What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
ggs @FL Rushdown

Nope not at all i dont mind.

I thought i was good at teching throws before today lol. I have never been hit with so many in my life the S.lk into throw is probably the craziest thing I have been subjected to in this game.

Do you usually play during around this time often?

Last edited:
ggs @FL Rushdown

Nope not at all i dont mind.

I thought i was good at teching throws before today lol. I have never been hit with so many in my life the S.lk into throw is probably the craziest thing I have been subjected to in this game.
Yeah the throws weren't all real though, I was just abusing matchup knowledge. Ryus st lk is -2 on block you can always crouch jab after, even if I go for a frame trap your jab will beat anything other than dp or a cancel into a special.

As for the rest you should just counter my sweep on block with your own it's a tight punish but it's guaranteed from any distance with gief since ryus sweep is always -11(-10 with perfect meaty timing). You can get in after your own sweep instead of getting no punish and letting me backdash back to neutral.

When you used spd it seemed like you only used light. It's less damage and doesn't guarantee you a setup, so unless you need that range go for heavier ones for the damage and guaranteed meaties.

Also go for more tick spds, I don't think you went for one once on block out of jab or anything towards the end of the set in the rounds that were close it was very hard for you to win a lot of them specifically because I didn't have to look for that or other options so I was content to just block. A few jabs into spd and you'd probably have caught me holding up once or twice and hit me for the win.

Anti air jab with gief is pretty good from what I've seen, even if it trades with me it's better than blocking and eating the mixup so try to practice that. Because you let me get away with murder, I usually don't jump at giefs for this exact reason.

As for running bear grabs I'd say try not to do them so much in neutral but hey, you hit me with 80% of them so that's my fault lol. If it works keep doing it but once someone gets used to it it's super risky.

Edit: not usually I'm generally on later at night. Usually available from like 10pm-1am est.

Last edited:

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Yeah the throws weren't all real though, I was just abusing matchup knowledge. Ryus st lk is -2 on block you can always crouch jab after, even if I go for a frame trap your jab will beat anything other than dp or a cancel into a special.

As for the rest you should just counter my sweep on block with your own it's a tight punish but it's guaranteed from any distance with gief since ryus sweep is always -11(-10 with perfect meaty timing). You can get in after your own sweep instead of getting no punish and letting me backdash back to neutral.

When you used spd it seemed like you only used light. It's less damage and doesn't guarantee you a setup, so unless you need that range go for heavier ones for the damage and guaranteed meaties.

Also go for more tick spds, I don't think you went for one once on block out of jab or anything towards the end of the set in the rounds that were close it was very hard for you to win a lot of them specifically because I didn't have to look for that or other options so I was content to just block. A few jabs into spd and you'd probably have caught me holding up once or twice and hit me for the win.

Anti air jab with gief is pretty good from what I've seen, even if it trades with me it's better than blocking and eating the mixup so try to practice that. Because you let me get away with murder, I usually don't jump at giefs for this exact reason.

As for running bear grabs I'd say try not to do them so much in neutral but hey, you hit me with 80% of them so that's my fault lol. If it works keep doing it but once someone gets used to it it's super risky.

Edit: not usually I'm generally on later at night. Usually available from like 10pm-1am est.
Had no idea that I could punish with my sweep at any range thats nuts, good to know.

I also never knew that about the SPD's I have always wondered that but never knew l.spd caused me to miss setups that explains tons.

My c.lp's into L. SDP always seemed to whiff, should I be using med or heavy spd in that situation. I do them calmly in practice but in matches I do them way too fast and fuck up way to often.

Yeah I know the run grab is pretty much suicide for sure. I was just trying to make hard reads on dash ins and fireballs.

I am pretty bad when it comes to looking up frame data and such so this was super helpful.

Damn I work 3rd shift and its almost impossible to find someone to play sets with when I get home from work.

Had no idea that I could punish with my sweep at any range thats nuts, good to know.

I also never knew that about the SPD's I have always wondered that but never knew l.spd caused me to miss setups that explains tons.

My c.lp's into L. SDP always seemed to whiff, should I be using med or heavy spd in that situation. I do them calmly in practice but in matches I do them way too fast and fuck up way to often.

Yeah I know the run grab is pretty much suicide for sure. I was just trying to make hard reads on dash ins and fireballs.

I am pretty bad when it comes to looking up frame data and such so this was super helpful.

Damn I work 3rd shift and its almost impossible to find someone to play sets with when I get home from work.
If you are going to tick into M or H SPD then usually you can do it with 1 attack beforehand

C.lp is +5 on hit, so you will find that c.lp-l.spd will whiff when you get a counter hit and time the SPD so that it would grab on the first frame after a regular hit. Counter hit c.lp is +7, and that will cause your SPD to whiff. (All SPDs are 5 frame start up, so using medium, heavy or ex won't change anything)

At the moment I'm trying to do c.lk-c.lp, buffer the SPD into the c.lp animation, then grab on block or do c.lk on hit. The third c.lk will connect if you started point blank or there abouts. If it's a little further out, do nothing. It's not easy to do as it's a multiple choice hit confirm, and you're not training your brain to react to just one thing, rather to make one of three choices depending on distance and counter hits. I can't do it consistently in matches yet. I look forward to when I can.

Oh, and after a jab anti air it is possible to get a meaty f.hp. I don't think you can get it meaty enough to link a second f.hp like you can off a crush counter, but against players who like to wake up jab or don't have a reversal, it's a nice, potentially very damaging confirm.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
NEW BLOG UP
http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/07/21/juri-joins-the-street-fighter-v-roster

Juri Joins the Street Fighter V Roster
Jul21

Hello, Street Fighters!

We have a couple of exciting pieces of news to share with you today. Following the announcements from EVO and SDCC 2016, this month’s update will bring you our latest addition to the Street Fighter V roster: Juri!

Introduced in Super Street Fighter IV, Juri is a provocative S.I.N. agent from South Korea who goes by the codename of “Spider” and worked under Seth. Juri is a sadistic fighter who enjoys violence and loves tormenting her prey, with a tendency to get involved in anything she deems as fun or dangerous. Fueled by hatred of Shadaloo and M.Bison for the murder of her parents, Juri joined S.I.N. to seek revenge and doesn’t care who she has to annihilate to achieve her goals.

Juri in Street Fighter IV

Juri returns to Street Fighter V with a brand new look and some tricks up her sleeves. A trained expert in Taekwondo, Juri also possesses a ki booster called the Feng Shui Engine equipped in her left eye to aid her during battles. She focuses on flashy, fast and furious kicks, and has a wide range of ki-based attacks at her disposal. Her trademark moves are her ki-based fireball attack and pinwheel kick.

What has Juri been up to since defeating Seth? Why is she back? Be sure to check out the free story DLC “A Shadow Falls” to find out!

V-Skill: Kasatsushu

• Juri builds charges up and rushes at the opponent, kicking them from behind. Juri can choose to charge Kasatsushu by holding down the V-Skill command. During this charge, she can cancel Kasatsushu at any time by inputting a forward or backward dash. Additionally, she maintains her charge level after the cancel.

V-Trigger: Feng Shui Engine Type Alpha

• Juri activates the Feng Shui Engine which allows her to cancel all of her standard attacks, both in the air and on the ground, into one another. In addition, each strength of her Fuharenkyaku attacks will remain in their charged state.

Critical Art – Sakkai Fuhazan

• Juri kicks out a large slicing blast towards the opponent that hits multiple times.

Juri will be available to download on the PlayStation and Steam stores starting July 26th. Fans attending San Diego Comic Con this week will be able to experience playing Juri first hand at the Street Fighter V booth, so be sure to stop by!

We will be conducting server maintenance from 9AM to 5PM PT on 7/26 (Tuesday) in preperation of the release of Juri.

Juri’s Story and Premium Battle Costume will also become available at the same time she releases on the 26th.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Also just announced at our SDCC panel, summer is turning up the heat, so what better option to stay cool than a new batch of summer themed costumes? Yes, we are happy to announce 3 more Premium Summer costumes for Street Fighter V!

