Street Fighter V General Discussion

Discussion in 'Street Fighter' started by Rickyraws, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Johnny Based Cage

Johnny Based Cage Day -10,000 Phenomenal Cody Masher
    Premium Supporter

I can get it, it’s just a total pain in the ass. You have to do the full CA motion in the few frames after you input the dp don’t you, unless I’m missing something?

2. Linkuei82

Linkuei82 Live by the sword, Die by the sword
    Premium Supporter

I buffet the first qcb right after the input then do qcb after the input for the CA if that makes sense.

3. xiskza

xiskza Underworld

Coming April 4th

[​IMG]

From EH:

ILuvFightGames likes this.
  4. Johnny Based Cage

Premium Supporter

Buffering’s when you use the motion from one move as part of the motion needed for the next (i.e. quarter circle punch for Hadoken then only need one more quarter circle punch for critical art). If you’re doing the full CA motion after the dp motion there’s no buffering, which is wack lol.

5. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
  7. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
    Wow. Watching a stream and seeing shazzy get bodied 0-2. It’s almost like he loses sometimes too. Crazy.

EntropicByDesign likes this.
  8. B. Shazzy

B. Shazzy Retired Best Batman
    Premium Supporter

cool story

9. EntropicByDesign

EntropicByDesign Confused and afraid.

Anyone on for sets?

10. B. Shazzy

B. Shazzy Retired Best Batman
    Premium Supporter

i got “bodied” 0-2 but you know i ran it back 30 mins later paying attention and the dude couldnt get a round off me this time lol

hmm i wonder what happened how mysterious hmmmm

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  11. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
    Gj winning 50% of your matches in the 6.5/3.5 mu.

12. Hyped for the anniversary edition, anyone know when it comes out?

Linkuei82 likes this.
  13. Scott The Scot

Scott The Scot Where there is smoke, there is cancer.

May 29th!

@JJvercetti are you getting anniversary edition? It's gonna be lit man. We can play some more Q vs Ryu in 3s like when used to play FightCade :D

14. Cool thanks bro.

Scott The Scot likes this.
  15. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
  16. New York Pizza

New York Pizza Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

Yeah he did it from like a mile away but still looks cool

17. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
  18. Ok guys, incoming dumbass question, I realized when you knock someone down and you go for a shimmy, I noticed if you walk back and bait the tech throw and you press a heavy (most likely the crush counter) you get that, a cc. BUT...you can just stand there bait the tech throw and get a crush counter if they go for a tech throw WITHOUT having to walk back (shimmy), so my question is, why even walk back if you get the same result. Can someone learn me a lesson here?

19. Johnny Based Cage

Premium Supporter

I could be wrong because I really don’t know shit about GuessFV other than how bad it is but I think it’s mainly to trick them into being more likely to attempt the throw tech (and making sure you aren’t in range to get thrown yourself, when they go for it).

If you move in close their natural instinct is you’re going for a throw and then you step out of range and mop them up for trying to tech the thing they thought you were gonna do but didn’t bc you’re two steps ahead and they’re idiots. Or you’re Ken or whatever lol.

20. That makes perfect sense, thanks for bodying me.

Johnny Based Cage likes this.
  21. LMAO that xcyclopz commentary for sfv at TGU is hilarious.

22. Linkuei82

Linkuei82 Live by the sword, Die by the sword
    Premium Supporter

Lmao I'm listening to him now. His commentating is gdlk lol. John doesn't know how to handle him.

"HE IS HE IS...OH..."

23. EntropicByDesign

EntropicByDesign Confused and afraid.

It depends on knockdown advantage too. Just how much time you have and what will meaty and what wont. The walk back can make it dangerous to throw out buttons for fear of a whiff, BUT since you are walking back, if they are on buttons, or a DP or somesuch, you're holding back, you block.. so its a strong position for you in general. You control the spacing, are staying defensive and forcing them to make a read on what you're doing where most of the options arent badly against you. The movement forces the opponent to make a decision to protect themselves, where most of their options AT BEST lead back to a neutral situation. Movement triggers response.

24. Yup, so true, didn't even think of this reason either, I mean you are blocking regardless of what's happening, thanks man great response also along with the one from @Johnny Based Cage.

Johnny Based Cage likes this.
  25. Scott The Scot

Scott The Scot Where there is smoke, there is cancer.

Anybody remember FANG? Literally haven't fought one in a year and I just found one not too long ago online lol

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him, totally forgot about him lol