What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I wonder if cody will end up being good or fall into the 'booty buttcheeks bin' like so many before have.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I wonder if cody will end up being good or fall into the 'booty buttcheeks bin' like so many before have.
Was wondering the same thing. But one thing for sure, most of the new DLC that started off weak, will just get buffs next season.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Trailer makes him look awesome, but the trailers usually do. I hope. Fingers crossed.

They captured the brawler vibe really well imo. The knees, the straight forward no nonsense punches.. I love that his VTs are literally a pipe and a fucking knife.

He has some great looking shit. That slow projectile could have utility and be a strong tool.. he appears to have his slide. The ability to hit a rock into the air in VT should allow some setup fun, hell maybe it'll mesh with his projectile in interesting ways.. all of this is assuming Capcom doesn't monkey-fuck every aspect of every move like Falke, with impossible recovery, pointless damage, idiotic pushback, and horrendous recover... Because at a glance, Falke has a cool kit. Until you realize it's all just a shadow of what it should be.

And yeah, maybe if he's bad, in half a year or so he'll get buffs. Or, he'll be Ed, and continue to be awful - getting NERFED even. Regardless though, the idea of buying a character in the hopes they won't be a dumpster fire of liquid garbage in 4-6mo is ridiculous and no one in their right mind should support that kind of thing.

Last edited:

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I really like that remix. I overall don't care for the SFV soundtrack though, as I find a lot of the remixes and new tracks sound rather dull compared to those in USF4. This one and Rashid's are my favourites though.

Also, VesperArcade made this breakdown of Cody's moves in the trailer:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
My Urien has leveled up. I landed one entire combo. It had like two normals and a special move. I immediately mistimed the meaty and got thrown. But I mean.. I landed a combo.

I am currently forcing myself through sheer will power, to not pick Ibuki..with Cody coming in a month...

My Urien has leveled up. I landed one entire combo. It had like two normals and a special move. I immediately mistimed the meaty and got thrown. But I mean.. I landed a combo.

I am currently forcing myself through sheer will power, to not pick Ibuki..with Cody coming in a month...
I tried picking up ibuki, way too high learning ceiling for me lol.

Was looking into Karins reset options and found a safe mid screen wake up bait option against Guile. I explain in the video.

1. Crumple k/d into ambiguous cross up situation that also becomes a wake up bait.

2. Meaty jump in kick will either hit Guiles Dp out of the air and put into 50/50 situation or will connect if guile does not wake up.

**3. If timed correctly, wake up will not switch sides with Karins jump arc and her jump in kick will connect before they are able to dp after reversal frames.

4. Does not work if they delay wake up but it is safe.

Last edited:
Was looking into Karins reset options and found a safe mid screen wake up bait option against Guile. I explain in the video.

1. Crumple k/d into ambiguous cross up situation that also becomes a wake up bait.

2. Meaty jump in kick will either hit Guiles Dp out of the air and put into 50/50 situation or will connect if guile does not wake up.

**3. If timed correctly, wake up will not switch sides with Karins jump arc and her jump in kick will connect before they are able to dp after reversal frames.

4. Does not work if they delay wake up but it is safe.

Two questions,
1) you mention you put them in a 50/50 situation, what situation is that? As in what two options do you have?
2) are you on pc? Because on ps4 you can re-start battle by pressing the left analog stick instead of going into the menu and then selecting the re-start battle option.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Anyone here play 3rd Strike? Never got into before but was surprised to find myself having the most fun with it out of all the SF30AC online games and am kinda considering picking it up now.

Also inb4 Shazzy’s the best at that shit too