What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
It's actually not obvious and it is in fact still incorrect in your clarification. Guile does have jump mixups with whatever button he wants. He's still got a throw bait into a hp. That being said nothing was actually taken out of the game. His frame data and boom speed were changed. That's how fighting games are generally balanced. So here I am, yet again "spoon feeding you" why you're wrong, or at the very least why what you said and what you meant aren't the same thing.
Maybe raw jump ins are mixups to bums, I'm sure, but the people I generally play against have reactions or adapt to empty jumps. But I can't believe even someone like you just gets hit by raw jump ins because " he could've empty jumped me".

I can't be anymore clear than this: The jump in Guile would need to properly get max damage is not a 50/50 guess like he made it out to be. Stop trying to explain to me irrelevant stuff about cross ups or empty jumps thank you.

Wow so Guile has one unsafe shimmy button he can convert a single time in the corner into an equal amount of damage Ken gets anywhere on the screen. Truly broken, I see it now. Hey well good thing they scaled the damage for both of their combos oh except nvm they apparently completely just took Guile's away from him. He's able to do boom loops one day and the next day he isn't what the hell do you possibly call that besides them being taken out? Did Guile just forget how to do them or something lul

Someone help

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I cant decide if boom loops were hype or boring. Hype in that they aren't easy to do. Boring in that once you've seen it... you've seen it. And it takes forever.

I think the real question here is... why do most characters do as much damage as gief? And why does he deserve only 50 more health than Ryu? These things don't make sense.

Edit: If they seriously insisted on removing loops and not scaling them, did they have to put pushback on cr.mp? Like... it already is dumb that cr.mp xx flash kick can whiff at some ranges. I don't even play Guile anymore and I think it's nonsensical.
why let Guile have any combos in the first place he has the best projectile in the game, you know I lose because I can't do random sweeps and jump in all the timeor antiair on reaction character is too good my man

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Maybe raw jump ins are mixups to bums, I'm sure, but the people I generally play against have reactions or adapt to empty jumps. But I can't believe even someone like you just gets hit by raw jump ins because " he could've empty jumped me".

I can't be anymore clear than this: The jump in Guile would need to properly get max damage is not a 50/50 guess like he made it out to be. Stop trying to explain to me irrelevant stuff about cross ups or empty jumps thank you.

Wow so Guile has one unsafe shimmy button he can convert a single time in the corner into an equal amount of damage Ken gets anywhere on the screen. Truly broken, I see it now. Hey well good thing they scaled the damage for both of their combos oh except nvm they apparently completely just took Guile's away from him. He's able to do boom loops one day and the next day he isn't what the hell do you possibly call that besides them being taken out? Did Guile just forget how to do them or something lul

Someone help
Ok so if they scale it what would be the point of using it if you get shit damage from it? waste all of you resources for scaled damage and bore everybody to death. and if you are empty jumping in on somebody are you not conditioning them not to block the jump in punch that leads to the 600 damage?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Damn can y'all just wait until the official patch notes hit?

Ken only has 4f. And he's been doing just fine with his faux pressure. And him and Cammy will just have to aim their EX divekicks now. It still does all the other stuff, it's just not necessary to anti air. More responsibility is put on the attacker which I like.

I can't wait for there to be less Mika. Her nerfs just help my Mika do better. I think she'll be fine. I wish she could pick a direction with Irish whip and hopefully she can still be plus after cr.HP. Other than that she'll still her thing. She just needs to be right a few more times.

I think boom loops are extra boring. SF combos get boring after one extension. Unless it's like Karin or Urien type stuff. That alex juggle looks dope too. But repeating 2 normals and booms is hella boring. Akuma will probably add some cool combo paths. But this game overall was not designed with cool combos in mind. Hopefully these "new" 5 characters continue to make a case otherwise.
The way some people are acting, you'd think the official patch notes have been out for weeks and the new meta is fully developed. Right now we've mostly heard about nerfs, but there are probably some buffs that went unnoticed as well.

