What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Don't know if anyone plays Ryu here but does antoje know when I should use donkey kick? I'm thinking the ex version is the one u should be using in combos right?

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Played some more Urien, landed a couple super ass simple aegis combos.. became so hype it was sort of pathetic given how basic they were.. but still.

Still trying to get used to keeping a charge up and still trying to learn my ranges. Urien has crazy range but its not quite as huge as it seems and I keep overestimating it.

Question for our resident Uriens. Where does my Oki pressure come from, and what form does it typically take? For instance, it seems like most of my knockdowns come from throws, h.tackle (various BnBs end with it), ex.tackle, and ex.HB into l.tackle (or more often just ex.hb because I'm bad and miss the charge).

Just curious what you all favor doing off some of our common knockdown situations.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Played some more Urien, landed a couple super ass simple aegis combos.. became so hype it was sort of pathetic given how basic they were.. but still.

Still trying to get used to keeping a charge up and still trying to learn my ranges. Urien has crazy range but its not quite as huge as it seems and I keep overestimating it.

Question for our resident Uriens. Where does my Oki pressure come from, and what form does it typically take? For instance, it seems like most of my knockdowns come from throws, h.tackle (various BnBs end with it), ex.tackle, and ex.HB into l.tackle (or more often just ex.hb because I'm bad and miss the charge).

Just curious what you all favor doing off some of our common knockdown situations.

First let me just say that if you miss the charge after ex.HB you can at least throw out a f.mp for a standing reset if you so choose.

And again, I’m bad and not even a Urien main but I think st.mp is his best oki button in any situations where you’re able to land it meaty. P sure it’s his most plus non-charged normal, can go into cr.hp combos on counter-hit or throw/pressure on block, etc.

Oh and every now and then if you’re feeling cheeky enough there are certain knockdown situations where you can side-switch (or not) with headbutts. Gimmicky at best usually but I’d recommend watching that Piano Densetsu vid @LiangHuBBB posted a couple pages back for some ideas.

Hp headbutt is your ideal knockdown in a grounded combo, afterwards you get a lot of interesting setups but they’re all dependent on how your opponent techs. For now you’re probably better off just doing dash up st mp for most of your oki. It’s manually timed but it’s good to get used to counter hit confirming it.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Hp headbutt is your ideal knockdown in a grounded combo, afterwards you get a lot of interesting setups but they’re all dependent on how your opponent techs. For now you’re probably better off just doing dash up st mp for most of your oki. It’s manually timed but it’s good to get used to counter hit confirming it.

Thanks man. Much appreciated. Yeah, working on confirming that CH into the cr.hp, or going into cr.mp~ etc.

Another question.. Saw a couple sequences where Urien did a combo in the corner, and Im like 90% sure it ended with f.mp, and he was able to cross under after and get behind them. Seems like a nice little setup to have in my pocket, but for the life of me, cant find the footage where I saw it originally. Mind to elaborate? =]