What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.

don't ever even think about jumping at me.

Alex gets a lot off of his AA jabs. You essentially get put in to a 50/50. he can grab or he can lariat and if his timing is on point you have to guess. What's really awful is if you eat the lariat you get put back into a 50/50, between him st.mp'ing you, or command grabbing again.

Lariat is his safe option.., If you read the command throw you can neutral jump and punish *heavily*. Lariat can be v-reversaled though if you just dont want to deal with Alex's bullshit.

Alex in general is a dangerous character to jump against.. cr.hp in to slash/elbow (I forget which, they look the same to me =/.), his rising knee thing, jab AA into 50/50's, he has good air to air buttons.

Be careful though and don't rely super heavily on jab AA vs *everyone*. Some characters have no real answer but some, Ibuki, Vega and Guile in particular, can whiff air throws on a jump in and make you whiff AA jab at point blank range, so they land at frame advantage and make your life hard. *Disclaimer: I THINK you land at frame advantage.. don't take it as gospel please*.

EntropicByDesign

Trying to pick this game back up, never really got going in it until a couple weeks ago. I'm located in the US, Kentucky to be exact, so.. ehh, I usually have solid connections to people on the East Coast, central/mid US and occasionally West Coast guys, but it depends. Always looking for games, hit me up on Steam. Steam name listed under my forum name to the left. (same as forum name any way)

Im learning Vega and Necalli and occasionally Birdy.

I'm on a decent connection, wired and private. Just me.

@FL Rushdown
What would be the best thing to do after a close blocked sweep canceled into vTrigger? I mean after the vtrigger as Ryu what is a good option? I'm talking about all this on block.
youre plus 12 on block, so do literally whatever you want. Play it the same as you would their wake up. You can meaty(not really, but they can't interrupt any buttons), shimmy, throw, or frametrap. They all work.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
backdashing is a viable option in terms of getting out of frame traps on the defense side of things imo
I don't know man, you can get counter hit if you get caught backdashing in a frame trap plus I don't think they have any invincibility. They can be good if you're opponent does something then tries to walk in and push a button but it's situational, y'know?

I don't know man, you can get counter hit if you get caught backdashing in a frame trap plus I don't think they have any invincibility. They can be good if you're opponent does something then tries to walk in and push a button but it's situational, y'know?
not if u block the first move and don't press no buttons.

not if u block the first move and don't press no buttons.
yeah, no. Backdashing in a frame trap would only work in situations where they stagger the next buttons. I.e cammy cr mp into walk forward cr mp. If she just does cr mp into cr mk you're gonna get bopped for backdashing.

So basically if you read that they're gonna leave a large enough gap to backdash you might as well press a button.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
So I am guessing the anti air will have to be a little later than you would normally do it, I will give it a try.
Yeah but if you do your anti-air later, you will get hit by his jump in mk or hp. It's pretty dumb, he basically gets a 50/50 for jumping at you.

EntropicByDesign

Doesn't wingless airplane work?
And takes longer to get out, due to it being a special. I mean, you can buffer it constantly, but its not reliable IMO. Its something you might be able to use on occasion just to show its there, but trying to use it as an 'answer' to Ken's tatsu is going to get you tagged. Ken is a tricky problem. You dont want him jumping with impunity, but he can work a mixup in to his jump and if he lands one, he does 20%-30%+ depending.

All in all, Ken's jumping options are absolutely bonkers in V. Its just how things are until the December adjustments come and we see what Capcom intends. Ken, Ryu, Mika, Chun.. Lots of horseshit to be addressed.