What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
hey what all you guys are saying is nice and stuff but is there a sfv thread for platinum ranked players?

dont get me wrong u guise are all um cool and stuff but like lmk cuz ya

Last edited:

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
In the last week I've started playing online again and I've noticed some really bad habits I've developed as a result of playing the same people offline, and I'm having a hell of a time trying to change them. I've also forgotten how to handle lunatics who never stop jumping and mashing out reversals and supers. I know what I'm meant to do, but I get caught offguard all the while. I keep finding myself thinking 'that's three anti airs in a row, surely he won't jump again...'. Guess what? He does.
Who else has blocked me so I know who I can and can't talk to?

This is always the case with fighting games online. It's a struggle in this game in particular because damage is so high, you can't react to the ground game effectively and you have to be so ready to anti-air jumps. When you have to be so premptive about everything it's hard to make a read on a player that doesn't even know what they are going to do themselves.

Scrubs are dangerous in this game online which is better than them just dying because they won't stop doing stupid things imo.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
hey what all you guys are saying is nice and stuff but is there a sfv thread for platinum ranked players?

dont get me wrong u guise are all um cool and stuff but like lmk cuz ya
I like to keep my rank low so when I beat platinums they are like wtf? :DOGE

Also haven't played ranked for over a month now...

On block? I think you can punish it if you VSkill it but it seems random sometimes.
You can s.hk 70% of the time, but sometimes the bounce back puts him out of range, I don't know why but I'm guessing it could be different strengths having different recovery (It was months ago that I looked at it and have hardly played any Rashid's since. I'd test it, but I can't play for another 7 hours). If I remember rightly, v skill doesn't affect the arc of the recovery. It might cause you to recover a little quicker than you would out of block stun, so it might make punishing easier. Does Ryu's parry affect the recovery?

I like to keep my rank low so when I beat platinums they are like wtf? :DOGE

Also haven't played ranked for over a month now...
I should do that
You can s.hk 70% of the time, but sometimes the bounce back puts him out of range, I don't know why but I'm guessing it could be different strengths having different recovery (It was months ago that I looked at it and have hardly played any Rashid's since. I'd test it, but I can't play for another 7 hours). If I remember rightly, v skill doesn't affect the arc of the recovery. It might cause you to recover a little quicker than you would out of block stun, so it might make punishing easier. Does Ryu's parry affect the recovery?
For me anyway he is out of the range of s.hk when he does the running version.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Yeah, running eagle spike is way safer than the regular one because of the distance it leaves him, although its 1f more minus at -21. With Chun I could dash st.MP to punish the non-running one (-20).

it feels like you're trying to communicate to me in some language... but i dont just speak your rank sorry buddy
Too bad I can't mop the floor with you because you reside in the land of the fraaayyy.

On the plus side, I can talk trash without risking getting blown up. :DOGE

Yeah, running eagle spike is way safer than the regular one because of the distance it leaves him, although its 1f more minus at -21. With Chun I could dash st.MP to punish the non-running one (-20).
Does he have grounded recovery frames? I'm wondering if EX-RBG would catch him if frame perfect (it's doubtful though).

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
@JJvercetti

You should be able to take a step forward and st. Hk every time. It's -21 and st.HK is 11 frames so walk forward for a few frames before pressing the button. However, you can't punish if v-trigger is out (the tornado) or during certain setups in the corner where he does a HK whirlwind shot from about sweep range, cancels into v-skill roll and then while you are blocking the 3 little tornadoes he can do a safe eagle spike that throws him way back to midscreen. In that situation, most Rashid's would do the spinning mixer instead of eagle spike because it becomes enhanced and hits like 20 times which takes a bunch of grey life and it's -0 on block.

I've only been punished for doing the "safe" eagle spike one time since I've been playing the game and that was when Dizzy punished an eagle spike with Necalli's Critical Art by going right through the v-trigger tornado.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
It's almost as if I actually play fighting games and know what I'm talking about *Gasp*
Ha then you'd actually anti air with some of the best AA normals. And have an actual ground game. Please don't lump in me saying minor changes to you saying week 1 F.A.N.G. is unplayable and needs 3f lights.

This is always the case with fighting games online. It's a struggle in this game in particular because damage is so high, you can't react to the ground game effectively and you have to be so ready to anti-air jumps. When you have to be so premptive about everything it's hard to make a read on a player that doesn't even know what they are going to do themselves.
My point exactly. Space out someone and most of the time they'll jump. If they start mashing DP they'll most likely keep doing it. Unless you're facing the top 100 or the odd actually good player, the game becomes extremely easy.

And as for people ducking you. I've invited you to matches in this thread multiple times.

@JJvercetti

You should be able to take a step forward and st. Hk every time. It's -21 and st.HK is 11 frames so walk forward for a few frames before pressing the button. However, you can't punish if v-trigger is out (the tornado) or during certain setups in the corner where he does a HK whirlwind shot from about sweep range, cancels into v-skill roll and then while you are blocking the 3 little tornadoes he can do a safe eagle spike that throws him way back to midscreen. In that situation, most Rashid's would do the spinning mixer instead of eagle spike because it becomes enhanced and hits like 20 times which takes a bunch of grey life and it's -0 on block.

I've only been punished for doing the "safe" eagle spike one time since I've been playing the game and that was when Dizzy punished an eagle spike with Necalli's Critical Art by going right through the v-trigger tornado.
Yeah I guessed it was me. I have a lot of trouble reacting to things sometimes, dont know why though.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
And as for people ducking you. I've invited you to matches in this thread multiple times.
When I'm not enjoying the game and barely playing it everyone wants to fight me. When Ibuki drops I'm playing it more and everyone is ducking.. People have issued open challenges then backed down even going as far as to block me

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
When I'm not enjoying the game and barely playing it everyone wants to fight me. When Ibuki drops I'm playing it more and everyone is ducking.. People have issued open challenges then backed down even going as far as to block me
Idk what you're talking about. I obviously haven't blocked you. I'll still play you. You just have to say "ok invite me." Or "ok I'll invite you."