Street Fighter V General Discussion

Discussion in 'Street Fighter' started by Rickyraws, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Johnny Based Cage

Johnny Based Cage Day -10,000 Phenomenal Cody Masher
    Premium Supporter

First let me just say that if you miss the charge after ex.HB you can at least throw out a f.mp for a standing reset if you so choose.

And again, I’m bad and not even a Urien main but I think st.mp is his best oki button in any situations where you’re able to land it meaty. P sure it’s his most plus non-charged normal, can go into cr.hp combos on counter-hit or throw/pressure on block, etc.

Oh and every now and then if you’re feeling cheeky enough there are certain knockdown situations where you can side-switch (or not) with headbutts. Gimmicky at best usually but I’d recommend watching that Piano Densetsu vid @LiangHuBBB posted a couple pages back for some ideas.

EntropicByDesign likes this.
  2. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
    Hp headbutt is your ideal knockdown in a grounded combo, afterwards you get a lot of interesting setups but they’re all dependent on how your opponent techs. For now you’re probably better off just doing dash up st mp for most of your oki. It’s manually timed but it’s good to get used to counter hit confirming it.

3. Damn man I can't shimmy for shit.:(

4. NaCl man

NaCl man Mishima boiz

PSN:
    NaClman82
    XBL:
    NaCl man82
    Who do uou play

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ILuvFightGames likes this.
  5. Ryu,akuma,Laura.

6. EntropicByDesign

EntropicByDesign Confused and afraid.

Anyone want games?

Hit me up on Steam.. Same as my name here.

7. EntropicByDesign

Thanks man. Much appreciated. Yeah, working on confirming that CH into the cr.hp, or going into cr.mp~ etc.

Another question.. Saw a couple sequences where Urien did a combo in the corner, and Im like 90% sure it ended with f.mp, and he was able to cross under after and get behind them. Seems like a nice little setup to have in my pocket, but for the life of me, cant find the footage where I saw it originally. Mind to elaborate? =]

8. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
    There’s a bunch of them. Easiest corner crossup Urien has though is 1x cr hp xx fully charged ex up fireball, df hk. Hold forward to cross under or don’t to stay same side.

You can also do it meterless but it’s significantly harder 2x cr hp xx hp fireball (slight delay) f mp.

You can also just manually time an ex air fireball for it, or do weird stuff like cr hpx2 into delayed ex headbutt into f mp.

9. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
  10. Cool bro. Hey, when you knock sim down on both occasions and you do the st.hk (I think) on his wakeup he teleports out of the way, if he would have tried to tech throw instead because he thought you were gonna throw him would your st.hk hit him?

11. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
    Yes.

ILuvFightGames likes this.
  12. Johnny Based Cage

Premium Supporter

13. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
    Yeahboth of those setups are stupid easy. Corner one can be a little tricky till you understand the spacing for it.

Johnny Based Cage likes this.
  14. EntropicByDesign

Too much footsies.

Johnny Based Cage likes this.
  15. Johnny Based Cage

Premium Supporter

df.hk works for the corner one instead of f.mp and is p braindead but not as swaggy and the mirror doesn’t hit too. Either way people are getting caught though. Love ‘em.

16. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
    Oh I meant the mirror spacing. Depending on how close the mirror is to the corner you’ve gotta modify your combos a bit. You also add some different options too besides the side switch 50/50.

17. EntropicByDesign

Ive been playing more SFV and Tekken than I have DBFz the last week.

I have like.. an hour before work, maybe an hour and a half. Sets?

18. Scott The Scot

Scott The Scot Where there is smoke, there is cancer.

What the hell, did they nerf Guiles bazooka knee?? I just tried to get on and play and I can't combo from it at max range anymore and it doesn't seem as advantageous :/

19. EntropicByDesign

20. Scott The Scot

I'm a one trick pony but sure I'll play if you want my dude

EDIT: Actually, I wanna watch the Sonic vs GO1 set. I can play then if you're available.

21. EntropicByDesign

22. Johnny Based Cage

Premium Supporter

I’ve always wanted to pick-up Juri; anyone know a good place to start, guide-wise and whatnot?

23. Linkuei82

Linkuei82 Live by the sword, Die by the sword
    Premium Supporter

RedGambit on Youtube has a good guide on Juri.

The best Juri player imo is Infiltration but it's so weird that he never made a guide for her. Probably because it's his main.

She is really really fun to play to me along with Nash, Alex, Akuma, and Ibuki.

24. Johnny Based Cage

Premium Supporter

Thanks, dude! I was definitely planning on watching Infiltration, Gentleman Thief, and AiAi footage once I grasped the basics. Not even sure they all still play her but Infiltration alone should be enough he’s such a god lol.

Linkuei82 likes this.
  25. Scott The Scot

Yo anybody know where to learn Blanka? So far I'm just mashing, doing some flying balls and yeah that's bout it lol