What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

wow myles i for one am hella impressed if i say so myself. i love watching your setups buddy reminds me of a young xian if i do say you should post more often

amazing music and is that a diamond rank i spy with my little eye? you little minx you myles
Lol. I honestly akways thought Myles was a good player, but being a diamond just confirmed it. I tried ibuki for a little bit but her learning curve was just too high for my level.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
If you time everything right you can choose to walk under or not. If you hold forward after the f mp you cross under and if you just tap fwd it makes you move but stay in front. Doguras one with the jump is a little tricky but just stick with it and you'll get the timing down. There are some auto timed ones too that might be easier for you, but they're a little bit more limited with when you can use them.
Perfect, thanks! That's what I originally wrote but then I edited it because I thought it had more to do with when I let the fireball go when I tried labbing it. Glad I asked lol.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
When AE drops, I'll most def get back into this game. But ?Question?

I believe the AE update is free right? But does it come with all the characters unlocked, or do you have to buy them? I literally have nobody besides the core cast lol

Nobus3r1

House of Bane; ID: 8V596
So did people find tech against laura or something? I remember with the s2 changes a lot of people were calling her top 3
I would say that those calls were a tad premature. She's certainly better (considering she basically got nothing but buffs from S1 to S2) but top 3 is a bit of a stretch. She also lost one of her key setups in S2.5 so there's that to consider as well. Lastly, I would say that she would be one of the characters most harmed if Capcom ever updates to the current version of the Unreal engine as a lot of what you see even top Laura players doing (see also: getting away with) isn't real.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
well well welll would u look at that guise

only took me 2 months to do more than what mr gdlkhimsel noneedtoalk aka apparently #1 guile/ bumdowns boyfriend did in like 6 months.

hmmm but thats none of my business

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I mean SFV ranked is leagues above a game like Inj 2 where Ranked super doesnt matter. It has its faults but ultimately if they reset ranked, add more ranks, smarter matchmaking so bums cant get their 1 win at risk reward ratio of 100:1, and fix the netcode so there’s more variety of competition at people’s levels vs the regional-only 5 bar same people everyday connections. That would be buff to be able to play 4-5 bars without fear.

That leaker is hit and miss most of the time and whatever happens to stick he takes credit for and nobody remembers every other time he was wrong. Either way I’m optimistic for AE because there’s so much good leaker news coming out. I dont know if you guys saw this:

“So if you want to quickly disregard that I have sources or what I am about to say, at least take what I am saying into consideration before you quickly doubt it. I have multiple sources and for multiple things and developers, so if you're wondering how I am knowledgeable of these things, I cannot quite get into that, but what I do allows me to have these contacts. I will split this into sections by company.

CAPCOM:

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition:

Season 3 characters include Sagat, Sakura, Cody, Sodom, 2 newcomers (I heard 2 Final Fight newcomers from one source, but Roxy and a Shadaloo Doll from another)

There will also be free characters added as part of the update, which are Crimson Viper, Q, Necro, and Oro.

Critical Arts were supposed to be added upon its launch, but I am hearing they are probably saving it for later. Color Edit Mode is something I was told that's going to be a new feature added. Those concerned with input lag, those fixes will most likely not be added until Season 4 or around halfway in to 3 to implement. If you did not know, Unreal Engine 4 only recently put out the update, and it requires quite some time to fix. It would take somewhere around half a year (maybe more) to both port and then debug everything. The backporting is not the hard part, it's debugging that is so time consuming. The same thing applies to other fighting games that currently use it and have issues with it like Tekken 7, and even Dragon Ball FighterZ, and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite are included having it and needing updated, but will take time to do. The whole process takes time.”