What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Going soley off those notes what makes you say that?
If you look at how these characters function as a whole, these are in my opinion the ones who felt like capcom butchered them including nash as well, but nash has very long normals and some of them are hard to punish, he can't just back away as much.

While Ken seems to lose his 3f jab combo starter that helped his v-skil game against slower reaction players and his counter hit with crouch 3f jab into target combo.

Mika lost a lot, including midscreen damage since she cannot use invisible wall anymore on top of her grab to do it being considerably much slower, she probably will have to use nadeshiko to get it, which is using her v-trigger.
Cammy a character with no overhead gets her best way to approach neutered.

But looking this from Ibuki's side, some of these universal nerfs might actually help her due her walkspeed, forcing throws to whiff which is practically her playground she can punish normals well, but if you get opened by a throw god help you.

Anyway, will be waiting for the official release, if this means i get to play my waifu from SFV in better conditions than before i'm down, she is fun, some characters were just super dumb, including Ken.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Ken only ever had a 4f jab? or am I wrong there?

Also, with all Kens normals getting a frame added.. Does he now have a 5f jab?

3rd edit: FA tools and the two online spreadsheets I have all say he only had a 4f Jab.
Yeah, Ken never had a 3f jab. I don't think they are going to give him a 5f jab. I think the slower normals he has are probably his mediums and heavies only.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Well hp will no longer CC. It would usually launch them in air to allow a juggle. So now you'd be able to just convert normally.

With cr.hp being a CC it'll allow you to have
1) Easy meaties that grant a high damage followup.
2) Potentially get a follow up from ant air attacks (I hope this is the case)
What is the follow up if cr.hp is blocked? I had been using st.mp on their wakeup for frame adv. The AA part does sound good tho.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Kroaken is very familiar with my ranting about SFV. To the point of nausea I'd say.

First, I like the game. I just intensely dislike certain aspects of it. It's made worse by the fact that the game is so close to being incredible. It just needs more over-all variety in terms of approach/style, some tweaks and some balance changes.

Yes, sfv is a balanced game, by and large, it is very balanced and at the level I play at, it's EXTREMELY balanced. But it's not as perfect as people claimed it was, not at the top of the tower. I don't care how good you are, some characters were simply not going to win and as the community leveled up collectively the tier-gap was increasing. Not to mention the few times I have ventured in to online random play all I ever see are the handful of core characters with an errant Gief or occasional 'i want to see titties' Laura player.
I agree, though. Throw loops were dumb.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
I hope I can find some ghetto version of the Guile loop with the new nerfs. The loops were the most fun thing to do in this game Capcom pls.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I hope I can find some ghetto version of the Guile loop with the new nerfs. The loops were the most fun thing to do in this game Capcom pls.
Honestly the cr. mp nerf could mess up with so many things and vtrigger is prob a nerf. Guile looking like he got the toptier treatment in this patch especially with whatever else we don't know especially if they don't buff him in any relevant way

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
What is the follow up if cr.hp is blocked? I had been using st.mp on their wakeup for frame adv. The AA part does sound good tho.
If you hit it as meaty as possible then it's +2 on block. If you're 2 frames late then you're 0 on block. etc.

I use cr.hp because it looks cool and it's a braindead way to cover all wakeup recovery options since it has 5 active frames. Flashkick then dash in and cr.hp, cr.hp, cr.hp and that will cover all wakeup options. Good against mashers but when they stop pushing buttons because you've show you can meaty, that's when you can go for st.mp and not care about being a frame or two off or whatever since they won't throw you off witha different recovery option.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Honestly the cr. mp nerf could mess up with so many things and vtrigger is prob a nerf. Guile looking like he got the toptier treatment in this patch especially with whatever else we don't know especially if they don't buff him in any relevant way
The main problem with the V-trigger change especially is how good it was a comeback mechanic. However, with it being two bars, Cr fr being a CC AA defense wise he looks to have gotten better. But like you said, corner combos in general will probably be heavily screwed not only loops, fingers crossed its only loops though and not bnb stun combos for example.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
The main problem with the V-trigger change especially is how good it was a comeback mechanic. However, with it being two bars, Cr fr being a CC AA defense wise he looks to have gotten better. But like you said, corner combos in general will probably be heavily screwed not only loops, fingers crossed its only loops though and not bnb stun combos for example.
They won't give him 2 bars and not limit the amount of booms he can throw from the 3 bar one now. The cr.mp pushback could mean middcreen stuff is gone too when he already can't link flashkick off it at some ranges. I dont think any Guile player would trade his entire corner game/combos potential for the cr. Fierce CC . That's like going 5 steps back and 2 steps forward. Assuming there isn't more adjustments he's just a worst and boring character overall, not balanced.

Everyone might as well just pick up Urien and Bison lul

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Current Guile is already a season 2 meta character surviving in season 1's broken meta. If anything they should just give him Cr. fierce cc change along with whatever hurtbox/hitboxes they have to tweak to make him play footsies and leave the character alone forever