What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Idk much about Alex. I just included him because he's slow and uses command grab mixups. Mind explaining why you think it's easier for Alex to fight in SFV than F.A.N.G.?
alex has great tools to get in, huge damage combos(can usually stun with 1-2 resets which leads to a kill), great pokes, good frames on his buttons(except his joke of an overhead), and a pretty good v trigger.

I think he has to work as hard as fang to get his hits, but he needs 3 hits and fang needs 6.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
alex has great tools to get in, huge damage combos(can usually stun with 1-2 resets which leads to a kill), great pokes, good frames on his buttons(except his joke of an overhead), and a pretty good v trigger.

I think he has to work as hard as fang to get his hits, but he needs 3 hits and fang needs 6.
Ah. Makes sense. Especially that last part. I actually didn't even think of the damage difference. I just knew Alex had to be played well. So I included him in the list along with Zangief and Rashid.

But we better keep this on the down low. Forum cop shazzy is on patrol.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
yuk is very good but Tokido just wrecked infil in the gf at CEO. It's still an upset even if Yukadon is talented.
There's a difference between beating someone once and consistently losing for months. Tokido has been playing the matchup tons with Yukadon, which is how he managed to beat Infil, so no surprise there. They know each other's tendencies.

Idk much about Alex. I just included him because he's slow and uses command grab mixups. Mind explaining why you think it's easier for Alex to fight in SFV than F.A.N.G.?
Some of the best footsie tools of the game

High stun rating and damage off of counterhits

Extremely solid anti airs,

Solid gimmicks,

Solid frametraps,

2 anti projectile moves,

As for defense, he's got the advantage of being a pressure character which uses his CC buttons a lot, meaning he gets more V gauge than most other characters so he can V reversal more.

Without wanting to involve myself in the argument, I'll just say that listing someone being bad as if a fact and then saying you don't know much about him and you listed him because of generalisations is probably why shazzy's upset.

There's a difference between beating someone once and consistently losing for months. Tokido has been playing the matchup tons with Yukadon, which is how he managed to beat Infil, so no surprise there. They know each other's tendencies.

Solid gimmicks,

Solid frametraps,

2 anti projectile moves,

As for defense, he's got the advantage of being a pressure character which uses his CC buttons a lot, meaning he gets more V gauge than most other characters so he can V reversal more.

Without wanting to involve myself in the argument, I'll just say that listing someone being bad as if a fact and then saying you don't know much about him and you listed him because of generalisations is probably why shazzy's upset.
i agree with pretty much all of that, but I feel like solid gimmicks is a thing that doesn't exist lol.

And in defense of Cush he didn't say Alex was bad, he said he had to work hard. I feel like there's a difference. Chun works harder than Ryu but she's a better character too.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i agree with pretty much all of that, but I feel like solid gimmicks is a thing that doesn't exist lol.
Call it 50-50 then. Indistinguishable + on block stomp or command grab that forces chars without a DP-like reversal to do something to either get out of the way or punish.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

Solid gimmicks,

Solid frametraps,

2 anti projectile moves,

Thanks.

Shazzy can be upset. Point I'm making is I'll still talk about stuff so I can learn like I just did. If I didn't include alex then you two wouldn't have said anything. Other point is he makes bold claims them just drops them in the next post. Tries to shout with no accountability.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Lol forum cop shazzy. Can't figure out what you're talking about so you default to "you guys can't talk about it". Or that's what you're actually talking about which is dumb.

If capcom decides to sill allow F.A.N.G. Sweep to miss when it hits, I'll be upset but I'm not about to be saying Capcom should listen to me.

I'm on a forum for discussing a game I like. If I feel my character could use a change and someone wants to talk about it I'll do that. Talking about the game helps enhance my knowledge about it. Like when I started talking to @FL Rushdown about the vega F.A.N.G. I learned some things that will help me fight Vega.

But no, guess I should just talk about how cool pros are and post videos of my being a rad player online that no one asked for.

Still waiting on that quote about me downplaying rashid.

So are we dropping the fact you also tried to say I said F.A.N.G. couldn't place? Cause me thinking a character could use some changes doesn't mean they can't win. But I guess you wouldn't know about assuming things.

When are you going to start thinking through your posts?
Here we go, trying to weasel out with more strawmen. I do not care that what you think it's how you have zero self-awareness as you post. "Alex is Rashid, Fang, Zangief, tier ...oh btw idk anything abou Alex". Wtf is that? Listen to yourself, honestly. Cringe.

while Myles is a tool I'm kinda curious who you think are the low tiers in sfv if you're not thinking fang/rashid/gief. Imo they're the easy consensus bottom 3, with gief being below the other two. They're fully playable because the game is fairly well balanced, but if ANY characters are going to get buffed it should be them.
See that's the thing most tier lists are based off tools because it's the easiest way to do it, and I'd pretty much agree with most but... I believe in the more matchup based tier list and that the game being very balanced, where characters like Fang, Rashid, and Gief's tournament placing chances aren't so grim.

