What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

@Diego de Souza Costa
The main thing I noticed was that you gave up space too easy especially when attempting to throw fireballs and avoiding Gief when he is jumping, you have to try fight for the space with using fireballs followed with the dashes into buttons/throws while trying to bait out typical Gief buttons like Lariat, s.hp etc.

Remember s.hp only has armor on upper body so it will lose to low attack and if you decide to block,
it is minus unless it is fully charged.
You need to pay attention to when his V-Gauge is full, especially when throwing fireballs. There was a lot of time where you were just doing them and got punished with Giefs trigger which has a long suction distance.

Giefs level 1 VTrigger, is not safe on block. I think it may be -5 since I have been thrown out of it. Anytime you get dragged in on block, you should be able to do some lights into special combo. Level 2 trigger is safe though (suction with 5 hits)

Lots of s.mk at max range is annoying for Gief because he cannot punish that as well as that step kick he does although this can get flexed.
You can sometimes do some moves to test what the player would do in neutral like EX tackle and some moves after it to try and steal turns.

If you have the life lead, make him come to you. You want him to play your game not the other way round.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Like yea, I need to jump less which is a given but even if I stopped jumping, I don't have a fucking clue how I'd get around the absurd range on Cr. HP

GG's @FL Rushdown so I know that I'm not great but that matchup feels awful. Like, your good buttons outrange mine, Alex is pretty free on knockdown and Akuma's Oki is fucking absurd.
Eh. I'd say it's probably a 5/5 matchup if not even a little in Alex's favor cause of the hp difference. You let me get away with a decent amount of frame traps that are pretty suspect and you anti air too infrequently for me to have to trade blows on the ground. In the corner when I'm pressuring yeah it's all me, but midscreen in the neutral or if the situation is reversed Alex has good options and the ability to kill akuma in about two hits so I can't say I think it's awful

CrazyFingers

Eh. I'd say it's probably a 5/5 matchup if not even a little in Alex's favor cause of the hp difference. You let me get away with a decent amount of frame traps that are pretty suspect and you anti air too infrequently for me to have to trade blows on the ground. In the corner when I'm pressuring yeah it's all me, but midscreen in the neutral or if the situation is reversed Alex has good options and the ability to kill akuma in about two hits so I can't say I think it's awful
Yea that's the one saving grace I can think of. You get hit and then I reset you. You get dizzied and then you're probably dead. I am just clueless on the frame data I guess.

Yea that's the one saving grace I can think of. You get hit and then I reset you. You get dizzied and then you're probably dead. I am just clueless on the frame data I guess.
Disclaimer first since I don't want you to take this the wrong way, I don't think you're bad and I'm good, just that you're new and I'm not. I consider most players skill to be based on their experience with how "good"/"bad" they are being more about how quick they learn/adapt and in extreme cases like top players how high their skill ceiling is.

That being said what you're describing is usually how I feel when I'm playing someone I think is "better" than me in the game. Even when I know or understand that our buttons are equal I just can't make them work. A good player uses superior timing and space control to make their buttons feel more overwhelming than they are. A great player like fuudo can make mikas neutral look incredible or someone like goichi can make chuns neutral look literally unstoppable. I don't think there's a big range difference between akuma and Alex's buttons(in fact I'd be pretty sure that aside from st mp all of Alex's buttons outrange akumas) but what happens is I put you in the corner where you can't control the distance and I can. It's subtle but important. I'm only saying it because I think knowing why you're losing is pretty important.

CrazyFingers

Disclaimer first since I don't want you to take this the wrong way, I don't think you're bad and I'm good, just that you're new and I'm not. I consider most players skill to be based on their experience with how "good"/"bad" they are being more about how quick they learn/adapt and in extreme cases like top players how high their skill ceiling is.

That being said what you're describing is usually how I feel when I'm playing someone I think is "better" than me in the game. Even when I know or understand that our buttons are equal I just can't make them work. A good player uses superior timing and space control to make their buttons feel more overwhelming than they are. A great player like fuudo can make mikas neutral look incredible or someone like goichi can make chuns neutral look literally unstoppable. I don't think there's a big range difference between akuma and Alex's buttons(in fact I'd be pretty sure that aside from st mp all of Alex's buttons outrange akumas) but what happens is I put you in the corner where you can't control the distance and I can. It's subtle but important. I'm only saying it because I think knowing why you're losing is pretty important.
yea I keep backing myself into the corner, i've noticed that, i don't make you earn it because I guess i am just terrified of Akuma considering how threatening of a presence he has on the screen. I'll probably need to buy him and lab the shit out of that matchup because right now all i know is that he has like 800 anti-airs and his oki is real good. Regardless i have fun with our games and I feel like it's not a COMPLETE mop when we play even tho i lose a lot.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'm sorry man i gotta feed the baby and then get some sleep lol. I promise we'll play more. It's not like it was a blowup. It was close af and fun.
Rushdown has no time for babies. He's trying to become a demon.

Is that Xian? I don't know who that Fang player is but damn he got skills.
Comments say that's xian and he streams using that tag. And on twitter @sgfighter is an esports dude (maybe company) in singapore. It's probably xian.

Sorry for the noob questions, but this is basically my first Street fighter, and I'm completely lost on where to start looking for this information.

Can anyone point me towards the right direction to learning combos for M. Bison? I found a website with a few of his BnBs but I think it's outdated. A few don't seem to connect at all. Also where do I find character frame data?

Reactions: GAV
Sorry for the noob questions, but this is basically my first Street fighter, and I'm completely lost on where to start looking for this information.

Can anyone point me towards the right direction to learning combos for M. Bison? I found a website with a few of his BnBs but I think it's outdated. A few don't seem to connect at all. Also where do I find character frame data?
You can get the FAT app (frame assistant tool) from appstore on iPhone or Google play store for android. I don't have it yet but many here say it's really useful. Also it's free.

DO you have a smart phone? Frame Assistant Tool (FAT) *lol* is the best available app imo for all frame data, links, move info, videos, ect.

DO you have a smart phone? Frame Assistant Tool (FAT) *lol* is the best available app imo for all frame data, links, move info, videos, ect.
You can get the FAT app (frame assistant tool) from appstore on iPhone or Google play store for android. I don't have it yet but many here say it's really useful. Also it's free.
Thanks guys. I'll give that app a shot.

Edit:

Holy shit this app is fucking amazing!

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Guys, this thread is full of great info and a healthy dose of trolling and funny guys. I just wanted to let you all know that and to shamelessly say that coming here for myles and shazzy posts is my guilty pleasure.

Last edited: