What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Two questions,
1) you mention you put them in a 50/50 situation, what situation is that? As in what two options do you have?
2) are you on pc? Because on ps4 you can re-start battle by pressing the left analog stick instead of going into the menu and then selecting the re-start battle option.
The 50/50 comes after I hit guiles dp out of the air. Since I will always land first because I'm on my way down from the jump already, I could walk under and cross up or stay behind guile. Just like how Ibuki does her air-to-air cross up shenanigans.

After the crumple kd, I'm extremely plus. I can walk back and jump in for an ambiguous cross up before they even have a chance to wake up. I find that a lot of players try to quick rise since they can't tech any other way, so that works in my favor if I know their wake up hitboxes to try to get around it.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Was looking into Karins reset options and found a safe mid screen wake up bait option against Guile. I explain in the video.

1. Crumple k/d into ambiguous cross up situation that also becomes a wake up bait.

2. Meaty jump in kick will either hit Guiles Dp out of the air and put into 50/50 situation or will connect if guile does not wake up.

**3. If timed correctly, wake up will not switch sides with Karins jump arc and her jump in kick will connect before they are able to dp after reversal frames.

4. Does not work if they delay wake up but it is safe.

6/10, needs more Guile-bashing

Even when sfv wasn't the last game at combo breaker it still had more viewers than any other game. 80K+ total viewers, that's insane man. I mean it has had more viewers than every game in all events this year so it's no surprise but for a game that gets so much hate, it's still king in pulling in the viewers, (and entrants except for 1 event). So I think, what is it about sfv that piles up viewers more than other fighters? Is it the history? The community? The fame? Or is sfv just the better fighter overall? I'd love opinions.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Anybody playing 30th anniversary collection?. Got it yesterday and the netcode is hot garbage. Anyone else having issues with bad lag

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Anybody playing 30th anniversary collection?. Got it yesterday and the netcode is hot garbage. Anyone else having issues with bad lag

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
im downloading it. i mean i did buy it only to enjoy those games in a ps4 and a huge tv.
if i want serious matches i still go fightcade cos highlevel competition and good netcode

Even when sfv wasn't the last game at combo breaker it still had more viewers than any other game. 80K+ total viewers, that's insane man. I mean it has had more viewers than every game in all events this year so it's no surprise but for a game that gets so much hate, it's still king in pulling in the viewers, (and entrants except for 1 event). So I think, what is it about sfv that piles up viewers more than other fighters? Is it the history? The community? The fame? Or is sfv just the better fighter overall? I'd love opinions.
tripple post lol.
of course its not because the better fighter overall, lol.
its cos STREET FIGHTER.
the legendary fighting serie, THE fgc game.

tripple post lol.
of course its not because the better fighter overall, lol.
its cos STREET FIGHTER.
the legendary fighting serie, THE fgc game.
Yea I know it's the SF franchise that definitely influences the fgc. The viewers,etc. I can't imagine any other fighter surviving its first year with the awful launch that sfv had. Man I wish I would have played sf4. Everyone says it was much better than V. Did you play sf4?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Who else saw the legend Itabashi lose to some random Guile? Lol Capcom pls.
Just now saw this.

RobTV is def not random, especially if you kept up with the ELEAGUE Challenger, Red Bull, or watched NEC. General consensus is he's one of the strongest in my region (Midwest), and is the best in my state (Ohio).

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Just now saw this.

RobTV is def not random, especially if you kept up with the ELEAGUE Challenger, Red Bull, or watched NEC. General consensus is he's one of the strongest in my region (Midwest), and is the best in my state (Ohio).
Welcome to the thread, dude. Don’t take it too seriously and you’ll have a good time here lol.

Yea I know it's the SF franchise that definitely influences the fgc. The viewers,etc. I can't imagine any other fighter surviving its first year with the awful launch that sfv had. Man I wish I would have played sf4. Everyone says it was much better than V. Did you play sf4?
of course i played it. i thought i had told you that i mained blanka like for 3 years or so.
i played sf4 tournaments from 09 - 2013.

do you have usf4 for the ps4?
everyone should have that game!

xiskza

Underworld
Actually SF4 is very polarizing, it had PLENTY of haters at first too, from the oldskool fans and even 3S fans. Vanilla SF4 was terrible. It wasnt until much later that is started to get people enjoying it, and even now, its still a divisive series. Personally, I much prefer SFV.

of course i played it. i thought i had told you that i mained blanka like for 3 years or so.
i played sf4 tournaments from 09 - 2013.

do you have usf4 for the ps4?
everyone should have that game!
I don't unfortunately.
Actually SF4 is very polarizing, it had PLENTY of haters at first too, from the oldskool fans and even 3S fans. Vanilla SF4 was terrible. It wasnt until much later that is started to get people enjoying it, and even now, its still a divisive series. Personally, I much prefer SFV.
Yea I never played sf4 but I absolutely love sfv also.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Isn't that just typical for most fighting game franchises though? People hating on the new, because it is different, but when the next thing comes along, suddenly the game they hated on is then considered to be the better one?

Isn't that just typical for most fighting game franchises though? People hating on the new, because it is different, but when the next thing comes along, suddenly the game they hated on is then considered to be the better one?
Yea there might be that pattern for a lot of fighters.

Also all I know is that there is no other fighter out there that brings the salt like sfv. I don't know what it is but everyone from rookie to pros get frustrated by this game, and I'm not talking about it in a negative way, I guess you have to concentrate a lot in this game or something.

A compilation of my precious perfect beautiful mid tier angel from heaven defeating Grand Masters (including Goumaru, rank 15.) SORRY I COULDN'T EDIT IT IN ONE VIDEO I DON'T KNOW HOW FROM MY PS4 BUT IF YOU TELL ME HOW I'LL CHANGE IT. I've been leveling up for so long can't you understand?

Last edited:
A compilation of my precious perfect beautiful mid tier angel from heaven defeating Grand Masters (including Goumaru, rank 15.) SORRY I COULDN'T EDIT IT IN ONE VIDEO I DON'T KNOW HOW FROM MY PS4 BUT IF YOU TELL ME HOW I'LL CHANGE IT. I've been leveling up for so long can't you understand?

Cool vids bro. I wish I could play a character that doesn't have fireballs.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs

Good shit, dude. Seems like you leveled a hell of a lot in almost no time at all.

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, 10/10 ON THOSE VID TITLES HOLY SHIT LOLOL