What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Im wondering i dont always have to chance to game online alot of times i must play single player my question is will we ever get a VS CPU mode? I know we got survival but thats not the same as three round matches against CPU i also know we are getting Boss fights in march but still thats not VS CPU its a staple in fighting games i cant believe they left it out i feel like i wasted my money will we ever get VS cpu?
Right now, the AI is trash. Break out of your comfort zone and go online. You will learn nothing against the cpu.

The thing i cant always play online because the internet where i live is shared within the whole house so unless some one sleeps or is gone then i can play but during the day i cant cause theres multiple people on the connection And the gameplay would lag like hell.ive
tried it so i dont have the chance to play online whenever i want so i must have a CPU mode

I bought it i feel kinda ripped unless theyre coming out with more single player VS CPU content , are we getting some sort of VS CPU in the future?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I bought it i feel kinda ripped unless theyre coming out with more single player VS CPU content , are we getting some sort of VS CPU in the future?
They are planning on releasing a larger sorry mode when the first DLC drops in March.

I'm new to street fighter after playing tons of Mortal Kombat. Finding it hard to adapt, intentionally learning Ryu as I have heard he is good for new comers. Anyone want to train with me, help me as well? Currently working on combos, special move consistency and playing the CPU to learn to footsie and the flow of the match.

Played 5 matches online and lost them all HAHA

CAM THE SAGE

THERE IS FEAR IN YOUR HEART
The thing i cant always play online because the internet where i live is shared within the whole house so unless some one sleeps or is gone then i can play but during the day i cant cause theres multiple people on the connection And the gameplay would lag like hell.ive
tried it so i dont have the chance to play online whenever i want so i must have a CPU mode
Go wired

Reactions: GAV

CAM THE SAGE

THERE IS FEAR IN YOUR HEART
I'm new to street fighter after playing tons of Mortal Kombat. Finding it hard to adapt, intentionally learning Ryu as I have heard he is good for new comers. Anyone want to train with me, help me as well? Currently working on combos, special move consistency and playing the CPU to learn to footsie and the flow of the match.
I can in the evenings
Played 5 matches online and lost them all HAHA

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I grabbed this over rebuying MKX when the new edition comes out. I play Cammy and might pick up Laura, PSN dantedeschain13 for anyone who wants to play

shoutouts to ryu's axe kick as an antiair

i dont know about when you log off but as far as practice> matchmaking> back to practice goes all my settings stay the same.
haha I've been screaming this since beta. Axe kick is SO good. It's hilarious watching it hit Vega out of the air regardless of what side of you he's on.

Regarding a rematch option, no such thing exists. Even in battle lounge there is no rematch option.

PSN ID: Sultani19

Noob
Damn, really loving Cammybae so far. Vega is a monster too. Glad I picked this game up for sure.
Vega is very good yes, but im fairly sure he will go down in the tier list as the game evolves unfortunally.. But he is just so much fun to play that i dont even care

I main ryu and chun li and of course love playing them

But I really enjoy playing Rashid and Laura. . Really fun characters

Laura such distracting character lol

GAV

Run a wire and plug into one of the slots on your router. Your speed will nearly double. It will make everyone else in your house slower, but your speed will be up to specs.

GAV

Im using Zangief, Im getting there slowly. I just have to remember to use the meter instead of hording it like gold lol.
He has tools to deal with zoners. Once you get in, poke the crap out of them with your weak attacks. Either of them can be combo'ed into his Suplex or Piledriver.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Vega is very good yes, but im fairly sure he will go down in the tier list as the game evolves unfortunally.. But he is just so much fun to play that i dont even care
Yeah he is really fun to play so far. Why do you think he will drop? No invincible moves?

Yeah he is really fun to play so far. Why do you think he will drop? No invincible moves?
imo even if he doesn't drop he won't be top tier because he's already not.

Nash and Chun are. Vega's damn good though. Anyone with good range on normals is good in this game.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
I thought I wouldn't like her but after practicing with R.Mika, I'm leaning towards putting time on her.
It might be cause she is very simple to use. any thoughts?
my concern is how she matches against keep away characters. F strong punch > F strong punch > corner then either KD or CMD grb shenanigans looks fun. nothing like necalli's of course.

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
Im tryna learn this game.. Ive been playing since release but I cant seem to get a hang of the controls combo inputs..Im sooo use to MKX style that this adjustment is taking me a while.. I use Chun-Li and Ken.. I really want some to help me with this game.Thanks.. PSN: JaiysonX

Noob
He just lacks some tools that other top tiers have... In a bit more detail i can tell you this much, His normals have shorter range than pass iterations which in itself is already a bit sad, but when you compare his normals to other characters the "range King" is not that great of a king to speak of.. just out of the top of my head here are 5 characters that have better pokes/range than he does - Nash, Chun, Ryu/Ken and Bison. After that he lacks an universal anti air... his current anti air tools range from his Cr. HP which is not universal, some characters can jump at a perfect spot where his anti air will completely wiff while characters like Nash, Birdie, FANG have universal anti airs that can catch any character at any distance at pretty much any point in the jump arc while Vegas 90% of the time will trade (mind you not in your favor)... His V trigger which again has a lot of dead angles that ppl can just go over the rose and punish you and lastly what i think is his best anti air, his jumping grab (ironic)...

After that his next weakness is that since he doesnt have his extreme range from SFIV he now has problems dealing with characters with slow fireballs and fast recoveries like Nash and FANG, which im pretty sure are 2 of his worse matchups... im almost certain they will end up being his 7-3s not in his favor...

The remainign weaknesses are that he lacks a DP so he is completely free on wakeup and against solid pressure his Back flip which takes V-Bar now only cancels block frames is not a get off me tool like say R-Mikas etc... its very situational and takes 1 of 2 bars from your V Trigger which honestly is still in my opinion a better tool...

My last point here is that his jump arc got changed in Beta 2, he used to jump further, meaning you could punish fireball abusers a lot better, now the jump arc is shorter meaning you have to be closer to your opponent to make him scared of tossing a fireball which in hand means that when you get close enouth to jump its in a range that they have no interest in tossing a fireball unless its to end a string, so they will be ready for your jump in and will DP it or anti air it which 90% of the cast can do...

Now i know this sounds like a rant and that i think he is a super week character and low tier... Not the case, i think Vega is very good and has some very impressive offensive tools... But when ppl tell me he is on the top 3 or top 5 i cant but frown and disagree because of the points i mention above... Still amazingly fun character and i have no reason to switch from him...

Reactions: GAV