Street Fighter V General Discussion

Discussion in 'Street Fighter' started by Rickyraws, Feb 16, 2016.

1. xiskza

xiskza Underworld

I don't really think her animations are bad. She seems to have a lot hit stop which make the transitions between moves look jerky. Plus she's a lot slower than I expected which just enhances those transitions.

I'll wait for her to be released cause as usual the trailer gives little insight.

Rip Torn likes this.
  2. Someone mentioned on one of the status updates that her frames were cut (?) for some of the trailers so it might be that.

xiskza likes this.
  3. NHDR

NHDR Noob

She can crouch under fireballs while firing her own? Guile counter-pick incoming...

Johnny Based Cage and JBeezYBabY like this.
  4. xiskza

xiskza Underworld

She looks like a really strong zoner, and anti-zoners character. Her combos during VT are pretty rad. Gotta say, this showcase made me a lot more interested in her game play. Her anti-air game is insane, the damage is great too.

5. B. Shazzy

B. Shazzy Retired Best Batman
    Premium Supporter

more than half the cast can get around blocking a projectile. it doesnt mean anything, when will people realize you lose to guile all the time cuz ur not good at the matchup, not because his zoning is impossible to navigate.

think about it. you have a character like balrog already in the game who literally can fly across the screen in an instant while avoiding a projectile. You still had these season 2 balrog players confused about the guile matchup. what does falke having a coward crouch matter to people who dont even know how to use their characters let alone fight guile

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  6. xiskza

xiskza Underworld

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    JBeezYBabY likes this.
  7. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

Looking at reviews and people's reactions, she is NOT being well receptive. Looking at her animations just remind me of MVCi's ugly designs all over again. And I dont like the fact that you have to hold punch button to charge her projectile. She is NOT Megaman, but eh...i suppose they want to make her different.

Major positive tho is her theme music. Gives me a euphoric, sexy feel. Probably one of the best tracks from the cast, aside from Sakura and Menat.

I haven't seen the showcase all the way through, but I shall check that out today while at work.

8. xiskza

xiskza Underworld

I'd say its more of a mixed reaction. Judging by the polls on her I've seen, more on the positive than the negative.
    The trailer didnt do her justice, people during the Capcom-Unity stream were really liking her (oddly enough they had a much better stream than WSO). The animations are good, just a bit too smooth, they lack impact. Its just her CA that's terrible.
    When you slow them down is when you can really appreciate the details of her movements. People totally overreacted, even myself tbh. Some people are just mad she's not the typical staff user, since she uses it more like a gun - to me this is a good thing. Its unique, and it doesnt invalidate Rolento from ever coming to SFV.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    JBeezYBabY likes this.
  9. xiskza

xiskza Underworld

10. Johnny Based Cage

Johnny Based Cage Day -10,000 Phenomenal Cody Masher
    Premium Supporter

3.5 Balrog got a teleport omg 2 op waaaah

The Slaj Jazz likes this.
  11. xiskza

xiskza Underworld

12. xiskza

xiskza Underworld

Check out Vesper's breakdown on her movelist, really interesting

JBeezYBabY likes this.
  13. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

JUST saw that video. She has a cute corner game.

14. xiskza

xiskza Underworld

From what I see, she can be a great zoner with her fireballs and long pokes, but she can also play the agressive corner combo game. She's gonna be a tricky one. A lot of potential there, but its gonna take time to figure her out.

15. Linkuei82

Linkuei82 Live by the sword, Die by the sword
    Premium Supporter

Falke look pretty good and fun to play.

16. NHDR

NHDR Noob

The average player hasn't figured out how to get past zoning since SF2. That doesn't mean Falke won't potentially be a counter-pick against Guile. Some players are good enough to abuse a matchup in their favor, some are not.

17. xiskza

xiskza Underworld

Check this analysis out

ILuvFightGames likes this.
  18. So Ryu and Laura are bottom tier in this patch according to some pros. But my 3rd character is top tier which is akuma, interesting.

19. EntropicByDesign

EntropicByDesign Confused and afraid.

Welp. After watching some of the Falke breakdown stuff and gameplay.. I am officially sold on trying her out. She actually looks like she has a LOT of potential, provided she isn't nerfed before release. If she keeps the standing +2 ob low combo starting command normal and the weird divekick-a-ma-jig that's so ambiguous and causes that bounce back.. she has some really interesting stuff going on.

I went from pretty neutral to actually excited. Fingers crossed.

20. Johnny Based Cage

Premium Supporter

Laura was the first Abigail (except she actually won some shit). Don’t ever expect a grappler to stay above low mid tier for long in a Street Fighter game.

21. xiskza

xiskza Underworld

Akuma is always top tier.

22. xiskza

xiskza Underworld

I'd say Mika has been a consistent top tier/high mid tier in SFV. Abigail is still very strong in 3.5...

23. Johnny Based Cage

Premium Supporter

I don’t think there’s any chance in hell either of those characters are even close to top tier now and if they are, I’d bet good money they just get nerfed again.

24. LiangHuBBB

LiangHuBBB Noob

This is how Zeku should've been on release.

25. xiskza

xiskza Underworld

They are still top tier. Not Akuma/Cammy tier, but high tier. Probably B+