What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Juri seems functional now. Haven't read about any changes to her target combo or overhead

For the sake of thread entertainment we can't lose you. Your MO from the beginning has been to use the most auto-pilot top tier characters possible then justify their brokeness and tell everyone how hard they have it
Go online and play auto pilot ryu Myles. Lemme know how that works out for you.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
In that lIst scott got it says f+mk is -6 now and still gets CC'd by sweeps. That's not functional in my book.
Everyone knows she should combo off her overhead in V-trigger but at this point just take what you can get.

Go online and play auto pilot ryu Myles. Lemme know how that works out for you.
The main weakness of my Ryu is that I can't bring myself to not think. I'm thinking about whiff punishing when I should just jump or dash up throw

Everyone knows she should combo off her overhead in V-trigger but at this point just take what you can get.

The main weakness of my Ryu is that I can't bring myself to not think. I'm thinking about whiff punishing when I should just jump or dash up throw
So, with Ryu, what are you? Gold? Silver? Diamond?
Ps-legit question dude.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Well, I went in and tested a bunch of the stuff you did in that video and about half of it is completely debunked by my video, which shows you how to properly test a tick throw. Instead of recording the tick, and then mashing all sorts of normals, not even considering that you didn't do the tick throw right in the first place, you record the reversals.

I will admit that Guile's tick throw doesn't work on a bunch of characters though. Like, it doesn't work on Necalli, Karin, Chun, Laura and probably some others that I didn't test. But it does work on a lot of other characters (even ones with 3 frame normals like Balrog and Rashid). Even Rashid's tick throw doesn't work on Laura and Mika's st.LK. I'm guessing those moves have some properties that make their throw box move back a little.

Either way, Guile still has ways of setting up throws with his booms and with jump ins with boom as a cover. And he still has a legit guess between throw and normal with st.LP, st.LK, cr.LP and st.MP.

So, next time you make a video, please learn the proper testing method so you don't try and pass off claims like Rashid can just mash any button to get out of Guile's tick throws. Or just don't make a video at all, since we could have just done this via text and it would be a lot less embarrassing for you.
what are you talking about lul. do you see me using st. Lp in my video against rashid as a tick? My testing isnt wrong because you're using a completely different button as an example. Go ahead and do your infallible training mode skills and do st. Lk" tick " and see if rashid can't mash random buttons, I'll wait.

Mashing random buttons is in exaggeration to the point that Guile has nothing close to tick throws off the varying buttons you mentioned. how you take that literally, like Rashids are mashing cr. mp on defense is beyond me. Btw, why don't you do Rashid's cr. MK instead of MP as an example? Oh right because that loses and you wouldn't have any hair-splitting rebuttal video to waste my time with.

Just because Guile can catch some extended hurtboxes off only 2 character's lights but lose if they did another button or walk back or do nothing does not mean anything. You're wrong, Guile has no tick throws. And no Jump ins or sonic booms aren't "ticks" look up the definition to save me time on that too. End of story thnx for playing ur so gatlike man lul

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
She is when other people don't know the matchup. Even I'll admit that.
That could be said about a bunch of characters. Not my fault my opponent lets me pressure after mediums. Or not know when I'm positive after cr.HP. I really hope capcom didn't butcher this character.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
That could be said about a bunch of characters. Not my fault my opponent lets me pressure after mediums. Or not know when I'm positive after cr.HP. I really hope capcom didn't butcher this character.
Lmao... at least you'll have your boy Fang.

Aramonde

Noob
Ok so Guiles 2 bar vtrigger gives him everything his 3 bar does now, and he still has some form of the loop and most of the corner bnbs intact

lul it's our time to shine boys :cool:
*salutes* I wont let you down general

Thanks man, i saw some cool stuff in there but since that guy doesn't speak English and im a lowly foot soldier i didn't understand most of it.

Hi everyone! Longtime lurker and occasional poster in this thread. Just wanted to properly introduce myself a little. And by a little I mean with a short book because I'm a babbler, I guess.

I purchased SFV shortly after its release but didn't get around to playing it much until a few months later. When I did start it was pretty jarring and not something that I was necessarily comfortable with. I was once told that choosing MKX to be my first fighting game was a mistake and at the time I didn't really understand, but trying to transition into a different FG and feeling absolutely helpless really showed me what that statement meant.
MK has always been my main FG and it did make it harder to learn these others seriously. Im still trying to be decent at them.

Tis the season to be jolly Lul-lul-lul-lul-LUL-LUL-LUL-LUL!!!!!!

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Hit confirmed? At the pro level maybe, and even then I've seen pro players just mash it out and take the hits when it doesn't work because the reward for when it does is so outstandingly high, who gives a shit. Just bully it through and ride the Mika train to dizzy/damage/mixup town.

I stand by my original statement that , though she wasn't the best character in the game, she was the most directly broken. I started leaning towards this being Ken for a bit but ultimately, know one could wrest her from her cracked thrown.

Because ryu has terrible tools to whiff punish and play footsies? No, he's got some of the best so I can't see that being an issue.

Good on you, Rushdown.

I know the mu in s1.

You're gonna get hit confirmed carried to the corner and you're gonna guess.
:DOGE

Idk how anyone could argue otherwise.
You'd be surprised how much of what online mikas do isn't real. There's a reason fuudo/du look like they're playing different characters compared to most mikas.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
what are you talking about lul. do you see me using st. Lp in my video against rashid as a tick? My testing isnt wrong because you're using a completely different button as an example. Go ahead and do your infallible training mode skills and do st. Lk" tick " and see if rashid can't mash random buttons, I'll wait.

Mashing random buttons is in exaggeration to the point that Guile has nothing close to tick throws off the varying buttons you mentioned. how you take that literally, like Rashids are mashing cr. mp on defense is beyond me. Btw, why don't you do Rashid's cr. MK instead of MP as an example? Oh right because that loses and you wouldn't have any hair-splitting rebuttal video to waste my time with.

Just because Guile can catch some extended hurtboxes off only 2 character's lights but lose if they did another button or walk back or do nothing does not mean anything. You're wrong, Guile has no tick throws. And no Jump ins or sonic booms aren't "ticks" look up the definition to save me time on that too. End of story thnx for playing ur so gatlike man lul
Fine, I'll test your stupid button that I forgot to test out of all the combinations of ticks vs Rashid normals.

Oh look, it still works! Thanks for wasting my time. Your training mode must be broken or something...

Can I watch NEC now?

Im master rank bro. :DOGE
Lol you too? :DOGE
I'm asking him because if Ryu is so autopilot then I'm guessing it's easy to get to at least gold.
Speaking for Ibuki, no, it will not.
Fine, I'll test your stupid button that I forgot to test out of all the combinations of ticks vs Rashid normals.

Oh look, it still works! Thanks for wasting my time. Your training mode must be broken or something...

Can I watch NEC now?
Is NEC over?

Yeah a lot of her shenanigans were gimmicks people never bothered to work on.

I'm asking him because if Ryu is so autopilot then I'm guessing it's easy to get to at least gold.

Is NEC over?
ryu is a funny little guy. He's incredibly strong and very well rounded but he's also difficult to win with. It's always been his deal. His character/toolset is just the package that EVERY character in the game is balanced/designed around. When they build/balance a character it's always with tools that directly interact with ryus skill set. It's why he doesn't blow out any characters but he also doesn't really lose to anyone either. He's got options for everything his opponent can bring, but there aren't any characters that don't fight him well.

Edit: when I say difficult to win with I mean that you're going to have to directly outplay your opponent to win. He has no real gimmicks and you can't rely on people not knowing the matchup because EVERYONE knows the ryu matchup.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.

Is NEC over?
I think SFV is done for the the day but you got MKX and anime and classic games going on still.

Ryu is solid but you need a good strategy for each matchup. His damage is off the charts though...