What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Actually, premium costumes won't be available yet because you have to buy them with Zenny money and it won't be a thing until the next patch most likely. R.I.P. the premium Alex dream.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Wow, Alex looks pretty good. His st. Mk(?) looks very good, kinda looks like Cammy's but it seems a little bit slower. His shoulder looks like a great AA and his command grabs seem to have good range, obviously he seems kinda slow but his range is good and he does good damage. Also it seems like he has an overhead.

d3v

SRK
Current thinking is that there are three important factors that help decide how strong a character is in the game 1) good neutral, 2) 3 frame normal 3) invincible reversal. Having 2 or more of these could indicate that a character is top tier (at least, before we come up with a proper match up chart).

If you take a closer look at the characters that have these, then you realize that it does support what many Japanese players are saying about the game's tiers - characters like Ryu and Cammy who have all 3 are top, followed by characters like Chun Li who have have 2 at the very least, but gain 3 when they have meter. Then it moves down to characters who have 2 at best, then 1, and then the unlucky ones who have 0.

Shoryuken posters have been pointing out for awhile Bison's weaknesses in matchup discussion threads
and in the Bison forums. General consensus is that hes mid-to-low tier.
Even commentators during the Capcom Pro tour have commented
on the lack of Bison.

Sim doesn't have a history of placing badly at majors like Bison does.
Currently, no character has a track record as bad as Bison's at majors
and the Bison community is in the lab here trying to resuscitate their maligned, emaciated leader.
ah. well, I did only read one thread I suppose.

Maybe it's one of those things where he was placed super high before people learned what to do. Then people learned what to do really fast.

Current thinking is that there are three important factors that help decide how strong a character is in the game 1) good neutral, 2) 3 frame normal 3) invincible reversal. Having 2 or more of these could indicate that a character is top tier (at least, before we come up with a proper match up chart).

If you take a closer look at the characters that have these, then you realize that it does support what many Japanese players are saying about the game's tiers - characters like Ryu and Cammy who have all 3 are top, followed by characters like Chun Li who have have 2 at the very least, but gain 3 when they have meter. Then it moves down to characters who have 2 at best, then 1, and then the unlucky ones who have 0.
safety, plus frames, and mobility as well. I suppose mobility could be lumped into "good neutral" though. Nash is super good because his dash is insane and six of his normals are plus... not to mention moonsault and ex sonic boom are also plus.