What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
FANG might not be great but he's good enough and at least one player is getting results from him. Where are the Rashid players? I haven't seen anyone do anything with this character. Not even a top 8 from what I can remember. I don't think we'll even see a Rashid in top 32 at evo.
I'm a fellow Trashid player...unfortunately. He's good for the Zangief matchup at least lol. I play Rashid for aesthetic purposes since he's a wind guy and Fujin seems to have been rejected for MKX, but also play Nash because he fits the archetype of FG character I usually like to play.

Aaayyy. I've been told I got some German deep down in my blood somewhere. Maybe that's why it's so good?:eek:

Connecticut, East coast USA

Which stage? If it's an alternate stage maybe you have to pick that main stage first?

Nah. I don't think F.A.N.G. is unplayable. He definitely is harder to play and doesn't have the same amount of power as other characters. But his tools are still effective, just different compated to what's been proven effective month 1.

He could use some changes. Nothing major though. Just slight things to keep his style in tact and give a bit more reward/less effort.

EDIT: it's kind of like chun li. Everyone says she's top 3 but players are having difficulty cause you have to be consistent with her. Instant air legs is just a week 1 power strategy. People start hitting that out of the air, then you have to be good on the ground. She's definitely got piwerful tools but she can get nice reward for playing well. Imagine if she didn't full combo off of lights or have combos leading in to SBK. Then she start playing like F.A.N.G. needing extra touches cause the stray hits she getting just aren't adding up.
It's the Mysterious Cove stage.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I'm a fellow Trashid player...unfortunately. He's good for the Zangief matchup at least lol. I play Rashid for aesthetic purposes since he's a wind guy and Fujin seems to have been rejected for MKX, but also play Nash because he fits the archetype of FG character I usually like to play.
Idk, Gief is one of the few characters that can punish running eagle spike.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Aaayyy. I've been told I got some German deep down in my blood somewhere. Maybe that's why it's so good?:eek:
Maybe lel.

I usually have good connections with people from the east coast. Even on Injustice with dat shitty netcode I can play some decent matches. Any farther than the east cost and it starts getting problematic.

Aramonde

Noob
Damn Myles Wright is still alive? He's been on my ignore list since the Killer Frost days.

Is he reformed now or does he still only post about how bad his character is?
So he says his character is bad in every game? lol

Im going to get something to eat but if yous wanted to do a KOTH later i'd be down.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm going to run to the store probably b back in like an hour will you still be on? Sick alex btw
Likely not. Was good fighting a good Rashid for once lol. Most of the week 1 Rashids are gone, so there's, like, no experience vs the character to gain.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Likely not. Was good fighting a good Rashid for once lol. Most of the week 1 Rashids are gone, so there's, like, no experience vs the character to gain.
Yeah most ppl get frustrated and drop him lol we'll get to play more if you have any questions I'll b glad to answer

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
So, who, apart from @Braindead and @Youphemism , are from EU?
I am
What will your OS be for dodging my Ibuki?

Nah. I don't think F.A.N.G. is unplayable. He definitely is harder to play and doesn't have the same amount of power as other characters. But his tools are still effective, just different compated to what's been proven effective month 1.

He could use some changes. Nothing major though. Just slight things to keep his style in tact and give a bit more reward/less effort.
Nah, Myles ended up right about FANG for the most part. His general set of options aren't super good like you'd expect. He's usable, but it's pretty damn hard vs the better characters.
It's almost as if I actually play fighting games and know what I'm talking about *Gasp*

Do you ever feel like you've actually gotten worse?

In the last week I've started playing online again and I've noticed some really bad habits I've developed as a result of playing the same people offline, and I'm having a hell of a time trying to change them. I've also forgotten how to handle lunatics who never stop jumping and mashing out reversals and supers. I know what I'm meant to do, but I get caught offguard all the while. I keep finding myself thinking 'that's three anti airs in a row, surely he won't jump again...'. Guess what? He does.

In the past three days I have lost a LOT of points (super bronze mother fuckers) I know points don't matter, but it's just frustrating.