What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

I guess I'm lucky I really suck and only play casual with my shit Internet, I get matchups every 20 seconds lol. I literally can't do more than 30 seconds in training mode without getting another fight. My settings is set to accept any bars.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
This game is flat out ruined by the netcode. Ill go up in ranked only to be beaten by a laggy ryu. Im done. Let me know when the netcode gets better.
Ive stopped playing ranked. Its home of the laggy bison players and because of the great match making i get to fight him 3 times in a row. Sweet. Ill wait it out till march to see if there are any improvements

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Ive stopped playing ranked. Its home of the laggy bison players and because of the great match making i get to fight him 3 times in a row. Sweet. Ill wait it out till march to see if there are any improvements
Yea I'll play with friends here and there but I am not gonna take this game very seriously until the netcode is fixed. Seriously its 2017 Capcom.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Agreed. That's a weird switch.. probably top 5ish Laura to probably bottom 5ish Ryu..

Of course it's almost certain that Ryu is going to get adjusted in the balance patch so it's probably a better move then it seems..

And @ILuvFightGames - if you have your connection set to any bars I don't doubt you get matches every few seconds, but how in the hell are they playable? Like I said, if I set mine to 3-5 bars, I have long waits and TERRIBLE connections. I can't imagine setting it to any connection strength.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
I set mine to 5 only and still get some bad ones. If it cant find 5 it will match you with whatever comes up. In saying that it has said 2 bars and the match is fine and then the next march will be 5 and its laggy af.

Agreed. That's a weird switch.. probably top 5ish Laura to probably bottom 5ish Ryu..

Of course it's almost certain that Ryu is going to get adjusted in the balance patch so it's probably a better move then it seems..

And @ILuvFightGames - if you have your connection set to any bars I don't doubt you get matches every few seconds, but how in the hell are they playable? Like I said, if I set mine to 3-5 bars, I have long waits and TERRIBLE connections. I can't imagine setting it to any connection strength.
They're actually very playable, I don't get too much lag but when I do I know it's on my side.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I ran into snake eyes akuma in ranked, which is basically tournament if you think about it, for the quick 2-0 free cheese but anyway I could only put together one of the matches for all my fans in this thread

and I went back to check snak eyes' inputs and he was mashing hella during my Guile loop round 3 lul

Last edited:

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I ran into snake eyes akuma in ranked for the quick 2-0 free cheese, which is basically tournament if you think about it, but anyway I could only put together one of the matches for all my fans in this thread

eat your heart out myles
Do you still play the peasants of this thread?

EntropicByDesign

Still at work =( prob getting off and driving to my sister's to crash for a couple hours before driving home, too tired to risk the interstate right now lol

EntropicByDesign

I usually sleep at 12ish pm but since my surgery my schedule is messed up and have been waking up around 10ish pm.
Gotcha. I work 3rds, 12hrs at a time but it's all sitting around and I sleep at work for a handful of hours every night, but I'm still to exhausted to do shit when I get off most of the time. The problem is that my schedule gives me three days off a week but they aren't ever back to back, like right now is technically my day off.. but I'm still at work. So I fluctuate from day to day, one day I'm up all night and one day I'm up all day, so if I want to try to have a life and enjoy a day off, I have to get off work, force myself to only sleep a handful.of hours and get back up.

That has a lot to do with why I don't play as much as I should I think. A lot of the time I'm just so damn tired I sit at my computer and can't muster the mental.energy to compete lol

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Gotcha. I work 3rds, 12hrs at a time but it's all sitting around and I sleep at work for a handful of hours every night, but I'm still to exhausted to do shit when I get off most of the time. The problem is that my schedule gives me three days off a week but they aren't ever back to back, like right now is technically my day off.. but I'm still at work. So I fluctuate from day to day, one day I'm up all night and one day I'm up all day, so if I want to try to have a life and enjoy a day off, I have to get off work, force myself to only sleep a handful.of hours and get back up.

That has a lot to do with why I don't play as much as I should I think. A lot of the time I'm just so damn tired I sit at my computer and can't muster the mental.energy to compete lol
Yeah I work 3rd shift also its very hard to have a normal life especially when it comes to family holiday stuff that is right in the middle of your usual sleeping schedule.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I feel sick when I use Juri in this game sometimes.

You lose the ground game to characters that outdamage you, have more health than you and then have mix-ups and setplay you dont. Everything is against you and even when your somehow winning it means they have V-trigger to hit you once and win anyway.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Yeah we will have to see what Storm Kubo does - he is an Alex player who made it to Japan's prestigious Topanga league. Maybe he will show us a good way to play him, but I personally don't really get it right now lol.

In terms of switching off Alex - it depends what you want to get from playing SFV. If you just want to have fun and improve your fundamentals I think continuing to play Alex is fine. If you want to win more (which is totally legit as well), I wouldn't recommend Birdie lol, he is decent but there are much easier characters to play. IMO Laura, Urien, and Balrog (in no particular order) are the easiest to get results with.
As an update to this - Storm Kubo has yet to win a set in Topanga lol. So far, sure seems like Alex is quite weak at high level.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/feb/10/6th-topanga-league-live-stream-feat-daigo-tokido-nemo-haitani-kazunoko-sako-fuudo-mago/