What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
lets be honest. any bumdown could get any rank at this point with the new matchmaking. the real accomplishment? behold

who’s the king. feel free to let me know when all my haters hiding in their cupboards are #1 on the leaderboards with their character.
not gonna hate that is pretty sick.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
lets be honest. any bumdown could get any rank at this point with the new matchmaking. the real accomplishment? behold

who’s the king. feel free to let me know when all my haters hiding in their cupboards are #1 on the leaderboards with their character.
Good shit.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
https://fullmeter.com/fatonline/#/framedata/Juri

Ok, so, why does Juri have several moves listed with more than one number on block? St.mk makes sense.. its a two hit normal but the others arent. Is this some kind of range thing? Not a VT thing I dont think.. other characters have triggers that effect move data and none of them are listed that way.. Just a big damn difference in +2 and -1 on that st.mp.. id like to understand what Im looking at here. Toolassisted'd frame data is listed the same way,.

Karin, oh Karin. Fair (now), strong, fundamentally perfect.

Alas, your dirt- play is gone. Dirt-play that, per se, wasn't even that "dirty." You now stand dignified and clensed amongst this new filthy set play, 100% health with a bar and a v trigger, damage buffs for 2/3 Of the cast, rise of the mid-tier-machines we now call season 3. Every win is a feat, while some losses, cheap.

Rashid now joins our love sphere, which is now a triangle. We share a love so true we know when it is best to we walk away for a while, and it will be only for a while, but you still and always will be my perfect precious beautiful angel from heaven.

So Akumas f+hp is now -2 on block when it was +2 before, am I wrong in thinking this is a pretty big deal for akuma? Definetely gonna see this move used way less.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
I really can't figure this game out at all. I managed to get to super silver some how with ken and now im using akuma and i cant do shit. Ive literally dropped 700 lp or so because I can't figure out what to do. Its like everything is happening too fast for me.

I really can't figure this game out at all.
dont worry, the meta is not difficult to understand and to execute!
assuming you have solid fighting game fundamentals in the first place, in sf5 u generally want a (hard) knockdown on your opponents (footsies should be your default strategy).
then these should be your main options:
frametraps
throws
shimmys
u have to read/bait your opponents to sucessfully apply your main options on them.
thats pretty much it!

Last edited: