What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

can anybody tell me how plus u are from when doing moves that are negative but if u space it out it can be made plus ?

I don't think you can make a move that is negative on block ever be plus. Maybe you can make it safer if spaced right because of the pushback etc. but at the least you'll lose your turn.

I don't think you can make a move that is negative on block ever be plus. Maybe you can make it safer if spaced right because of the pushback etc. but at the least you'll lose your turn.
Not true. Depends on how many active frames a move has. If a move is -7 and has 9active frames you could make it +1 by hitting on the last active frame. You basically make the move 1 frame more plus for every active frame after the 1st one that you hit on.

Not true. Depends on how many active frames a move has. If a move is -7 and has 9active frames you could make it +1 by hitting on the last active frame. You basically make the move 1 frame more plus for every active frame after the 1st one that you hit on.
Ah ok I see. But then you'd have to space it perfectly and also time it perfectly so bad idea anyways right?

So which of Akumas kanji should I have on my hitbox. Got a buddy doing artwork and I'm not sure which one I want. Let the people decide.

Not sure if I want Ten(heaven), Messatsu(annihalation/obliteration), or shinjin(godlike being) from his cvs2 shin akuma days.

Might go full weeb and get the whole shun goku Satsu though.

So which of Akumas kanji should I have on my hitbox. Got a buddy doing artwork and I'm not sure which one I want. Let the people decide.

Not sure if I want Ten(heaven), Messatsu(annihalation/obliteration), or shinjin(godlike being) from his cvs2 shin akuma days.

Might go full weeb and get the whole shun goku Satsu though.
Couldn't find the difference between messatsu and shinjin kanjis. Is the shun goku satsu when he's facing back after the raging demon?

Couldn't find the difference between messatsu and shinjin kanjis. Is the shun goku satsu when he's facing back after the raging demon?
Nah shinjin is his sfv and cvs2 kanji that appear after demon. Messatsu is just something he says to people after he demons them(that or metsu which is evil ryus kanji when he demons people). The shun goku satsu is just the raging demons actual name. It's loosely translated to instant/flash prison murder.

Nah shinjin is his sfv and cvs2 kanji that appear after demon. Messatsu is just something he says to people after he demons them(that or metsu which is evil ryus kanji when he demons people). The shun goku satsu is just the raging demons actual name. It's loosely translated to instant/flash prison murder.
Between shinjin and ten I like 10 more. Also Akumas demon flip slide and palm are safe on block? +1?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Man I don't just play Urien lol. I probably use more characters in sets than anyone else here lol.
Man we not counting those day 3 characters. If someone asked me "who does rushdown play?", I'd say "Urien but sometimes he plays Akuma". No way am I saying Laura, zangief, or anyone else.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
What changes do you guys think made him worse in season 2?
First of all, I never thought season 1 Nash was as good as some people claimed. While Infiltration was very successful last year, he struggled after winning Evolution because players had obtained a far better understanding of Nash's offensive and defensive game plan. If my memory serves me correctly on all the major season 1 to season 2 changes, overall input delay was reduced from eight to six frames, which used to favor Nash's dashing game. Speaking of dashes, forward dash is slightly slower on start up. Back dash covers less distance. V-Reversal covers slightly less distance. V-Trigger was slightly slowed down. Moonsault slashes were slightly slowed down. MK scythe went from -8 to -10 on block. Forward and back throw leave the opponent farther away limiting guaranteed follow ups. Judgement Saber does slightly less damage. Nash did gain a couple of buffs but nothing to compensate for the losses.

What would you buff him with in the next patch?
I will let Capcom worry about the buffs. The "Nash is meant to be an offensive character while Guile is meant to be a defensive character" gameplay design makes no sense to me when Guile has superior offensive options than Nash does. Guile has better throw loops, an upside down kick that punishes throw attempts, and a V-Trigger that can be utilized offensively as well as defensively. Guile also has access to a fast fully invincible EX attack.

First of all, I never thought season 1 Nash was as good as some people claimed. While Infiltration was very successful last year, he struggled after winning Evolution because players had obtained a far better understanding of Nash's offensive and defensive game plan. If my memory serves me correctly on all the major season 1 to season 2 changes, overall input delay was reduced from eight to six frames, which used to favor Nash's dashing game. Speaking of dashes, forward dash is slightly slower on start up. Back dash covers less distance. V-Reversal covers slightly less distance. V-Trigger was slightly slowed down. Moonsault slashes were slightly slowed down. MK scythe went from -8 to -10 on block. Forward and back throw leave the opponent farther away limiting guaranteed follow ups. Judgement Saber does slightly less damage. Nash did gain a couple of buffs but nothing to compensate for the losses.

I will let Capcom worry about the buffs. The "Nash is meant to be an offensive character while Guile is meant to be a defensive character" gameplay design makes no sense to me when Guile has superior offensive options than Nash does. Guile has better throw loops, an upside down kick that punishes throw attempts, and a V-Trigger that can be utilized offensively as well as defensively. Guile also has access to a fast fully invincible EX attack.
Nice input thanks. I agree 100% with you on the guile comparison.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter

Nash also lost frame 2 invincibility on his V trigger. It's a shame because that was quite a unique tool, given that almost every other invincible (or armored) move became invincible on frame 1 or 3. It was situational but nice to have and unique.

In line with your comments on Guile actually being more offensive, I also think it's dumb that Guile's bazooka knee can be plus on block while Nash's cannot.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Maybe the balance changes aren't final due to the patch delay? I'd really like for Ryu to preform better against Baltard, Guile and Bison. I just wish they'd focus on his neutral instead of trying to give him offensive bs that only really useful in his V trigger.

Last edited: