What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

d3v

SRK
safety, plus frames, and mobility as well. I suppose mobility could be lumped into "good neutral" though. Nash is super good because his dash is insane and six of his normals are plus... not to mention moonsault and ex sonic boom are also plus.
Nash is probably going down to upper mid at best once the meta develops.

The thing that makes him feel good is that he's super easy to do well with. He doesn't really play footsies in the traditional sense so there's a ton of stuff that Nash players don't have to worry about.

For example, Nash doesn't have to worry about the ranges of normals mid-combo. Other characters have to worry about this and adjust their combo depending on the range, while all Nash has to worry about is whether or not he should use st.MP over b.MK in his bnbs to force stand or keep the string tight. He has to worry less about microspacing compared to other characters especially since he doesn't really convert of mid-range pokes outside of using V-trigger.

What's gonna do him in is the lack of a good cancelable normal (especially low confirms), slow walk speed, bad conversions of mid-range, lack of any true strings with more than 2 hits (aside from st.LK cr.MP st.MP which isn't universal), bad reversal options, etc.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Damn this character is going to compliment Birdie so well for me. Ive been looking for a grappler between Mika and Gief size with a few extra options. Bonus points in the super leaving them face down ass up in the ground pencil style. So perfect

Gis vskill is the shoulder roll that boosts his next special or something? Whats his vtrigger do though?

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Have you tried rushing people down with FANG dude? Only like 4 or 5 characters have invincible reversals, make them feel your pain!
Yes. The only instance when F.A.N.G can actually play this game is when he has you in the corner and it isn't even flowchart... He has one job

It looks pretty much the same as 3S to me. What really bothers me are his skin-tight pants and red suspenders. Even his boots are skin-tight apparently and don't protrude from his body at all. Even this fake fan-made version looks much better:
In the image I saw his knees were turned out and his upper body was the other way, I don't know it just looked odd. Look at the pic you posted and one of the other Alex pic and maybe you will see what I mean.

Is there something wrong with the damage counter, or does sfv just have some kind of variable damage system?

I'm doing one of Karin's combos into super and the damage meter is jumping all over the place from as low as 399 to as high as 488 when the combos are landing the exact same way other than occasionally not getting the just frame tenko but I've seen that only be a 10 damage difference pretty regularly. The other 80 damage is just randomly going up down. I know it's not a ton but it seems weird.

Is there something wrong with the damage counter, or does sfv just have some kind of variable damage system?

I'm doing one of Karin's combos into super and the damage meter is jumping all over the place from as low as 399 to as high as 488 when the combos are landing the exact same way other than occasionally not getting the just frame tenko but I've seen that only be a 10 damage difference pretty regularly. The other 80 damage is just randomly going up down. I know it's not a ton but it seems weird.
Damage scaling goes up as life goes down, not sure how much it is though.

Can someone explain how the damage numbers work? I don't get how something does like 320,499,etc. damage? "The numbers guys, what do they mean?" (=

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Can someone explain how the damage numbers work? I don't get how something does like 320,499,etc. damage? "The numbers guys, what do they mean?" (=
Well from what i gather say your character has 1000 life points. So your combo (at max health) will do that many points. So you do a 500 point combo you did about half life. Hopefully im close lol

I'm talking about how I always hear people say that a certain move but especially a certain combo does like 488,320,etc. damage as opposed to saying it in percentages, like this combo does 40% damage etc.
That's cause not everyone has equal life in street fighter. Karin for example has 900 life while Zangief has 1050. So you can't really do damage in percentages cause it's going to vary by chracter.

JJvercetti beat me to it, took me too long to find Gief health lol