Street Fighter V General Discussion

Discussion in 'Street Fighter' started by Rickyraws, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Send me an invite when your back on. Cfn=Inferno157

Scoot Magee likes this.
  2. LiangHuBBB

LiangHuBBB Noob

3. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
    I was expecting a funnier video based on the comments comparing him to gahndi but that was actually just a decent ryu lol.

EntropicByDesign likes this.
  4. EntropicByDesign

EntropicByDesign Confused and afraid.

Sigh. Every time I sit down and try to make time, something new falls from the sky. When I do have time, no one else does, cause its at the weirdest fucking times.

jhsbgd764 gr08uh iuhr figubfx

5. Damn that Ryu is good.

6. Anybody want games?

7. Can anyone tell me what exactly made ryu bad or low tier in season 2? Was it his damage nerf and the removal of his invincible m.p anti air dp?

8. KCJ506

KCJ506 Noob

Need some help with Ryu's vol 1 trial 10.

Now I know that after you do the CC, you need to walk forward a bit, however I can never get the axe kick to land after activating the V-trigger. Ryu always blocks it. Is the timing pretty strict on this one?

9. EntropicByDesign

Fireball nerfs hurt him too. And I feel stupid because I was one of the morons leading the charge on them being nerfed, but realize my mistake now.

He also lost pressure off his throw, which is a huge deal for him.

Linkuei82 and ILuvFightGames like this.
  10. EntropicByDesign

Also probably gonna be up all night. Of anyone wants games here in an hour or so. I am genuinely trying to git gud.

11. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
    Biggest nerfs to ryu were the throw loops and the st lk nerf. St lk got reverted but midscreen his pressure is a joke at this point. You have almost no reason to ever take a risk vs him cause his throws aren't threatening which wouldn't be that huge of a deal if his frame traps WERE. Ryu should at the very least be 0 after a dash up after a throw, but he's like -10.

Go in the lab and check what the other shotos get off a counter hit and then check ryu and weep.

Scoot Magee and ILuvFightGames like this.
  12. B. Shazzy

B. Shazzy Retired Best Batman
    Premium Supporter

guise sfv just does it for me. scratches that itch you cant reach playing trash like nrs games you know what im saying guyth. that footsies itch. were you lose because someone actually knos how to play fgs. i wish you gize could experience the mind games and fundamentals up all the way at the highest level, like me. sigh.

lul anyway here's ft5 with Valle's crispy af Abigail

13. NaCl man

NaCl man Mishima boiz

PSN:
    NaClman82
    XBL:
    NaCl man82
    i know what you mean. Its the same for me but sfv to tekken.

14. Scoot Magee

Scoot Magee But I didn't want to dash

I like SFV but not everything about it. Why does Ryu have to be so bad? His shimmy game is only good in the corner. Even then sometimes my damn st rh start up frames push me into what should have been a whiffed throw attempt. Lol that shit really pisses me off.

15. Linkuei82

Linkuei82 Live by the sword, Die by the sword
    Premium Supporter

Try to cancel in V-trigger as fast as you can and hold forward during that time. As soon as you see Ryu move towards, immediately go for the axe kick.

16. Johnny Based Cage

Johnny Based Cage Day 10 Mediocre Darkseid Player
    Premium Supporter

Funny, I know this is nothing more than a troll account but here's my review of the video anyway:

1/10: would not watch again and turned off after 1st match, expected at least some footsies but got none whatsoever, saw nothing but obnoxiously oppressive corner pressure, go back to NRS games.

17. Is anyone watching Japan cup? That Dogura vs tahira match was dope. Omg that fang is more than incredible.

18. B. Shazzy

B. Shazzy Retired Best Batman
    Premium Supporter

master rank Ryu Otani is 12 years old lul meanwhile bumdown cant even get out of gold what is he doing with his life

19. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
    A) I'm silver, we've been over this.

B) As someone whose played guitar for almost 20 years I'm ok with watching small asians be better than I ever will be, look up sungha jung.

C) I don't see a master rank by your name either.

20. Scott The Scot

Scott The Scot Where there is smoke, there is cancer.

Ayy I always get very excited when I see somebody else who knows Sungha, but then again I forget how popular he is now ahaha.

21. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
    I been watching him for years. A buddy of mine I used to play with is big on fingerstyle and he kept trying to play sunghas arrangement of I'm yours by Jason mraz. Looked really cool so I asked him where he got the tabs. He said a 12 year old Korean. Been watching since. Takes me like a month to learn a song that dude transposes in an hour lol.

Scott The Scot likes this.
  22. Scott The Scot

Scott The Scot Where there is smoke, there is cancer.

Same here man, I remember years ago I saw Sungha release a video of him playing Pirates Of The Caribbean and I just had to learn it lol. After spending months just listening and tryign to duplicate the song I had finally done it (first song on Guitar, not recommended for noobs lmao). After that I heard him playing Classical Gas and of course you absolutely cannot know about that song and not come across Tommy Emmanuel and now I all I do is fingerstyle pieces. But yeah, Sungha is great - his arrangements are phenominal.

23. NHDR

NHDR Noob

Otani is 12? Really?? Anyway, thinking to invest in a cheap stick so I can piano Ed's flicker easily. I feel compelled to learn him to his potential. Good idea?

24. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
    If brolylegs can piano with his face on pad I'm sure you don't have to get a stick to do it.

EntropicByDesign likes this.
  25. NHDR

NHDR Noob

Nah man, I've tried. I honestly can't see any way where I could somehow change my methods to make it work on a pad. At the end of the day, not all pads and sticks work the same for all people, anyway.