What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Lol, well her footsie game is strong so I guess she’s a character for players who particularly like footsie characters I guess.
I personally find Karin a LOT more fun to play than Cammy, but there is an appeal to Cammy.. Her buttons are just.. good. I think footsies with her can be interesting and fun - but I'm not a strong neutral player.. if I'm good at anything (debatable) it's usually reads/mindgames/offense.. But some of what make the neutral fun with Cammy is just how much she can dominate it. Set the dummy to block and chain st.lks into it and look at how little pushback that normal has. 4f, +1ob and excellent range for what it is. Every medium button she has is nice.. her heavy buttons are good.. Using her f.hk (the double knee) in neutral is 'bad' but you'd be surprised how well it works vs dash happy players.. its a lot of active frames to put out there (dont do this vs good players, they will beat you to death with your own knee caps, but its a thing and its funny when it works).

I feel like to do well with Cammy, like actually well, you do have to have solid fundamentals, and she's a good teacher of that kinda stuff. She's very strong and she can win so many neutral situations (this is good for learning for a lot of reasons) but shes very fragile and vs decent players, you cant miss confirms, you cant throw out bad DKs.. She does take fairly solid and clean play to win with, but shes powerful enough to make up for less than perfect play, and give you time and options to learn what you're doing.. without carrying you entirely.

As to your previous questions about Necalli and Karin.. For whatever it's worth I'll give my opinions. Just a heads up, these opinions are based on online ranked strength/viability. Not about how well they'd do in tournament/offline/evo/daigo/whatever strength. Of course, in the online/ranked environment any character can win and any character can climb the ranks. Some just do it more easily. An example would be Cammy. I dont think shes a strong ranked character, even though shes arguably the best character in the game - though I think shes a good character to learn with.

Necalli is strong IMO. He has 3f buttons. DPs. Decent normals. VT1 is a nice, easy to implement VT that you can almost always use in some way. He has fake shit, real shit, shit in the middle. He plays SFV well enough. Damage. His dash game is great, especially online, lol. I think, in ranked terms, he's very strong. He isnt super hard to win with and doesnt take complex or situational stuff to be effective.

Karin is strong too. Really good buttons. Great movement. DP. 3f. She's good at turning meter into more damage and shes easy to pressure with. She's harder to play well than some as you climb and play better and better players though. She's a nice mix of 'just do stuff' and fundamental play. In ranked terms I think shes good, but not amazing. Lagg/Less than perfect connections can make some of her stuff wonky and unreliable. She's not as forgiving as some characters. She requires proper meter management imo.

Tournament/offline viability? I dont see them as top tier, but both are strong.

I personally find Karin a LOT more fun to play than Cammy, but there is an appeal to Cammy.. Her buttons are just.. good. I think footsies with her can be interesting and fun - but I'm not a strong neutral player.. if I'm good at anything (debatable) it's usually reads/mindgames/offense.. But some of what make the neutral fun with Cammy is just how much she can dominate it. Set the dummy to block and chain st.lks into it and look at how little pushback that normal has. 4f, +1ob and excellent range for what it is. Every medium button she has is nice.. her heavy buttons are good.. Using her f.hk (the double knee) in neutral is 'bad' but you'd be surprised how well it works vs dash happy players.. its a lot of active frames to put out there (dont do this vs good players, they will beat you to death with your own knee caps, but its a thing and its funny when it works).

I feel like to do well with Cammy, like actually well, you do have to have solid fundamentals, and she's a good teacher of that kinda stuff. She's very strong and she can win so many neutral situations (this is good for learning for a lot of reasons) but shes very fragile and vs decent players, you cant miss confirms, you cant throw out bad DKs.. She does take fairly solid and clean play to win with, but shes powerful enough to make up for less than perfect play, and give you time and options to learn what you're doing.. without carrying you entirely.

As to your previous questions about Necalli and Karin.. For whatever it's worth I'll give my opinions. Just a heads up, these opinions are based on online ranked strength/viability. Not about how well they'd do in tournament/offline/evo/daigo/whatever strength. Of course, in the online/ranked environment any character can win and any character can climb the ranks. Some just do it more easily. An example would be Cammy. I dont think shes a strong ranked character, even though shes arguably the best character in the game - though I think shes a good character to learn with.

Necalli is strong IMO. He has 3f buttons. DPs. Decent normals. VT1 is a nice, easy to implement VT that you can almost always use in some way. He has fake shit, real shit, shit in the middle. He plays SFV well enough. Damage. His dash game is great, especially online, lol. I think, in ranked terms, he's very strong. He isnt super hard to win with and doesnt take complex or situational stuff to be effective.

Karin is strong too. Really good buttons. Great movement. DP. 3f. She's good at turning meter into more damage and shes easy to pressure with. She's harder to play well than some as you climb and play better and better players though. She's a nice mix of 'just do stuff' and fundamental play. In ranked terms I think shes good, but not amazing. Lagg/Less than perfect connections can make some of her stuff wonky and unreliable. She's not as forgiving as some characters. She requires proper meter management imo.

Tournament/offline viability? I dont see them as top tier, but both are strong.
I agree, Karin is funner but I think cammy is stronger. And yea cammy is footsie and neutral heavy as any character that I’ve ever seen, with some weaknesses like misconfirmed drills. I would love to be able to play either of those 3 characters but I’ll be honest and admit I can’t play any character without a fireball for shit lol.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Its funny too because I'm giving Mika a hard look as a secondary to Urien, for when I just feel like doing something different. I like command grabs. Granted Ive said this half a dozen times now, if not more, and I never actually pick anyone else up. For *me*, its been a while.. kinda proud of myself. Now if I could just play more than like twice a week...... =/

Thanks for letting us know that just now, 3 and a half seasons later, you're learning to hit confirm with Ken. Congratulations.

Yes, young grasshopper, Go. Optimize. Legitimize. But don't epitomize every online ken with 200 ping doing air tatsumaki kick into DP.
This man talks like that when he’s still not learned that I’ll bop him for doing empty command dashes. Hit confirm away dude! You the best!!!!!

This man talks like that when he’s still not learned that I’ll bop him for doing empty command dashes. Hit confirm away dude! You the best!!!!!
Last we played the letters were still white and the menu screen was still blue. If you're not too Hollywood to play an ultra gold like me fite me bish. One thing is for sure though you won't be getting away with doing that random ex head butt double reversal thing on me you maniac. I pride myself on being the Tokido of Ultra Golds.

I'm gonna get wrecked

Last we played the letters were still white and the menu screen was still blue. If you're not too Hollywood to play an ultra gold like me fite me bish. One thing is for sure though you won't be getting away with doing that random ex head butt double reversal thing on me you maniac. I pride myself on being the Tokido of Ultra Golds.

I'm gonna get wrecked
I’m working today but ofc id play if you wanted lol. I’m just memeing tho, you don’t have to defend your honor vs me. I’m the forever ultra silver.

If you’re on late tonight we can play though.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I don't know about that - I'm sure you'll download me eventually and put my precious perfect beautiful angel from heaven into the aegis blender, at which point I'll give up and finish the aforementioned bottle of Jamenson
Idk wtf Jamenson is supposed to be but you need to stop spelling it that way. Who tf gave you all those likes? 1/10, terrible poster.

Once Cody drops I’m having him put hands all over your precious angel. In the meantime, don’t @ me.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Thanks for letting us know that just now, 3 and a half seasons later, you're learning to hit confirm with Ken. Congratulations.

Yes, young grasshopper, Go. Optimize. Legitimize. But don't epitomize every online ken with 200 ping doing air tatsumaki kick into DP.
Wow check out dem barz. Is that jay z replying me ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I awaken. "I.... I can't move." After the initial haze of consciousness starts to settle I realize I am bound and tied to a lone chair. "Where am i?" I can barely see. Besides the massive headache from whatever... whoever knocked my stun bar out cold and bound me here, its as dark as midnight. My feet are wet, I hear what must be rain pounding and leaking through the shallow metal ceiling above like steelpans at a wedding cocktail hour. "Maybe if I just.... Aggghh" Shit.... I'm stuck.

I can make out what looks like oil barrels placed sporadically throughout the area. I must be in some sort of warehouse. The reality of the situation starts to sink in. "Fuck. I hope this is not a "Dark Knight" kind of situation." I hope to God I'm not Rachel. Not being able to move, I start looking for anything sharp that could cut me out of the bandages. I'm literally looking for a needle in a... Warehouse. My struggle with the chair echoes in the erie silence and darkness of the warehouse. I feel my adrenaline pumping more and more with each minute, knowing that the more I stall, the less likely I'll make it out alive. Suddenly, I happen to glance forward to the sight of... not a barrel. I notice a sillouete of a woman through the darkness. She too is sitting, only she's clearly not bound like I am. Even her shadow seems poised, assuring, focused: one leg crossed perpendicular over the other, one arm stretched across the back rest, she seems to be... watching me.

"Hello?!! Help me!!! Please!!!" I feel like I've seen this image before, but goddamn it I have no time to entertain deja vu. "Help! Please! Are you there?" Was I hallucinating? Suddenly the silhouette rises from her chair... eerily slow. The sound of high heels clicking the concrete floor gets louder as she slowly walks toward me, not uttering a word. "Please. Hurry. I don't know why I'm here. I don't belong here!" As she approaches the silhouette becomes more of a woman. A vibrant red sports blazer. Golden, luscious European style curled locks, white ruffled sleeves protruding from under her blazer. "Oh my god." It all hit me at once like an R. Mika in the corner. The business trip to Russia. The club. The upstairs bar where last thing I remember before being stunned was seeing a woman..... it was her.

She rests one hand on my shoulder, gently massages my shoulder working her way down to my chest. My waist. My leg. She leans forward, gently caresses my chin and brings her lips softly onto mine. Finally, she speaks.

"You're not going anywhere. I'm not done with you yet"

**TO BE CONTINUED

Last edited: