What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

FL Rushdown

Champion
I think Abel would be a good addition for SFV in DLC season 2, plus there is already a SFV Abel model.

abel is kinda basically mika though. You've got step kick into pressure vs drop kick/roll into pressure.

Side guessing games with roll vs v trigger side switches.

Command grab or meaty mixups.

I like Abel and I wouldn't be upset to see him return but I feel like there's a long waiting list.

Akuma, E. Ryu, Sagat, Makoto, Guy, Blanka, Honda, Fei Long, Sakura. These are characters that i miss fighting.

abel is kinda basically mika though. You've got step kick into pressure vs drop kick/roll into pressure.

Side guessing games with roll vs v trigger side switches.

Command grab or meaty mixups.

I like Abel and I wouldn't be upset to see him return but I feel like there's a long waiting list.

Akuma, E. Ryu, Sagat, Makoto, Guy, Blanka, Honda, Fei Long, Sakura. These are characters that i miss fighting.
Dude all those characters that you mentioned should be in SF 5!

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
You may not want to see the outcome of redesigned characters in SFV.
Everything unique will be nerfed or removed and they'll be pressuring with st.mp, poking with st.mk and throw baiting like everyone else

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
for all my guile footsoldiers out there like lionheart and aramonde we actually have awarness of our situations innit we dont need to pretend we have antiairs with peasant 3f jabs with 360 degree hitboxes whiffing sweeps 24/7 and mashing dash in neutral cuz god forbid someone actually jumps in and we're not ready

also dont nj on guile pls

Last edited:

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
for all my guile footsoldiers out there like lionheart and aramonde we actually have awarness of our situations innit we dont need to pretend we have antiairs with peasant 3f jabs with 360 degree hitboxes whiffing sweeps 24/7 and mashing dash in neutral cuz god forbid someone actually jumps in and we're not ready

Tanned Guile best Guile.

On the topic of AAs. Let's take a look at Cammy. Cammy, IMHO, is the best designed character in the game (defense-wise) and if they remove some frames of input lag she's gonna be pretty honest too. She has AAs for every situation and doesn't rely on mindlessly tapping 3f light normals with next to no recovery, to AA God himself from heaven.
  • b.MP for those cross-up attempts (mind you, b.mp is 4f, but has plenty of recovery, since its a medium, so whiff it and you'll get punished)
  • lk DP for close jump-ins
  • mk DP for those pesky Alex jump in buttons etc.
I think they did a good job (best?) with her overall, something that I was not expecting coming from SF4....

If they decide to look at a character and say "each character should be around this level" to balance the game, that character should be Cammy.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Tanned Guile best Guile.

On the topic of AAs. Let's take a look at Cammy. Cammy, IMHO, is the best designed character in the game (defense-wise) and if they remove some frames of input lag she's gonna be pretty honest too. She has AAs for every situation and doesn't rely on mindlessly tapping 3f light normals with next to no recovery, to AA God himself from heaven.
  • b.MP for those cross-up attempts (mind you, b.mp is 4f, but has plenty of recovery, since its a medium, so whiff it and you'll get punished)
  • lk DP for close jump-ins
  • mk DP for those pesky Alex jump in buttons etc.
I think they did a good job (best?) with her overall, something that I was not expecting coming from SF4....

If they decide to look at a character and say "each character should be around this level" to balance the game, that character should be Cammy.
we have so much in common we both agree about aas and we both post on tym amd we both play honest characters... we should make our own thread:cool:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I need me some Guy, Fei Long, and Sakura (the most fun shoto). Plus seeing Makoto in action was always sick to me. All her move just seemed dope.

You may not want to see the outcome of redesigned characters in SFV.
Everything unique will be nerfed or removed and they'll be pressuring with st.mp, poking with st.mk and throw baiting like everyone else
If Mika is pressuring you with st.MP, you're fucking up. I keep F.A.N.G.'s st.MK for anti airs. So there needs to be characters not capable of throw baiting?

FL Rushdown

Champion
Next character coming out as developed by Myles.

1. No throw/shimmy mixups

2. No pressure options from medium normals

3. No light anti airs

4. no meaty setups on knockdowns

5. Must instantly explode into giblets when someone picks juri vs them.

6. 0 invincible moves and no 3 frame normals.

This character has got me hype Myles. Keep your design insight coming.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
When is ryu getting hit with the nerf hammer. Im not one to usually complain but he is the 1 character in this game that rewards unsafe bullshit. Gets v trigget 2 times a round and has the lamest confirms into ca. Saltsaltsalt. Give me sf4 vinalla akuma to body this asshole easy mode scrub shitbag!!!!!!!!!. ok im done winging lol.:mad::mad::oops::)

FL Rushdown

Champion
When is ryu getting hit with the nerf hammer. Im not one to usually complain but he is the 1 character in this game that rewards unsafe bullshit. Gets v trigget 2 times a round and has the lamest confirms into ca. Saltsaltsalt. Give me sf4 vinalla akuma to body this asshole easy mode scrub shitbag!!!!!!!!!. ok im done winging lol.:mad::mad::oops::)
ryu doesn't need nerfs outside of his jab aa being less useful in some way. Honestly Ryu might be #1 or 2 on the tier list going by overall tools, but matchup wise he's like upper mid tier. Pretty much every character in the game can fight Ryu well in some way. If you're getting bodied consistently by Ryu you're probably getting outplayed.

Edit: before I get crucified by Myles I'd like to point out that when I say "upper mid tier" I'm saying outside of top 5 but inside of top 10.

Last edited:

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
It just seems he gets away with alot compared to others. Mind you ive had 10 jds so probably not the best time to talk teir placings lol. He just has great offence and great defence. 1 mistake can mean death. He is the 1 character in this game that i think has a very low risk/reward and isnt very difficult to play. But dont mind me im just throwing out some drunken salt. Oh and his confirms into ca dont seem to scale as much as others dude always hits like a truck.....

Ok im done now ggs ryu boyz

FL Rushdown

Champion
It just seems he gets away with alot compared to others. Mind you ive had 10 jds so probably not the best time to talk teir placings lol. He just has great offence and great defence. 1 mistake can mean death. He is the 1 character in this game that i think has a very low risk/reward and isnt very difficult to play. But dont mind me im just throwing out some drunken salt. Oh and his confirms into ca dont seem to scale as much as others dude always hits like a truck.....

Ok im done now ggs ryu boyz
no characters in this game are difficult to play though.

And just for a fun thought experiment I'd like you to think of 3 characters that Ryu beats worse than 5.5 to 4.5.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
More people should get drunk then come and reveal their true feelings about SFV because this thread needs more honesty.

People talk so highly of this game like it's the pinnacle of footsi.. oh someone dashed halfway across the screen and command grabbed me

Aramonde

Kombatant
Is tbagging a strictly NRS thing? I have played almost every fighting games in the last 7 years online and the only games ppl tbag in is NRS and pretty fucking frequently lol.
I've only been tbagged in SFV twice compared to thousands of times in MKX. Other games though dont have a time period after the match where the winner gets to do anything they want. It also doesn't help that the best MKX player does that shit constantly in tournaments.

A few days ago i played @Temp 's Chun Li and amazed he was anti airing so much already because he just starting playing the game. A few days later im playing with a friend and i pick Chun to mess around and i was an anti airing machine!!! Even when i wasn't ready i still AA'd. That's one hell of a normal, can Guile have one of those XD