What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
https://fullmeter.com/fatonline/#/framedata/Juri

Ok, so, why does Juri have several moves listed with more than one number on block? St.mk makes sense.. its a two hit normal but the others arent. Is this some kind of range thing? Not a VT thing I dont think.. other characters have triggers that effect move data and none of them are listed that way.. Just a big damn difference in +2 and -1 on that st.mp.. id like to understand what Im looking at here. Toolassisted'd frame data is listed the same way,.
Normals get worse block adv when you chain into them during trigger. No ones DP'd through it for 2 seasons anyway so I guess it isn't worth changing

I really can't figure this game out at all. I managed to get to super silver some how with ken and now im using akuma and i cant do shit. Ive literally dropped 700 lp or so because I can't figure out what to do. Its like everything is happening too fast for me.
It's just patience and more training bro.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
dont worry, the meta is not difficult to understand and to execute!
assuming you have solid fighting game fundamentals in the first place, in sf5 u generally want a (hard) knockdown on your opponents (footsies should be your default strategy).
then these should be your main options:
frametraps
throws
shimmys
u have to read/bait your opponents to sucessfully apply your main options on them.
thats pretty much it!
Yeah I understand all of that, but it feels like putting it together in a real match is really hard for some reason. But my main issue seems to be my neutral game in this. I got sone advice from a friend of mine anyway so im gonna try and apply that to see if i can do better

Yeah I understand all of that, but it feels like putting it together in a real match is really hard for some reason. But my main issue seems to be my neutral game in this. I got sone advice from a friend of mine anyway so im gonna try and apply that to see if i can do better
post here a gameplay video from u

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
How is Nash looking in s3?
My honest opinion so far still the same. Only real changes is the neutral game is better for all the cast and his V trigger sets up new combo potential for him. But you can be thrown out of it if the opponent reads correctly and it's 3 bars. It would be better if it was 2 bars.

With certain characters nerf he has more on the same league as him. But I would put him mid or low mid.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
With certain characters nerf he has more on the same league as him. But I would put him mid or low mid.
So I just heard of this new changes, and since you were talkin' I Am an old Nash/Charlie fan, since the Alpha days. Picked him up, when the game was out, and he was really good as far as I remember.

Tell me Lin, do you main this character, dose he still have the tools, to stand against the TOP, or Am I going to be playing another masochist character, like HatTrick KL here ?

Linkuei82

So I just heard of this new changes, and since you were talkin' I Am an old Nash/Charlie fan, since the Alpha days. Picked him up, when the game was out, and he was really good as far as I remember.

Tell me Lin, do you main this character, dose he still have the tools, to stand against the TOP, or Am I going to be playing another masochist character, like HatTrick KL here ?
Oh no doubt he was much better in the first season and he did get some good buffs in the second. I think if they gave some of his tools back from first season (and damage) he would still be Mid though. He was never top tier in the first season he was just mid or high mid.

I do play him along with others and never dropped him. I just would put him mid/low-mid. Neutral game is better but everyone got that. And he got a new V-trigger for combo potential that's it.

Granted, I think everyone in this game can be valuable. I don't believe there any match ups worse then 6-4 and the game is pretty balance.

If you like and enjoy the character keep playing him. I do. There no terrible bad matchup in this game like in the older NRS games.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Oh no doubt he was much better in the first season and he did get some good buffs in the second. I think if they gave some of his tools back from first season (and damage) he would still be Mid though. He was never top tier in the first season he was just mid or high mid.

I do play him along with others and never dropped him. I just would put him mid/low-mid. Neutral game is better but everyone got that. And he got a new V-trigger for combo potential that's it.

Granted, I think everyone in this game can be valuable. I don't believe there any match ups worse then 6-4 and the game is pretty balance.

If you like and enjoy the character keep playing him. I do. There no terrible bad matchup in this game like in the older NRS games.

Thank a lot for the feedback. Sounds not bad, at all. I'd have to remind my self, since I have not played the game since the beginning.

I Am lookin' to have as a buck up Guile, as I use to play him as well, back in the old days.

Thank a lot for the feedback. Sounds not bad, at all. I'd have to remind my self, since I have not played the game since the beginning.

I Am lookin' to have as a buck up Guile, as I use to play him as well, back in the old days.
You might as well just play guile. Nash brings pretty much nothing to the table that guile doesn’t already have a better version of.

Linkuei82

Yeah like @FL Rushdown if you are looking for a top tier, go for Guile. He a better version of Nash since the nerf in season two. But if you don't care for top tier and want mid and enjoy the character, stick with Nash and play Guile.

Linkuei82

Nash seems better than last version, I do know though that at least to me he's fun as hell to play.
That's why I still play him since season 1. He really fun to play along with all the other characters I practice with. I just like his style and he reminds me of Scar from my favorite anime series FMA lol.