in range to armor through anything he tries to do behind the trap especially the delicious 48f of recovery on the projectiles

I'm sorry we can't all be pros and get Gold rank in 1 day
No one's forcing you to pick FANG. Find a way to win or embrace the scrubbiness that you are until you can.

Whether its with FANG or another character is irrelevant to everyone except you.

Not sure if "Oh look, Nash won again" or "Oh look, Infiltration won again."

too early to say which one is really happening, but when LI Joe won, it was also Nash.

kinda hard to say it's just infiltration that's winning and not the character when the major that infiltration wasn't in (that was also stacked) was won by Nash anyway. Infiltration is super good. obviously. But Nash is also top tier. equally obviously.

That said this game has tons of parity. I don't think there are any characters that aren't viable choices.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Yikes, normally figuring out a matchup and getting that "a-ha!" moment is what I love but I can't figure out the Birdie matchup as Cammy. I think she might lose it pretty bad. I don't mean a scrubby Birdie, I mean like a Birdie that knows how to do funamental things like tech throws, be patient, anti-air and what not.

Birdies damage output + health doesn't mix with Cammys lower health (and respectively damage output, in comparison). Birdie can contest her main strength which is her amazing neutral game.

A redeeming factor is that Cammy's pressure is most likely a mild discomfort for him if she gets it started. I'm not sure how to approach this MU. Anybody got tips? At the moment my entire game plan is just whiff punish normals with fierce~arrow and it's so much more riskier for me to play that game with Birdie. If he hits me it's like I'm going forward one step and going back two lol.

I won't throw out MU numbers because I don't consider myself high level just yet but holy mother of god this doesn't seem like it's going to be good for Cammy :S

Any advice?
Im a little late to this but Ill run this match up with you if you want

GAV

Im a little late to this but Ill run this match up with you if you want
Cammy wins this matchup because she can set the pace. Her standing MK poke is better than all of Birdie's pokes and her speed allows her to set the spacing - which is get to her standing MK, but be ready to react to Birdie's attacks that out-prioritize it and don't walk into his standing MK or crouching MP (which outrange it by a half-step). Once you get to MK range, there is nothing Birdie can do to safely get around it. It beats everything to the punch, is safe, and is only beaten by unsafe stuff. In addition, her V-Skill and Hooligan Roll are both get out of jail free cards whenever you see Birdie's jump-in Chain Throw animation start up - and both lead to full combos.

Approach the matchup this way and watch the Birdies melt.

JDM

Noob
Nash is fair honestly. Top tier obviously but it's not like he has no losing matchups or doesn't struggle in any as well. He's a great character, not even the best.

Infiltration would likely be wrecking with whatever character he picked regardless.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Cammy wins this matchup because she can set the pace. Her standing MK poke is better than all of Birdie's pokes and her speed allows her to set the spacing - which is get to her standing MK, but be ready to react to Birdie's attacks that out-prioritize it and don't walk into his standing MK or crouching MP (which outrange it by a half-step). Once you get to MK range, there is nothing Birdie can do to safely get around it. It beats everything to the punch, is safe, and is only beaten by unsafe stuff. In addition, her V-Skill and Hooligan Roll are both get out of jail free cards whenever you see Birdie's jump-in Chain Throw animation start up - and both lead to full combos.

Approach the matchup this way and watch the Birdies melt.
I dunno Ican see the damage factor being big in this, plus cammy doesnt have projectiles so she is forced to come to me so I can play my banana boyz game and force her to slow down, but I havent played the mu extensively yet. Also most Birdies rely on the dolphin dive way to much I dont like to open my self up for free with some gimmick that will start getting blown up consistantly once people get used to it. Also Birdie cr.mp is his anti air do you mean cr.lp?

Reactions: GAV

GAV

If you wanna go at this game buddy we can go. My psn isn't hidden
I'll be on in the next couple of days. Hopefully, you can stop with the pity-party long enough to amp up so we can get down.

I imagine it will be very romantic...

Last edited:

GAV

I dunno Ican see the damage factor being big in this, plus cammy doesnt have projectiles so she is forced to come to me so I can play my banana boyz game and force her to slow down, but I havent played the mu extensively yet. Also most Birdies rely on the dolphin dive way to much I dont like to open my self up for free with some gimmick that will start getting blown up consistantly once people get used to it. Also Birdie cr.mp is his anti air do you mean cr.lp?
I meant them both as his pokes. Birdie has no anti-air Cammy's Hooligan Roll doesn't beat. It comes down to the fact that she can beat him to the punch no matter what he does once she gets to her standing MK range and she's way faster than him, so there's no way for him to keep her out of it.

I don't know man, I said it days ago that Nash had to be top tier big time. Whenever you can throw a sonic boom and follow it without any recovery time and ALSO have a flash kick that doesn't require charging then that's pretty OP to me.