What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

ok the day i consider guile doing a boom a highlight worthy of posting you let me know champ meanwhile
I’ve seen you post many videos of you beating people with sonic boom/flash kick lol. You even post vids of super easy loops and shit then tell me I can’t do them. Then it takes me 10 whole minutes to learn the inputs.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
p sure almost all his clips were of him beating people with udk on oki which is way more worthy of our attention bc of how garbage that normal is duh lol

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I’ve seen you post many videos of you beating people with sonic boom/flash kick lol. You even post vids of super easy loops and shit then tell me I can’t do them. Then it takes me 10 whole minutes to learn the inputs.
settle down champ its not a big deal. go get your binky and blankey to put youre head in the cover you’ll feel better

The quest for ultra silver: Part Deux
(a rushdown/b shazzy joint)

Day 2 was mildly uneventful. Bodied asap rabito and took all his points and shit, then lost to a vega. Had to work late and work early tomorrow so shutting it down now after a short session. We’re up about 500 more lp and are at aprox 1k to goal.

Rushdown out.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Life's too busy to learn tekken.
You are probably right, but Tekken is one of the most satisfying and interesting games I've ever played. Coming from a purely 2d background the look of the game took some getting used to, the way characters juggle and are hit, and bounce and move and so on.. initially the visual language of the game seemed off and weird, but it eventually clicked, and when I got to grips with the game play itself, and started to understand the general ebb and flow, I was blown away.

The game has it's own pallette of bullshit of course, and it can be hugely frustrating but games in Tekken has this wonderful texture to them, it's such an incredibly dense game that a good match is as good as a FG gets imo. In tekken frame data, like any fighter, is enormously important but you aren't a slave to it.. there is SO much more room to purely and completely out-think your opponent. Tekken has a lot going for it. It's the most balanced FG on the planet too.

That said though, it's not better than SF (or inj). It's just different. SF is scalpel sharp and precise with amazing feedback and feel of it's own and I am absolutely thrilled to come back when AE drops.

But Tekken is a HUGE legacy game.. shit from Tekken 1 still works lol, so to a degree, hours spend learning it will almost always have some value.. that's how I rationalize the tremendous time commitment involved.