What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Yoooooo the new Steven Spielberg film "Ready Player One' has Ryu and Chun Li in the trailer lol.
Ryu is scene walking on the left side at 43 seconds and Chun is seen running next to a girl from Overwatch(?) on the right at 2 mins and 5 seconds lol.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Has there been any word or demonstration on how they are removing throw loops which I'm guessing also implya corner throw loops as well? Pushback? Cool down period?
they showed it in the arcade mode demo. Ken had a lot of pushback after a throw in the corner. Is this only in arcade mode? who knows cause it was in the sf2 arcade mode and there is alot of pushback on corner throws in that game. havnt seen any footage of this in vs mode for ae yet.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Happy for everyone who got a character they were hoping for. Nothing special for me. Probably for the best :)

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Has there been any word or demonstration on how they are removing throw loops which I'm guessing also implya corner throw loops as well? Pushback? Cool down period?
Capcom 'demonstrate' lol
They'll be removed by decreasing the knockdown advantage/adding more pushback. The only remaining throw loop I have read about is V-trigger Necalli backthrow

I first met Karin on a cold, foggy night in the Underground Arena. I was on a business trip in Russia and, after an 8 hour conference call until 1 o'clock in the morning, I found myself restless and lonely in my hotel room. Not tired, I buttoned up my Armani cufflinks and changed my dress pants which I had spilled coffee on earlier while trying to transfer conference calls and simultaneously get my first sip of coffee in before I was forced to stare at a woman telling me about "the dangers of straw buyers in the market" for 8 hours. Stupid. I swigged a double-shot of fine Russian vodka, grabbed my coat, and headded out.

Funny thing about Russia is, as dead and boring as it is during the day, the night life is alive with gregarious club goers and loud pulsing music. As I entered the club; smoke, music, and lasers filled the air- all you could see were shadows of flairing arms and hands bouncing to the techno music. Packed. I could barely see the bar which was directly next to the dancefloor on the ground level as it was flooded with thirsty ravers glowing under blacklight. I happened to glance up at the 2nd floor balcony- the bar is virtually empty. "Hm, maybe I can grab a drink there."

As I walked up the stairs I saw a skinny woman with short, black hair barely reaching her ears wearing only a blue and white sports bra and Jean shorts and tending the bar. Her body was decorated with glow paint which was vivid under the black light. I was about to approach the bartender when I happened to glance over my left to the VIP area when I saw her- Karin.

"Has she been looking at me this whole time?" I thought. She sat alone residing in the VIP lounge illustrating the confidence of a lioness claiming her territory. She was dressed in a fitted black suit jacket with red lace along the edges of the collar and sleek black trousers. Her golden European curled locks rested on one shoulder which almost luminated in contrast to her black suit jacket. She kept her body in perfect stoic position as she reached for her dry martini lying on the cocktail table- legs crossed, arms laid flat along the empty head rest of the couch perpendicular to her shoulders- all while glaring at me like a huntress ready to make the kill.

Our eyes locked in temptation. I had completely forgotten about my mission to continue my tipsy.

"HIYAHHH!!!!" ***BANG****

That was the last thing I remember. A beautiful face and a blow to my head. I lie unconscious on the alcohol soaked club floor.

****TO BE CONTINUED

Last edited:
Question

Has it always been a known thing for charge characters that wiffing b/d normals still charges specials?

For example guile's v trigger combo. Vtrigger > wiff knee > ca

Does this apply to all charge chars that they're able to wiff normals and still charge specials?

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Wasn't 100% aware but that's what I figured Chun, Guile players and whoever else relies on charge were doing when they would sit there cornering their opponent just whiffing d.l/m/h's

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Question

Has it always been a known thing for charge characters that wiffing b/d normals still charges specials?

For example guile's v trigger combo. Vtrigger > wiff knee > ca

Does this apply to all charge chars that they're able to wiff normals and still charge specials?
Of course it still holds the charge. As long as you are holding the direction. It doesn't really matter what buttons you are pressing. There is something else called charge partitioning, which basically allows you to release the direction for a split second while still holding the charge. I'm not sure how that works in V though...

What do you guys think are the top 5 normals in the game?
Probably in terms of the damage you can net off of it, CC, range, frame advantage, special cancellable.
@New York Pizza @EntropicByDesign @Linkuei82 @FL Rushdown @ILuvFightGames
I agree with the above answers, I'd like to add that I believe cammy's st.Mk is really good imo. It's range is really good for pokes, it's an 8frame normal, and safe on block. I came with this reasoning not only by the frames data but by what I've seen at the highest level of play with this character.

I agree with the above answers, I'd like to add that I believe cammy's st.Mk is really good imo. It's range is really good for pokes, it's an 8frame normal, and safe on block. I came with this reasoning not only by the frames data but by what I've seen at the highest level of play with this character.
It's a solid poke, for sure, but it doesn't lead to death.

I'm not sure how you though charge character combos worked if they couldn't charge while pressing buttons lol
In terms of combos and cancelling normals into charged specials yeah, but on wiff I wanted to hear it from someone who knows sf to confirm that specials still charge and are not nullified by wiffing accross the board- pretty much where my head was at