Street Fighter V General Discussion

Discussion in 'Street Fighter' started by Rickyraws, Feb 16, 2016.

1. EntropicByDesign

EntropicByDesign Confused and afraid.

I feel like Cody's vt2 is way better in a vacuum than 1, but 1 is way more practical. Vt2 is a beast when things work out, but they don't always work out and getting value out of it in some MUs is hard.. where-as vt1 is less flashy and shenanigan-y, its more consistent in value returned..

But Rushdown talking about methods to reflect and get in vs Guile makes wonder if over time, Cody players far better than myself will find ways to maximize it's potential. I'll almost always use it regardless just because it's more interesting/fun to me.

I really feel like, after more time with Cody that he's quite good but without slightly better all around walk speed and possibly some projectile armor/immunity/something built in to ex zonk, he's going to fall short of being great. That said, I'm not going to pretend I can predict the over-all balance effect vs some characters if ex.Zonk did have projectile immunity.. but it all depends on when the invuln activates, f1 or later, etc.

Oh and also, fuck ex.zonk losing to literally anything it encounters. Having to sacrifice two punch buttons for a handful of frames, and a bar, should at least buy me priority over Ls and Ms..Jeebus.

2. New York Pizza

New York Pizza Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

Ggs happy to be the test dummy in exchange for any competent play I can get.

That one low forward into ressenha was a mistake btw lol.

3. Any videos if you guys playing?

4. Johnny Based Cage

Johnny Based Cage Day -10,000 Phenomenal Cody Masher
    Premium Supporter

I appreciate the effort but I don’t get how that “typical Guile game plan with any character” translates to Cody with his one bad CC button that gets beat from that range by just about anything Guile does. It’s not like he really has to guess between dash or jump either; he can generally go about his business and anti-air/avoid jumps on hella late reaction with about eight different options.

I feel like you’re up-playing the rock counter-zoning too. V1 Guile doesn’t give a fuck if you reflect a boom and only has to worry about just frame rocks. Even without it though he has enough time to just sit and wait after a reflect to see what you do and react accordingly with most boom speeds. The idea that you can “get close” behind a fake toss seems like a major stretch to me.

Idk maybe I’m missing something (everything) but I’ll take your word for it since you’re the better player and just keep grinding it out. Thanks again for trying, dude.

5. B. Shazzy

B. Shazzy Retired Best Batman
    Premium Supporter

you fown to play a set in a bit?

6. B. Shazzy

Premium Supporter

just give cody walkspeed in the next stealth patch and decent jump ins then i could make this work.

he’s just handicappped for no reason outside of his kit. im playing with 1000 pound weights on over here. unles he jumps then an invisible parachute deploys. every other character essentially has akuma walkspeed vs him and guile tier antiairs abilities lul its dumb

id understand if he had gdlk tools of literally any kind or something but he doesnt really excel at anything cody specifc looking at his kit. at least Blanka and Sakura excel in their playstyles. falke doesnt which is why shes garbo imo

ILuvFightGames likes this.
  7. B. Shazzy

Premium Supporter

@New York Pizza ggs, that was a lot of games. thanks for the practice. connection was a bit rollbackier this time or maybe its just me but lets play again soon

8. New York Pizza

Premium Supporter

Yeah, again np I'm definitely seeing where I'm lacking and it's helping me a lot. I thought our connection was slightly better this time around but I still dropped confirms for days lol. Yeah definitley I'm on pretty much every night practicing.

9. Johnny Based Cage

Premium Supporter

I feel like Cody’s throw game is terrible bc of his trash-tier walk speed, and that’s especially a problem when one of his trigs relies on a command grab lol.

10. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

So whats is the overall consensus of Cody? Is he tournament viable or naw ?Question mark?

11. LiangHuBBB

LiangHuBBB Noob

12. Johnny Based Cage

Premium Supporter

I’d bet anyone good money we don’t see a single one leave pools at Evo.

13. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

In SFV, thats all that matter....if the character is good in tournament. If not, its not worth investing time in. Damn. Welp....G is next i guess lol

14. Johnny Based Cage

Premium Supporter

All that matters to me is I grew up playing Cody in Final Fight and he’s as fun as ever now, so I’m sticking with him no matter what.