I heard Mika can control Irish Whip direction. I know it was reported that she couldn't but then someone said she could. Could have been a typo... Anyway, she can still hit people midscreen after Irish whip. I'm not sure what buttons work but I know I've seen cr. LK hit and I think cr. HP hits as well. So you probably still get a reset into mixups.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Ok so if they scale it what would be the point of using it if you get shit damage from it? waste all of you resources for scaled damage and bore everybody to death. and if you are empty jumping in on somebody are you not conditioning them not to block the jump in punch that leads to the 600 damage?
Because there's more factors to this than the potential change of I can't do a lot of damage in the corner that you seem to think I care about the most.

What's your CFN?

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Urien, Bison and Sim seem to have received the most buffs. We haven't even heard about any Rashid changes yet. Still waiting for that teleport...
I'm not sure yet of the gravity of Bisons changes. I think he's cool in V... does he not just feel... awkward to you guys?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
The way some people are acting, you'd think the official patch notes have been out for weeks and the new meta is fully developed. Right now we've mostly heard about nerfs, but there are probably some buffs that went unnoticed as well.

I heard Mika can control Irish Whip direction. I know it was reported that she couldn't but then someone said she could. Could have been a typo... Anyway, she can still hit people midscreen after Irish whip. I'm not sure what buttons work but I know I've seen cr. LK hit and I think cr. HP hits as well. So you probably still get a reset into mixups.
I saw that too. I think his name is fubarduck on Twitter. Might be his FG handle too. More of a focus on not being able to whiff really useful things safely would go a big way in toning her down. I got my fingers crossed

I'm not sure yet of the gravity of Bisons changes. I think he's cool in V... does he not just feel... awkward to you guys?
It's damn stupid slow walk speed. He moves too slow to play any type of neutral and he becomes even more of a dashing idiot than Nash. How they thought him barely taking a step would be ok, I have no clue. He doesn't have anything someone that slow usually does: teleport, unblockable, command grab, screen control (unless you spend bar). I say give him an overhead. #Mixups4Bison

Xian says input lag is down to 4 frames. He was talking about it on twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/XianMSG/status/806306739280719872
awww Beat me to it. More scrubby level Ken and Mika nerfs.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Apparently Mika can't hitconfirm a direction to whip you the direction the Mika player is holding when you clap is the way the person is thrown

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
It's damn stupid slow walk speed. He moves too slow to play any type of neutral and he becomes even more of a dashing idiot than Nash. How they thought him barely taking a step would be ok, I have no clue. He doesn't have anything someone that slow usually does: teleport, unblockable, command grab, screen control (unless you spend bar). I say give him an overhead. #Mixups4Bison
Yeah. The walk speed. And I am not a fan of needing to do the fwd in his df.hp command normal. Idk. Seems unnecessary. Similar to the wierd charging on guiles bnb. Like... why? Harder for the sake of harder?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yeah. The walk speed. And I am not a fan of needing to do the fwd in his df.hp command normal. Idk. Seems unnecessary. Similar to the wierd charging on guiles bnb. Like... why? Harder for the sake of harder?
What do you mean? He holds back and down to charge. Idk how else he's supposed to get a command normal. Which is going to become extremely useful with a 3f normal.

The one thing I don't like is how df can still activate his charge moves. That just makes doing stuff quickly feel clunky. Another reason I wish I could tighten up the input reading.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
How many points do you need to get to super gold?
I think it's this:

Platinum = 7,500 LP
Ultra Gold = 6,500-7,499 LP
Super Gold = 5,500-6,499 LP
Gold = 4,000-5,499 LP
Ultra Silver = 3,500-3,999 LP
Super Silver = 3,000-3,499 LP
Silver = 2,000-2,999 LP
Ultra Bronze = 1,500-1,999 LP
Super Bronze = 1,000-1,499 LP
Bronze = 500-999 LP
Rookie= 0-499 LP

I personally think Gief should be able to combo in command grab automatically off of everything he does. Literally. If he blocks? Command grab. Jabs you? Command grab. Chosen at character select? The screen spins around as it loads.
Nah I want to see explosions every time Gief headbutts a projectile or hits an opponent, also the screen should shake like when Balrog hits someone.

vicious1024

Does it matter?
Confirming from df.HP is a lot easier than it sounds. It's a slow normal with a ton of hitstun.

He also has a his flame special for instances where you feel you missed your charge.