What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
@FL Rushdown

That's extremely cool to hear man, congrats. And I don't mean that you got bodied, but that you went in to this wanting to play seriously and get better and you've seen pretty incredible results.

I still have this urge to play SFv and become decent.. it's why I pop in and out here all the time, I've just never been able to click with the game. I play the cast, then force-commit to a main and burn out almost immediately. In inj2 it took me a long time to find and settle on Beetle (and Hellboy to a lesser degree) but once I did - while I was still ''meh' - I began improving rapidly. In sfiv it took me a while to find Decapre, but once I did, i improved rapidly. In dbfz I got pretty lucky and found 2/3 of my team practically at launch, and while I experimented some here and there I did have a core I clicked with and I've been chugging along pretty reasonably.

Pointless post, just saying I wish I could find that in SFV, and it's extremely cool that you have not only done that, but have had a lot of success at it, have become very good and seem like you keep getting better. It's also with a hype ass character and one of my favorites in the game, hands down - Im just absolutely TERRIBLE at long sequence/extremely specific setup stuff.

Blanka, Urien, Ed..

I had planned to play s3 Juri but ultimately I just found her more tedious than fun. Ken I played some as well but he wasn't all that fun really. Ed's changes address what I didn't like about him originally. Urien is absolutely amazing and Id love to main him, I'm just terrible at the style of play required to make his reflector stuff work properly - long semi-precise, situational sequences that have subtle variations and versions depending on desired reset or distance from corner, or the normal you opened with, etc etc... and I dont know if Urien's vt2 is any good or not (is it?) but Urien without reflector just seems weird... though if it was really viable......... shrug. Blanka I cant really say for sure beyond I think he looks cool and I like his normals and moveset and so on.

Anyone interested in sets or anything with someone who hasnt really played the game, and barely touched it at all, in months? I wouldnt mind a test run with Blanka, though I doubt I'll get much done lol.

EntropicByDesign

@FL Rushdown

@anyone really

How does Uriens vt2 stack up? Seems like his reflectors are still the way to go? But is running VT2 a liability or?

Shrug. Just general opinions would be appreciated.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
@FL Rushdown

@anyone really

How does Uriens vt2 stack up? Seems like his reflectors are still the way to go? But is running VT2 a liability or?

Shrug. Just general opinions would be appreciated.
I personally really like it. Nothing is going to compare to Aegis and Tyrant Pressure may not even be a top 5 new V2 in the game overall but I still think it’s pretty good.

Forces people to be a little more wary of counter-poking, has insane corner carry, some pretty decent set-ups, okay mix-up potential (nowhere near the potential as Aegis in that regard, but still), and is just badass.

EntropicByDesign

@FL Rushdown @Johnny Based Cage

Thanks much.

Another question if you dont mind.. Well two, I guess.

1) does CC st.hp into dash cr.hp not combo any more or am I so out of practice I cant make this work? If not, whats the followup off CC st.hp now?

2)the cr.hp x l.headbutt cr.hp x fireball etc etc combo, is there a specific trick to the timing? I keep landing behind the dummy in training mode unless I space it out quite a lot, and it looks like in Rushdown's video he made for me a while ago, that's not necessary. It seems like if I delay the l.headbutt as long as I can and get the second cr.hp out immediately it lands, but wasnt sure if you all had a trick or any tips on the timing for the sake of consistency. Quick edit, I can nail it after a CH st.mp every time with no trouble. Just doing a raw cr.hp is messing me up unless Im spaced way out.

Danke kind sirs.

Last edited:

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs

Thanks much.

1) does CC st.hp into dash cr.hp not combo any more or am I so out of practice I cant make this work? If not, whats the followup off CC st.hp now?

2)the cr.hp x l.headbutt cr.hp x fireball etc etc combo, is there a specific trick to the timing? I keep landing behind the dummy in training mode unless I space it out quite a lot, and it looks like in Rushdown's video he made for me a while ago, that's not necessary. It seems like if I delay the l.headbutt as long as I can and get the second cr.hp out immediately it lands, but wasnt sure if you all had a trick or any tips on the timing for the sake of consistency. Quick edit, I can nail it after a CH st.mp every time with no trouble. Just doing a raw cr.hp is messing me up unless Im spaced way out.

Danke kind sirs.
Happy to help but please take everything I say here with a grain of salt as I’m just an ultra gold who only dabbles in some Urien and nowhere near as good a resource for that character as the man, the myth, the legend, FL Bumdown. That being said:

1) st.hp has to be charged for at least like half a second for a cr.hp follow-up to connect now. If you don’t charge it, I believe the best follow-up is cr.mp>cr.lp>ender.

2) I thought it was more spacing dependent than timing dependent but could be wrong if it didn’t look spaced any differently in one of Rushdown’s vids. Urien definitely seems to have some really tricky timing on a lot of his side-switch setups so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the same with these.

Thanks much.

Danke kind sirs.
1. It only combos if it’s charged st hp now, you can do point blank cc uncharged into walk up cr hp though. If you’re far the combo is dash cr mp, cr lp x hp headbutt.

2. The trick is making the combo space it or knowing which characters it doesn’t have to be spaced on. It’ll always be possible but its significantly easier in some situations. Vs big bodies it’s free, if you combo into it off counter hit mediums it’s free, and with certain stun setups it’s free. If it’s pointblank on small bodies it’s just timing it, if you end up behind them you did the second cr hp too early, in front but whiff and it was too late.

EntropicByDesign

Might play some this morning.. hour and a half or two from now. If anyone wants to annihilate me, hit me up. Want to try to get back in to the game a little.

EntropicByDesign

I played a tiny set this morning as Urien.

I swear to God I tried to IAD at on point.

Christ I am rusty, and add that to the fact I was really bad to begin with, and you've got a shit show on your hands.

Ft3 with the last game spoiled by a huge lagg spike that made us both give up in the first round. I did reasonably enjoy myself though.