As for handing out buffs/nerfs I'm not as delsuional to assume I know so much about the game that I could offer anything right now especially based Off loses online. I'm still learning my character, let alone 21 other ones' entire matchups.

Call it 50-50 then. Indistinguishable + on block stomp or command grab that forces chars without a DP-like reversal to do something to either get out of the way or punish.
neutral jump beats both, and they're 29 or 30 frame startup so it's definitely reactable.

See that's the thing most tier lists are based off tools because it's the easiest way to do it, and I'd pretty much agree with most but... I believe in the more matchup based tier list, where characters like Fang, Rashid, and Gief's tournament placing chances aren't so grim.
yeah the matchups are important and I'd agree that fang and rashid don't have any super bad matchups so they're viable, I do think gief has the worst matchup chart in the game though if I'm being honest. I don't think he has more than 1-2 winning matchups(maybe mika and Laura?) and I think he's got a ton of shitty ones(sim, Nash, chun, Ryu, Karin, etc).

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
neutral jump beats both, and they're 29 or 30 frame startup so it's definitely reactable.
Yeah, but you're not going to do them fullscreen or anything like that. You'll be doing them up close every once in a while, not to mention 8f input lag makes it difficult to neutral jump the boot stomp.

How do you still not get what I'm saying? To put it bluntly, the last guys that need to weigh in on buffs/nerfs are 100% you guys. Myles is the worst offender obviously but you all share the same mindset of " I think I know what I'm actually talking about when it comes to x." And you most likely do not. Get some perspective

Also yes if you think a character needs changes then that character would literally be by definition considered incomplete to you.
By the way you did not answer the question I asked you, you changed the question to your own needs.

I am going to repost one of the posts I made pages ago since you seem to have cherry picked all the posts apart from the last one I made which you conveniently ignored.
Anytime :DOGE

We can say this and that about a character but at the end of the day you, me or any other player makes the decision to choose a character and any weaknesses/viability that they may have will come with choice of choosing that character. Have to either drop the character or just deal with it.

EDIT: Little block of text was meant for someone else
Name one time after that I complained or anything of the sort after that post.

EDIT: You even changed your post to suit your own needs but I guess since I replied to your old post, the original is quoted.

Yeah, but you're not going to do them fullscreen or anything like that. You'll be doing them up close every once in a while, not to mention 8f input lag makes it difficult to neutral jump the boot stomp.
startup is always the same so you've got 29 frames to react. It's very doable, helped by the fact you can tell when he's got charge.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
yeah the matchups are important and I'd agree that fang and rashid don't have any super bad matchups so they're viable, I do think gief has the worst matchup chart in the game though if I'm being honest. I don't think he has more than 1-2 winning matchups(maybe mika and Laura?) and I think he's got a ton of shitty ones(sim, Nash, chun, Ryu, Karin, etc).

It's fine to have opinions and I don't care if someone comes in this thread "well, i think this character struggles and could use this", but in the same vein the character has to actually need that... and then you have to actually know what you're talking about.... and you have to actually not be bad... before seriously going around as an authority on a character being upset because you don't know how to check your ego. Call it bias, but I don't put much value in your performance/opinion over Itabashi or Xian when you're highest achievemnt in Streetfighter is super silver, you know?

Do you see me posting legit nerfs/buffs for any character in this thread and then being upset one someone might think I don't know what I'm talking about and my only defense is "well you're not the boss of me cop guy." Cringe

By the way you did not answer the question I asked you, you changed the question to your own needs.

I am going to repost one of the posts I made pages ago since you seem to have cherry picked all the posts apart from the last one I made which you conveniently ignored.

Name one time after that I complained or anything of the sort after that post.

EDIT: You even changed your post to suit your own needs but I guess since I replied to your old post, the original is quoted.
I don't remember reading this, that's probably why. I've seen you complain about Gief before. It's the thing I most remember you for besides, asking for games every other day. Those two things.

