What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Ok do basically flash kick his whirlwhind pressure everytime since it's not a blockstring unless light. I feel like that's a pretty free option for Guile. Thanks and yeah I just couldnt seem to cc his dp lol idk i i probably wouldve won if I did it at least once.
Basically yes. You might even be able to option select the punish. Like, if they do the light whirlwind shot, you should be stuck in blockstun so nothing will come out but they will be -7 and you can punish. If they do MK ww shot you can probably only interrupt with a 3-4 frame move or invincibles. HK has tons of startup so you should be able to interrupt with anything. If you see ex ww shot midscreen just jab out after he rolls or throw tech. EX ww shot in the corner I would respek or v-reversal every time.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
That CPT balrog episode got me hyped to play him! Damn they made him an interesting character. Got that SFxT steve flavor.

if i could actually see anything that was happening while playing in cushun's connection then the sets would be like this everytime guaranteed
Oh is that my first set with Mika? The one where I warm up and proceed to beat you in the next set and then you left after barely going 5-4? And we both know it's just you lagging. Idk what is you got or where you live but something's got to change. Lol at nash player complaining about lag against mika. When you're ready to keep playing instead of running every time you barely win. HMU. And don't worry I'm sure this thread thinks you're so cool and talented.

Barely survive the SFV corner game then try to start something yourself only to have your normal V-Reversal punished and be thrown back in the same situation.

Even NRS don't punish you for hitting your opponent
I'm still waiting on anything actually in depth from you. Not general speaking and spewing other's words. You could talk about F.A.N.G. for instance. You must know a lot since you talk so certain.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I'm still waiting on anything actually in depth from you. Not general speaking and spewing other's words. You could talk about F.A.N.G. for instance. You must know a lot since you talk so certain.
I go in depth about this character all the time. You just don't want to believe

Aramonde

Noob
CALLING ALL GUILES

I play Zangief. I am rather new to SFV. I need to learn this MU to the best of my ability. My PSN is ArmedCalf. Come punish me, I swear asking for this MU should be classified as some sort of BDSM type shit.
I'm new to this game and I main Guile. I'd be down to play. I don't get off till later tonight though but you can send me a FR psn is Aramonde

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I go in depth about this character all the time. You just don't want to believe
Saying "I get jumped in on all the time" is not in depth. Just telling us you can't anti air. Saying "F.A.N.G. Sucks" is not in depth. It would be if you proceeded to explain anything besides "he doesn't do enough damage" or had some kind of list of changes showing you have actually thought about F.A.N.G. All you do is ramble on about how bad you are this game.

GG's I have never played a Ryu that is so active, so hard to try and read let alone condition.

EDIT: I just noticed that the defense stat now works on the results screen.
i swear I don't usually play that reckless lol, but I find if you let gief get a read on you its lights out in a lot of cases. So I try specifically to take some risks that aren't in my favor.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Saying "I get jumped in on all the time" is not in depth. Just telling us you can't anti air. Saying "F.A.N.G. Sucks" is not in depth. It would be if you proceeded to explain anything besides "he doesn't do enough damage" or had some kind of list of changes showing you have actually thought about F.A.N.G. All you do is ramble on about how bad you are this game.
SFV has proven thus far that even an invincible dragonpunch isn't enough to anti-air every jump so I don't think F.A.N.G holds up very well against the 'anti anti-air' airborne attacks Capcom are running with in this game

SFV has proven thus far that even an invincible dragonpunch isn't enough to anti-air every jump so I don't think F.A.N.G holds up very well against the 'anti anti-air' airborne attacks Capcom are running with in this game
i can anti air 100% of jump ins assuming I'm not worrying about a ground game. The anti airs work, they're consistent from specific ranges. The problem is the players.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
That CPT balrog episode got me hyped to play him! Damn they made him an interesting character. Got that SFxT steve flavor.

Oh is that my first set with Mika? The one where I warm up and proceed to beat you in the next set and then you left after barely going 5-4? And we both know it's just you lagging. Idk what is you got or where you live but something's got to change. Lol at nash player complaining about lag against mika. When you're ready to keep playing instead of running every time you barely win. HMU. And don't worry I'm sure this thread thinks you're so cool and talented.

Listen I didn't want to do this but the people cannot be lied to any longer exhibit a

Literally the ugliest match I've ever seen. I'm getting hit by raw jump ins for no reason, generally zero antiairs, I'm teching when you're in the air, I'm apparently trying to antiair with low forward at one point, i'm punishing with grabs, you won't stop mashing cr. hp and i get hit by two random armors ... what the. I was scared for my life by the end.

Antiaired every single time. Whiff punishes. Half the time you only managed hit me cause I "dropped" bnbs I've done a thousand times.

You can't see the lag in replays, but man was it bad sometimes and "coincidentally", cushun managed to scrub some games in these moments. It's tough against lag Mika, but his Fang is lucky to get a single game even in these conditions. I rarely play Nash now anyway

Last edited:
Just a reminder of what might be coming with Urien when he releases:

You ain't escaping setplay, TYM. :joker:
Oh hell no I just watched from 2:26-2:38.

EDIT: My Predictions are going to be right. With the exception of Alex, I was guessing that every DLC character will beat Gief.

vicious1024

Does it matter?
Just a reminder of what might be coming with Urien when he releases:

You ain't escaping setplay, TYM. :joker:
LOL!

Won't have to deal with 3 Reflectors in ~20, though.

I feel like his V-Trigger will be 3 bars and probably be his Aegis Reflector.