In addition to the Chun-Li and R. Mika summer outfits which are already available, we have three more outfits for Cammy, Laura, and Ibuki coming your way! Each Premium Summer costume is priced at $3.99 / €3.99 / £3.29 and will be available on July 26th as well. Be sure to grab them on the PlayStation and Steam Stores along with our new DLC character Juri when the day comes! Till next time!

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
C.lp is +5 on hit, so you will find that c.lp-l.spd will whiff when you get a counter hit and time the SPD so that it would grab on the first frame after a regular hit. Counter hit c.lp is +7, and that will cause your SPD to whiff. (All SPDs are 5 frame start up, so using medium, heavy or ex won't change anything)

At the moment I'm trying to do c.lk-c.lp, buffer the SPD into the c.lp animation, then grab on block or do c.lk on hit. The third c.lk will connect if you started point blank or there abouts. If it's a little further out, do nothing. It's not easy to do as it's a multiple choice hit confirm, and you're not training your brain to react to just one thing, rather to make one of three choices depending on distance and counter hits. I can't do it consistently in matches yet. I look forward to when I can.

Oh, and after a jab anti air it is possible to get a meaty f.hp. I don't think you can get it meaty enough to link a second f.hp like you can off a crush counter, but against players who like to wake up jab or don't have a reversal, it's a nice, potentially very damaging confirm.
Damn thanks for all that info man. Lately it seems after S.Lp AA I have been getting beat out of everything I have tried. So I should be pressing the F.HP right after the S.LP lands and not when I see them land, this his always confused me about SF wit AA and A2A.

Thanks a bunch man I appreciate it.

HanSolo

Noob
Picked up SFV for PC within a few weeks of it being released. My first street fighter, I played for a couple of days but it was super laggy/ slowmo/ low fps unless I was on bare minimum specs. and on low spec version the game is pretty ugly, at least on my computer. My computers fairly dated so I just assumed it was on me. Pretty much decided I couldn't spend hours grinding such a pixelated experience and gave up. Fast forward to today, I decide to google around a bit and see that even people with reasonable rigs were having issues. Tried a few fixes that were mentioned, played with my NVIDIA settings and turned off v-sync in the engine.ini and stuff and now I've got it running at a consistent 60 FPS on medium settings. Not spectacular but a huge improvement to the "Low Spec" version. So yeah, rambling because I'm excited. Gonna clock some time with Laura and Ryu and go from there.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Picked up SFV for PC within a few weeks of it being released. My first street fighter, I played for a couple of days but it was super laggy/ slowmo/ low fps unless I was on bare minimum specs. and on low spec version the game is pretty ugly, at least on my computer. My computers fairly dated so I just assumed it was on me. Pretty much decided I couldn't spend hours grinding such a pixelated experience and gave up. Fast forward to today, I decide to google around a bit and see that even people with reasonable rigs were having issues. Tried a few fixes that were mentioned, played with my NVIDIA settings and turned off v-sync in the engine.ini and stuff and now I've got it running at a consistent 60 FPS on medium settings. Not spectacular but a huge improvement to the "Low Spec" version. So yeah, rambling because I'm excited. Gonna clock some time with Laura and Ryu and go from there.
Nice always good when you come back and try again and shit works better. Careful if you play online I have heard turning off your vsync causes wonky shit online due to the other player most likely having it turned on.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Welcome to my club house. I know your completely new but let me know if you want to play anytime. I'm always learning a new character and it beats ranked.

My cfn is Beeshazee.

Last edited:
Damn thanks for all that info man. Lately it seems after S.Lp AA I have been getting beat out of everything I have tried. So I should be pressing the F.HP right after the S.LP lands and not when I see them land, this his always confused me about SF wit AA and A2A.

Thanks a bunch man I appreciate it.
No probs. The f.hp meaty depends on the angle and timing of the anti air, and although the window isn't too strict, there are some instances where it will be beaten out. I can't give you any concrete examples though.