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
startup is always the same so you've got 29 frames to react. It's very doable, helped by the fact you can tell when he's got charge.
Charge is much shorter this time around and 27f with 8f input lag makes it about the same as reacting to other 20+ frame moves, e.g jaguar kicks in SF4 @ 23f, where you could react with a DP/Ultra if you were expecting them but people like Gamerbee used them so well rarely anyone ever did.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I never said Rashid was incomplete, just low tier. Which he is. You do realise we're only 5 months into the games life and there are people that can still not have figured out matchups and can still get hit by gimmicks right? And yet again he doesn't make top 8, one lucky string of wins doesn't mean shit bbz xoxo Try again when he does something of note like make top 8 or be consistent

It's fine to have opinions and I don't care if someone comes in this thread "well, i think this character struggles and could use this", but in the same vein the character has to actually need that... and then you have to actually know what you're talking about.... and you have to actually not be bad... before seriously going around as an authority on a character being upset because you don't know how to check your ego. Call it bias, but I don't put much value in your performance/opinion over Itabashi or Xian when you're highest achievemnt in Streetfighter is super silver, you know?

Do you see me posting legit nerfs/buffs for any character in this thread and then being upset one someone might think I don't know what I'm talking about and my only defense is "well you're not the boss of me cop guy." Cringe

I don't remember reading this, that's probably why. I've seen you complain about Gief before. It's the thing I most remember you for besides, asking for games every other day. Those two things.
oh now I get it. You're like Myles. Just a clown that shits all over stuff and doesn't make any points. Ok. Good to know. I gave an opinion and what I feel are reasons and you respond with "check your ego" what an intelligent conversation. Thanks for your input but please refrain from posting further until an original thought actually comes out of your brain.

At least I am remembered for something :DOGE

Yes I admit I was aggressive in this forum on what I thought in terms of the character but I have had pretty decent discussions about certain aspects of my own playstyle and gameplay with other members of this forum in private.

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
oh now I get it. You're like Myles. Just a clown that shits all over stuff and doesn't make any points. Ok. Good to know. I gave an opinion and what I feel are reasons and you respond with "check your ego" what an intelligent conversation. Thanks for your input but please refrain from posting further until an original thought actually comes out of your brain.
You're fine, I was just venting my position on why I'm making such a big deal about this in the first place. I wasn't referring you, that was 90% to cushun myles, and then like 10% to jjvercetti, the rest kind've bleeding out once I had to namedrop some examples of people off the top off my head I remember who might've downplayed characters.

You're fine, I was just venting my position on why I'm making such a big deal about this in the first place. I wasn't referring you, that was 90% to cushun and then like 10% to jjvercetti.
thats cool, and I respect that and it's always good to try and shut down ignorant comments, but I feel like an actual conversation with back and forth talking points does it better. Especially if the comments are coming from a place of honest ignorance as opposed to just dishonest downplaying/bullshit.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
As for handing out buffs/nerfs I'm not as delsuional to assume I know so much about the game that I could offer anything right now especially based Off loses online. I'm still learning my character, let alone 21 other ones' entire matchups.
Ok I see you just don't get it. I'm talking about SF and if I expose a lack of knowledge about the game and then immediately gain that knowledge then I'm happy. If that makes you cringe then so be it. I've never stated I know everything and my word is law. Just expressing my feelings as I learn the game. I don't know where you got the idea that I think I'm some SF god. Probably the same place you lost that quote of me saying F.A.N.G. and Rashid are incomplete and can't place.

You should try to stop assuming some crazy intentions and jumping to conclusions. I don't even post about character changes a lot. I've had like 4 posts actually talking about that unless you're counting me calling out myles. Everything else has been about tournaments and trying to play people.

You're the only one who needs an ego check. Trying to make yourself high and mighty cause you don't say "I think my character could use so and so." That's such a petty thing to be blown out of proportion.

Here we go, trying to weasel out with more strawmen. I do not care that what you think it's how you have zero self-awareness as you post. "Alex is Rashid, Fang, Zangief, tier ...oh btw idk anything abou Alex". Wtf is that? Listen to yourself, honestly. Cringe.
I included alex in a list of characters who work harder than F.A.N.G. Not some commandment level tier list. I got to talk about Alex and I think both of those guys would agree Alex still works hard just not as hard as F.A.N.G. But I guess the sky is falling since Alex gets notched up a spot in a list no one cares about but you.

If anyone has felt so bad about me posting and discussing stuff let me know. I didn't think it was such a big deal.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
thats cool, and I respect that and it's always good to try and shut down ignorant comments, but I feel like an actual conversation with back and forth talking points does it better. Especially if the comments are coming from a place of honest ignorance as opposed to just dishonest downplaying/bullshit.
I honestly think you had it right the first time. And this post is pretty much my point.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Ya, but I don't like Cushun's attiude to things in general and from my own talks with the guy. So I guess I was a powder keg waiting to go off at another one of his passive aggressive, ignorant comments and his constant need for me to validate him or whatever.

Basically I'd rather not bother.