What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
not true at all. There's more high level players working out tech for characters like chun/ken/necalli/Mika than there are Fang/Ibuki/Laura/gief etc. I guarantee you the top tiers are closer to optimized than the bottom tiers.

[Monologue]
You jump to the defense of SFV at any opportunity you get. I'm sure the only reason for F.A.N.G being a weak character is that no one has found the magical tech that gives him damage and gets him off the ground

You jump to the defense of SFV at any opportunity you get. I'm sure the only reason for F.A.N.G being a weak character is that no one has found the magical tech that gives him damage and gets him off the ground
i wouldn't jump to the games defense if you ever critiqued it intelligently instead of just being a salty troll.

I've never said fang is good, just that you're losing because you are bad, not because he is. You aren't good enough to lose because of your characters faults(neither am I for that matter).

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
A lot of times the AI blocks my standing short so the DP also gets blocked. But if I try to input the standing short faster it won't register so only the DP will come out.
As far as links go, it's the tightest sort of link in the game, but it's still not a 1 frame link so you should be able to get it. You just have to learn the timing I guess.

As far as links go, it's the tightest sort of link in the game, but it's still not a 1 frame link so you should be able to get it. You just have to learn the timing I guess.
Yea, just noticed that the h.k (CC) to the st.hk has a much wider time frame so that's easy, I guess I was inputting the s.lk either too slow or too fast. Yea it's just learning the timing and more practice. Thanks.

@FL Rushdown

How long did it take you to hit h.k (CC),h.k, l.k,h.DP consistently?
that combo isn't optimal. Do hk cc walk forward st mp, cr hp then either hp dp xx ca or trigger into st hk st lk xx hp dp ca.

St hk into st lk is not too terrible of a link but It's droppable if you're going on auto pilot. Hit the lk as soon as his toe touches the ground don't wait for him to go back to his normal stance should be able to get it 10/10 with some practice.

Once you get that down I'll teach you the mystical ways of st hk cc into f.hp combos.

Edit: you should still come join me on team Mika though. Same amount of swag with half the hard work.

Last edited:
that combo isn't optimal. Do hk cc walk forward st mp, cr hp then either hp dp xx ca or trigger into st hk st lk xx hp dp ca.

St hk into st lk is not too terrible of a link but It's droppable if you're going on auto pilot. Hit the lk as soon as his toe touches the ground don't wait for him to go back to his normal stance should be able to get it 10/10 with some practice.

Once you get that down I'll teach you the mystical ways of st hk cc into f.hp combos.

Edit: you should still come join me on team Mika though. Same amount of swag with half the hard work.
Haha, maybe I will join one day. Ok I'll practice those cc combos you mention. Thanks bro.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Urien is an amazing upper mid/low high character.

Been playing him more and more. He's very fun to play offensively but he should probably be played very defensively because of Aegis essentially being free damage.

Not to mention that depending on what your combo started with, you only need 1 Aegis to stun and kill someone.

His damage is also through the roof for being a very decent zoner with long limbs and a v trigger like that. I'm finding his damage is exactly 1 step above what Nash did which left me feeling like "meh".

What even more attractive is how he's clearly not a top tier character based on reversal, frames etc. but he can kill you faster than anyone else if he reads you right. He's probably the best at killing you in 2 very fast mixups.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
i wouldn't jump to the games defense if you ever critiqued it intelligently instead of just being a salty troll.

I've never said fang is good, just that you're losing because you are bad, not because he is. You aren't good enough to lose because of your characters faults(neither am I for that matter).
You've tried to defend R.Mika pushblocking characters into a vortex. The only reason I reply is because I want to see how far you will go to try and justify Capcoms mistakes

You've tried to defend R.Mika pushblocking characters into a vortex. The only reason I reply is because I want to see how far you will go to try and justify Capcoms mistakes
If you're losing to Mika it's because of one of three things(possibly all 3). You either don't know the matchup, are making the wrong reads more than she is, or you're worse than who you're playing against.

All of her tools have counters assuming you make the correct reads. Her vortex is good, but let's not act like it's vanilla Akuma tier. You've got multiple wake up timings, v reversals, and the ability to hard punish her on a good read.

If you're upset that she's plus one after Vreversal on hit than I dunno what to tell you. A lot of characters get advantage after their reversal and it's punishable on a read.

Edit: before you say this is downplaying, just know that I'm not saying she's bad. She's very, very strong. She's just got her weaknesses, and you're not exploiting them.

Last edited:
.000093% when rounded(and I was lazy and didn't enter the .45 repeating so probably off by about .000001%).
Well that shit happened to me yesterday at locals. Picked random vs Mika, I lost and picked random again, won then had to pick random again (because opponent went back to character select) X2.

Well that shit happened to me yesterday at locals. Picked random vs Mika, I lost and picked random again, won then had to pick random again (because opponent went back to character select) X2.
rare events happen Frequently. Million/billion to one events occur all the time.