What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Is Blanka out? I've always wanted to try Blanka in an SF game but I haven't kept up to date with this game for ages so I'm not sure of the DLC situation.

Well. I’m a fraud. Got bopped at my first offline event. Back to the drawing board.
Not to worry mate, most people get mopped at their first offline event. As long as you learn from it and improve. Was it nerves or were you trying one too many online tactics? Or was it just straight up outplayed? Don't leave us hanging, give is the details! ;D

Is Blanka out? I've always wanted to try Blanka in an SF game but I haven't kept up to date with this game for ages so I'm not sure of the DLC situation.

Not to worry mate, most people get mopped at their first offline event. As long as you learn from it and improve. Was it nerves or were you trying one too many online tactics? Or was it just straight up outplayed? Don't leave us hanging, give is the details! ;D
Nerves for sure. I couldn’t do what I wanted at all. I noticed during matches I wasn’t even watching meters and I missed a ton of punishes, I lost a game cause I couldn’t punish a wakeup ca I read, shit like that.

Also I guess you could still say outplayed, cause the people I lost to were still better than me, but they beat me worse than they should’ve imo.

Well. I’m a fraud. Got bopped at my first offline event. Back to the drawing board.
Nerves for sure. I couldn’t do what I wanted at all. I noticed during matches I wasn’t even watching meters and I missed a ton of punishes, I lost a game cause I couldn’t punish a wakeup ca I read, shit like that.
i even baited a flash kick from this guile and punished with uncharged st hk lol. Just silly shit.
All this^ is clearly nerves bro. Not trying to make you feel better but when you miss punishes, punish with wrong moves or buttons,etc. means stage fright. It's a matter of losing those nerves, you'll definetely do better the more you get used to offline.

Ida lost those sets anyway lol. I ran into squall and du. But yeah I’d have rather lost at full strength.
Wether you would or not have lost anyways (yea 99.9% of players would lose to them too lol) still like you say you'd for sure would do better had you punished accordingly. Regardless of that just facing those guys is a merit itself. Do you have any footage of this event?

Even Karin?
My precious perfect beautiful angel from heaven thanks you for acknowledging she is no longer part of the qwerty dirty top tier anymore but rather somewhere right in the middle. Some even or losing matchups in s2 are now worse like Kolin, Rashid, F.A.N.G, Chun, Abigail, and Ed, and once winning mus are now even or losing like Alex, Cammy, and my PPBAH herself. She possibly loses to Blanka.

Though I beg of you to not base your s3 opinions of the poor performances or main changes altogether of those like Punk and Mago, my guess is between punk paying more attention to other characters he's grown weaker with My PPBAH. She still plays sfv just fine.

Opinions on a secondary are welcomed. I'm between Rashid, Kolin, Akuma, and Guile. Yes Guile. Unlike b spazzy I will shower you with tokido- style methodical gameplay I now think hes capable of.

Last edited:
I did catch the tail end of your match with du actually. Maybe it was the adjustment to the offline environment but I wanted you to get in there and mix the shit out of du. Your defense was good I saw some clutch wiff punishes, you needed to put yourself in more advantageous situations and up the offense a few notches imo

I did catch the tail end of your match with du actually. Maybe it was the adjustment to the offline environment but I wanted you to get in there and mix the shit out of du. Your defense was good I saw some clutch wiff punishes, you needed to put yourself in more advantageous situations and up the offense a few notches imo
I’d still have lost, but the adjustment to offline was bigger than I thought it’d be. My biggest mistake was bringing a friend that didn’t play, I didn’t play any casuals cause I didn’t wanna just abandon him. In hindsight having a former world champion be literally the 6th person you’ve ever played offline was a bad idea.

It was really cool though, especially when du came up and said he knew I was “some kind of tech monster” I’m trying to give him the murderface and inside I’m doing the senpai noticed me. I’m just glad that in the last year since I started playing seriously to improve I went from gold online guy, to playing in a top 8 vs a former world champ. Idc that it was a small tourney and idc that I got murdered. That’s a bigger improvement than I could’ve/would’ve expected or dreamt.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
My precious perfect beautiful angel from heaven thanks you for acknowledging she is no longer part of the qwerty dirty top tier anymore but rather somewhere right in the middle. Some even or losing matchups in s2 are now worse like Kolin, Rashid, F.A.N.G, Chun, Abigail, and Ed, and once winning mus are now even or losing like Alex, Cammy, and my PPBAH herself. She possibly loses to Blanka.

Though I beg of you to not base your s3 opinions of the poor performances or main changes altogether of those like Punk and Mago, my guess is between punk paying more attention to other characters he's grown weaker with My PPBAH. She still plays sfv just fine.

Opinions on a secondary are welcomed. I'm between Rashid, Kolin, Akuma, and Guile. Yes Guile. Unlike b spazzy I will shower you with tokido- style methodical gameplay I now think hes capable of.
lol I actually meant from Season 2 when Infiltration was going through a character crisis after the Nash nerfs. They quoted saying "Infiltration make any character look GDLK." But when he played Karin he wasn't actually really good with her. Might also have to do with he didn't feel connected to the character lol. This was before he went hard on Juri in season two.

I'm not sure what Karin is at this season though lol. But I'm sure you would know more than me!

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I’d still have lost, but the adjustment to offline was bigger than I thought it’d be. My biggest mistake was bringing a friend that didn’t play, I didn’t play any casuals cause I didn’t wanna just abandon him. In hindsight having a former world champion be literally the 6th person you’ve ever played offline was a bad idea.

It was really cool though, especially when du came up and said he knew I was “some kind of tech monster” I’m trying to give him the murderface and inside I’m doing the senpai noticed me. I’m just glad that in the last year since I started playing seriously to improve I went from gold online guy, to playing in a top 8 vs a former world champ. Idc that it was a small tourney and idc that I got murdered. That’s a bigger improvement than I could’ve/would’ve expected or dreamt.
SFV does not deserve this upbeat positive attitude

Marvel has had more entrants and viewers than any other fighter in the past events except for SFV and dbz, yet "MAHVEL" is the "ded" game? Lmao. Some people just can't hide the Capcom hate I'm sorry. And even before all this marvel hate started mr.wizard showed signs of not wanting it to be at evo, given proof of how mvci was watched more than other games like inj2 tekken etc. his lame ass excuse was "oh, I guess I streamed it when it was beginning" or some shit like that. But I do agree, seems like both CAPCOM and or marvel are doing a terrible job with the game. They're not helping it, way too quiet.

Last edited: