What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Yeah after any V-trigger guard break you can get a combo if you're close enough. I was just telling the 2 different moves ryu has that does it.
And you can absorb 4 hits with the Zangief V-Skill. 2 for flexing and 2 when he starts crab walking.
Yeah, Thats why I was confused with the amount at first.

That noise when they slip is just too damn perfect. Birdies vskill meta game is going to be huge with him. Ive been starting out eating bananas and soda first so that people expect me to throw something down after I eat something because they usually try to jump in on me over the food during that time as Im throwing it down. Then if you eat a normal donut and recover quickly you can anti air them with cr.mp right away or you can hold down mp and mk while you eat the donut to charge the EX armored headbutt and anti air them with that. Then when they hesitate when you eat food expecting it to be a donut it opens up "safer" opportunities to put down bananas and cans again in the neutral. Also keep in mind that when you actuvate Vtrigger eating donuts will refill the Vtrigger bar so you can stay in it longer and non charge EX headbutts have armor on them. God damn Birdie is such a well designed character, so perfect for me, he may be fat but hes got conditioning
Screw your Banana.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Do the donuts just build V trigger? Or do they recover health as well?

The V skill meta is my favorite thing about the character other than the EX divebomb move. I love that move.
I dont think they build health, that would be crazy considering he already has a lot of health to begin with. Im pretty sure they just build vtrigger but with less recovery than banana or can and they also rebuild vtrigger when its active to keep you red hot longer

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I dont think they build health, that would be crazy considering he already has a lot of health to begin with. Im pretty sure they just build vtrigger but with less recovery than banana or can and they also rebuild vtrigger when its active to keep you red hot longer
Thinking about it that would be pretty broke actually.

HanSolo

Noob
Any updated feedback on the pc port? Still haven't pulled the trigger

Edit: also, is anyone playing pc port with their wireless xbox controller? I've never used my x1 controller on my tower, any insight here? I have the USB cable that comes with play n charge kit, do I just plug into computer and it'll auto work or what?

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
To whoever said there's no point in playing noobs who dp and do gimmicks.

This game is all about knowing how to beat gimmicks to force your opponent to play proper. What separates good players from the bad is knowing how to cut off gameplans.

After all, if they're scrubs, you should wipe the floor with them.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
It's not throw invincible. Why does this man spend a meter to get thrown back into the corner

The struggle for F.A.N.G is unreal
OMFG you have a fucking meterless invincible move that is not as punisheable as a DP.... Stop crying! My character doesn't have a good reversal and you don't see me crying.
Also how are people vortexing you to death? Every overhead in the game is reactable, this game is all about footsies, no dumb unreactable 50/50's or chip damage, F.A.N.G's footsies and keep away are good.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Dude it is a really good anti-air, I honestly don't know what more you can ask for in one. It spaces you nicely too for a follow-up. Based on my use of it so far and the priority it seems to have I would give it a really good grade as an AA.
Also since it's a fierce move, if it hits as a counter hit you can combo on reaction into cannon spike. Love it lol

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I feel like Rashid is the Blanka of this game. He has multiple ways around projectiles and has a special move that's safe on block lol.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
It's so easy to notice people who love fighting games and have been around the block before
"I love my character, he/she can do all these cool things"
"This online is crazy fun.?"
"I like playing people to lose and learn"

Versus those who just don't get it
"Vortex"
"No options"
"My character can't do this or that"
"Waaaaaaaaaaa"

Party on. I'm gonna go lab another matchup.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Lots of characters have this issue. In fact, the majority of characters do not have an invincible wakeup. The two characters I use most, (Nash and Laura) are probably worse off than F.A.N.G in the corner.
No one is worse off than F.A.N.G. The man is a charge/zoning character in a game designed against both charge and zoning

OMFG you have a fucking meterless invincible move that is not as punisheable as a DP.... Stop crying! My character doesn't have a good reversal and you don't see me crying.
Also how are people vortexing you to death? Every overhead in the game is reactable, this game is all about footsies, no dumb unreactable 50/50's or chip damage, F.A.N.G's footsies and keep away are good.
The character is unviable. You just don't know

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yeah after any V-trigger guard break you can get a combo if you're close enough. I was just telling the 2 different moves ryu has that does it.
And you can absorb 4 hits with the Zangief V-Skill. 2 for flexing and 2 when he starts crab walking.

Maybe because you got those scrubby V-trigger mixups??? :eek::coffee:

@THTB @smokey @@MylesWright_ I've been playing F.A.N.G and he feels like he has the tools to not end up in the corner. I can make even Ryu and Chun come to me. Then play from a range where Chun and Birdie used to be the only dominant forces. Everything this guy does hits from further out than where he is standing. One trick I like his cr.HP anti air but cancel the first hit into the HK ground cloud. They have to react to getting AA'd into a back roll to avoid the setup which is just fine for F.A.N.G

And can people stop complaining about waking up. Unless you get CC or beat to the corner you're fine in this game. Even then it's so easy to just block on wake up. Then you take like 2 buttons and you're back to neutral.
Right. You might have to tech and maybe avoid a command throw, but it's otherwise not that bad.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
It's so easy to notice people who love fighting games and have been around the block before
"I love my character, he/she can do all these cool things"
"This online is crazy fun.?"
"I like playing people to lose and learn"

Versus those who just don't get it
"Vortex"
"No options"
"My character can't do this or that"
"Waaaaaaaaaaa"

Party on. I'm gonna go lab another matchup.
I am squarely in the former category. Even though I main a top character like Chun Li, if I lose a match, which I've been lucky to have only done two or three times thus far, I find it a learning experience and I do what I can to try to level up.

This game is pissing me off so much right now. So I'm a frame late and getting hit by random shoryukens and grabs while I pressure or after a jump attack.. because everyone online is mashing buttons. wtf I'm not used to that lol. I don't get this game at all.