Plus it wouldn’t take much to get him where he needs to be; Shazzy pretty much summed it up above. I’m going to put my time in now and hope it pays off with the next patch, and if it doesn’t, well I’m used to that lol.

15. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

U going to EVO?

16. B. Shazzy

Premium Supporter

ya man only in sfv, thats all that matters lul

cody is definitely worth investing time into. every dlc character been weak at release, with maybe a handful not being toptier at some point.

so really, in sfv, since it doesnt have he expiration date of an nrs game, all that matters is a character is fun to play until the next patch rolls around. nobody in here even competes

17. Jynks

Jynks some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous

Kenji Kuroda just got arrested for molesting a school girl... Kappa culture personified.

18. New York Pizza

Premium Supporter

@B. Shazzy Resend that inv if you still wanna play

**That was suuuper fun. I'm still dropping clutch combos from our coast to coast rollback which I'm slightly salty by but ggs as always. Practicing with Cody is paying off w/o a doubt.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  19. New York Pizza

Premium Supporter

Ugh.... Ugh...... ugh......ugh..

Ugh.

Just... Ugh.

20. New York Pizza

Premium Supporter

I'm constantly thinking like "what is the solution to this problem?" when it comes to figuring out what my next move is. I'm very much a read based player, I like to solve the individual problems that come with each match up. However all of this Is completely useless when YOU'RE the problem. I'm just.... ineffective. It's apparent when you go 3-17 against someone's negative 357 day character vs your rigorously labbed precious perfect beautiful angel from heaven. I'm bummed but glad at the same time. At least now I feel like I'm rediscovering what my challenges are. I've lasered in on new opportunity for growth and I'm going to take it

21. B. Shazzy

Premium Supporter

lul hope now you realize that it was never guile that makes me the highest ranked.

your aas are pretty good, need to stop playing dashies so much if the connection was good you’d be dead. rollback can make neutral hard but you need to be more patient. on defense taking the throw only works when your neutral is strong otherwise you get steamrolled. youre just very panicky in general need to chill out. idk what youre doing in neutral its like youre playing nash not karin. need a better gameplan to fit her strengths and the confidence to execute it

so far ive beat everybod ive played in sets and some of them were higher ranked than you so dont worry about it too much

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  22. New York Pizza

Premium Supporter

It's not panicky lol I'm fishing for reads and I like to utilize sfvs very fluid mobility. Any dash in for pressure was a read otherwise it was a safe dash forward then walk back to wiff punish along with backdashes. Like an Infiltration style play. I mostly opened you up and won matches on reads and wiff punishes which you forgot to mention were also gdlk in addition to my impeccable aa's- I will take any legitimate criticism however bc you are indeed a godlike player. I'm not making excuses but I Must've dropped 60% of my confirms because of rollback and karin lives or dies on them unlike Cody who has a million frames of hit confirmable combos besides just v trigger "lul" so your char has that going for him. But then again I don't play online to keep score and it's so juvenile you even mention to me your rank and that you win online casual sets... "lul"- save that kind of flexing for the other hangnail minds in this thread bc to a handsome seasoned adult like me it's just pathetic.

23. B. Shazzy

Premium Supporter

ok you dont play to keep score yet posted the score of the last set?

whatever you say bro lul. relax. infiltration plays like that because its a character strength. its not meant to be one size fits all style of play. karin definitely cannot play dashies but im not here to change your game so do whatever i guess

24. New York Pizza

Premium Supporter

I don't even know if it was really 17-3 I'm guessimating lol, it was just to take responsibility for the obvious skill gap (youre welcome) - not to flex on a player with dozens of THOUSANDS less games than I do lol. Guess I'll be the incredibly wise gregacious one here by pointing out our sets are purely symbiotic lol you act like it's e league the way you pop off. May you find all the relaxing.

Stop. Karin covers top tier ground with top tier speed with a 3 frmr & low profiling cmd dash. She certainly can play dashies. It's in the frame data. I thought you've played the char cmon

I take full credit for those other players you've beaten.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  25. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
    This is why you can’t be nice shazzy. Go back to the dark side. This bronze took 3 games in rollback and is putting you on blast. Where’s my super evil shazzy that would flash kick him on his own wakeup just to prove a point.

Killphil likes this.