What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
You can use fight money to unlock them if you have enough. Vespercade was streaming and collecting FM all last week to do so for Season 3. He played Story normal hard, played characters trial, characters story etc. It's a grind though.
Ok good. At least u get the option to unlock them using FM. Honestly, dont know if im gonna invest my time grinding in this game.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
the theme of the balance change notes

no throw loops
less tick throws
buffed traditional aas/less jab
bufffed/nerfed jump ins not sure
less CC buttons reward
making medium buttons easier to punish
nerfed the explosive vtrigger characters (except abigail, menat)

whats missing? aside from tier placements, seems like they hit a lot of the targets with general gameplay gripes.

unneccesary buff was making Ken’s ex divekick plus again and unneccesary nerf was to kolins vskill

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Very excited about the Juri changes. If Sakura doesn't work out (I had high hopes for Zeku and didn't like him at all in the end) Juri is who I'm falling back to.

I'd start playing some now and just brush up on general Juri-ness, but Tekken has stolen my time.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Very excited about the Juri changes. If Sakura doesn't work out (I had high hopes for Zeku and didn't like him at all in the end) Juri is who I'm falling back to.

I'd start playing some now and just brush up on general Juri-ness, but Tekken has stolen my time.
Honestly, wait till AE man ;)

SpineRip

Noob
Ok good. At least u get the option to unlock them using FM. Honestly, dont know if im gonna invest my time grinding in this game.
From what I understand it's going to be harder to earn FM in AE than it is right now, so if you don't want to pay for characters, it would be better to grind now while the getting is good.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
From what I understand it's going to be harder to earn FM in AE than it is right now, so if you don't want to pay for characters, it would be better to grind now while the getting is good.
Hmmmm....i heard the opposite but i guess the way to earn fight money is gonna be more sparse NOW in AE, but the FM will be more when you do the ways to earn FM in AE from what i understand. I dunno, everything is up in the air. All i need to do is the story mode on the hardest difficulty cuz i damn sure am NOT doing those fucking Survival modes shit for anymore characters. That mode can lick my asshole.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I'll just buy whatever I want.. I don't mean to sound like a prick, and I totally understand that money isn't something everyone has, but I'm as poor as the next man (typical poverty line $/hr) but I can always find a few bucks here and there and throwing 50-60$ dollars a year at a game that gives me hundreds if not thousands of hours of play time is still the cheapest hobby I've ever found.

I used to mess around with RC trucks/cars, the high-end stuff. You want an expensive fucking hobby? Jesus. I had an electric truck (nitro is shit, electrics have surpassed it in every way) that had over 2000$ into the build. Any time those RC trucks and shit see the light of day you're going to cost yourself 20-40$. That's what got me out of the hobby. Fun fact, I have a weird YouTube video I made reviewing a little mini-rc truck called a Teton, that got like 40k views which isn't bad. One internet point to any poor bastard that finds it and sits through it. It was made as a general experiment.

SpineRip

Noob

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
The end of throw loops means there's less mixes, now you'll have to use more of your neutral and skill to open people up which makes it a more skill to win game, this is awesome imo.
I agree. Looks like they are getting rid of mix-ups and 50/50's and it's going to be more footsies and nuetral meta now.

WHAT IS ABIGAIL HOLY MOLY

Crouching LP:
  • Reduced the startup from 6F to 5F
  • Increased amount of attack active frames from 2F to 3F
Jumping MK:
  • Expanded the hitbox
  • Increased the active frames from 3F to 5F
V-Trigger: Extended the V-Timer effect time

Last edited: