What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Im gonna watch now cuz this DBFZ tourny on TeamSpooky is boring as fuck...
Lol, yea I think Justin Wong will take this but it's nice seeing a character like Falke who nobody really thought would make it to where she's at on top 8. I mean it is the player who matters first and foremost but it's good to see weaker characters in events.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Lol, yea I think Justin Wong will take this but it's nice seeing a character like Falke who nobody really thought would make it to where she's at on top 8. I mean it is the player who matters first and foremost but it's good to see weaker characters in events.
Who end up winning? J wong?

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
V frustrates because it's a bad game, and it's frustrating when a bad game is bad and you have a bad time because the bad game shows it's badness.

V is too thin to ever be a great game. It MIGHT aspire - some day - to being a good game.. but it's not there yet.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
V frustrates because it's a bad game, and it's frustrating when a bad game is bad and you have a bad time because the bad game shows it's badness.

V is too thin to ever be a great game. It MIGHT aspire - some day - to being a good game.. but it's not there yet.
We know lol. But V has already accumulated their "stans" to follow SF whatever direction Capcom takes with this game.

I think the game is in a pretty good place right now - balance wise and gameplay wise. I know I have recent temper tantrums complaining about this game lol but truth is I find as I get better all of the classic elements street fighter is known for comes to the forefront.

Like this past month (including today lol) my main complaint was that for a game that makes you "hold" so much pressure and frame traps, too many characters can get in with cheap, plus on block, fast, ambiguous trajectory/ hurtbox advancing specials lol. I did get better at dealing with this, and as a result it feels like a much smoother game for me now. Even dealing with the crazy pressure/ ambiguois cross ups doesnt make me squint my eyes at capcom anymore. Albeit I put in hella work trying to overcome my gripes with this game Lol, but for the most part I did.

Imo nothing is too cheap (except guile), free (except guile), strong (except guile), unfair (except guile) and at the same time it doesn't feel like a "thin" game to me (except guile players).

I like this conversation though, can you go into more detail on your points?

Actually SF4 is very polarizing, it had PLENTY of haters at first too, from the oldskool fans and even 3S fans. Vanilla SF4 was terrible. It wasnt until much later that is started to get people enjoying it, and even now, its still a divisive series. Personally, I much prefer SFV.
sf4 was not "very polarizing". it was hated yeah, kinda like every popular game.
most from cancerous 3s players who got destroyed by "09,ers"
besides that, every vanilla version is shit, no matter which fg.

sf4 was an amazing game overall since super.
also it was the comeback/revival of fighting games and fgc.
without sf4 we would not have such "esports" in fighting games like we have now, btw.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Cody looks so good, I'm freaking swooning here. Might be the heat...
He looks so much fun to use! And I don't think his animations are as bad as they initially looked like. Not as smooth at Menat (but no one is), but not as bad as Falke. I'm okay with it, but seriously, the animation team at Capcom needs to do better.

xiskza

Underworld
His animations are top notch. His recovery animations are godlike. The only character that I feel has subpar animations is Falke, so I dont get the SFV animators need to do better. Its probably the best animated fighter out there, to me that is the last thing SFV needs to be concerned about. NRS could learn a lot in this case.

Also that pipe looks like so much fun! https://streamable.com/wfpj1

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
His animations are top notch. His recovery animations are godlike. The only character that I feel has subpar animations is Falke, so I dont get the SFV animators need to do better. Its probably the best animated fighter out there. NRS could learn a lot.

Also that pipe looks like so much fun! https://streamable.com/wfpj1
I just heard a lot of people saying his animations looked subpar as well when the trailer hit, but I was too much of a drooling fanboy to notice any of it, so I didn't want to comment on it back then. But I'm so glad his animations does indeed prove to be good! ♥

And yes, those recovery animations are sexy as hell!