What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Tweedy

Noob
Eventhubs seems to be horrible for fighting games. All of their MKX tier lists have been so bad, that I've seen. If they have Guile in the top 3, I wouldn't be surprised.

You have said Necalli and Ken are mid tier. That alone means you have 0 credibility, a lack of understanding of how to play SFV and that you may not even own a copy of the game
S Ryu, Chun

A Nash, Karin, Vega

A- Ken, Necalli, Mika, Cammy

B+ Birdie, Bison, Alex, Guile, Laura, Sim

B Rashid, Fang

C Gief

That's my personal opinion of the tiers. Only ones in order are S and A, rest are interchangeable. So I put Ken/Necalli outside top 5 but in top 10. In a game with 18 characters I think that's fine to call mid tier(if you wanna get super technical we can call it upper mid tier).

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
S Ryu, Chun

A Nash, Karin, Vega

B Rashid, Fang

C Gief

That's my personal opinion of the tiers. Only ones in order are S and A, rest are interchangeable. So I put Ken/Necalli outside top 5 but in top 10. In a game with 18 characters I think that's fine to call mid tier(if you wanna get super technical we can call it upper mid tier).
Combo fiend said Ken is the best. I'll take his credentials over yours any day.

Combo fiend said Ken is the best. I'll take his credentials over yours any day.
well I think he's wrong, kens too unsafe and his normals are kinda whack. A tier list doesn't count player skill/reactions so Ken should theoretically be getting punished for every run cancel and lose his turn on every back strong. Ken is getting away with murder because it's a new game and he has unique mechanics. If any character in this game is going to drop on people tier lists over time with no changes its Ken. Guaranteed. And for the record he only said that after momochi won with Ken, before it he said chun and Ryu.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
No. He said that long after. He said it on CPT episode and it has nothing to do with who won what tournament. He listed specific tools on why he thinks he's the best. You're just spewing nonsense. You're acting like a know it all and it's not a good look.

No. He said that long after. He said it on CPT episode and it has nothing to do with who won what tournament. He listed specific tools on why he thinks he's the best. You're just spewing nonsense. You're acting like a know it all and it's not a good look.
yeah I watch cpt too and I saw it lol. It was literally the week after momochis first win and the tools he cited were his invincible reversal, his high dmg, and his ability to close distances. His reversal is the same or worse than ryus and chuns, his dmg is lower than ryus, and his run is unsafe. Not to mention his normals have slightly below average frame data(his best being his 4 frame back strong but it's negative). He's a mind game character that works because of player skill not the objective strength of his tools.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
yeah I watch cpt too and I saw it lol. It was literally the week after momochis first win and the tools he cited were his invincible reversal, his high dmg, and his ability to close distances. His reversal is the same or worse than ryus and chuns, his dmg is lower than ryus, and his run is unsafe. Not to mention his normals have slightly below average frame data(his best being his 4 frame back strong but it's negative). He's a mind game character that works because of player skill not the objective strength of his tools.
Sigh** I'm done Peace

Si

Sigh** I'm done Peace
is this Myles second account? You say stuff and then don't even try to make any points. If you disagree with what I'm saying state why. Or would you prefer I link you to f champs tier list which has Ken at 4-5.

Tiers are always going to have variance among players/personalities/whoever. The worst thing you can do in this case(or any other case) is assume someone is right simply because they're better than you. Think for yourself man.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
if i could actually see anything that was happening while playing in cushun's connection then the sets would be like this everytime guaranteed

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I use the shotos in this game and both have great strengths. I do believe Ryu edges him (Ken) out though. Being safe is paramount for me, plus Ryu has a disgusting Oki game

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
hey @Rip Torn what's the low down on rashid canceling into his projectile type of pressure? And is there any other gimmicks i'm getting hokeydoked by here. Try to ignore my garbage play btw i know just about nothing when im fighting rashid
Whirlwind shot pressure is pretty good in the corner, but he can't really loop it or anything.
LK whirlwind shot hits once and is -7 on block. No gap when cancelled into.
MK whirlwind shot hits twice and is -4 on block. Small gap when cancelled into.
HK whirlwind shot hits 3 times and it's +1 on block. Huge gap when cancelled into(you can jab to punish).
EX whirlwind shot hits 3 times and is +6 on block. No gap when cancelled into.

The HK and EX version can be cancelled into his V-skill roll or wahoo jump thing. If he does the roll midscreen, the last tornado will whiff, so he's not at advantage. Maybe -1. In the corner, he's heavy plus if he cancels EX whirwind into v-skill, so respek.

You missed alot of punishes in that set. A couple times he baited your flash kick nicely, but other times you were just slow to react with HP cc or maybe a crouching MP to punish LK whirlwind shot.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
S Ryu, Chun

A Nash, Karin, Vega

B Rashid, Fang

C Gief

this list is actually a pretty decent one

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Barely survive the SFV corner game then try to start something yourself only to have your normal V-Reversal punished and be thrown back in the same situation.

Even NRS don't punish you for hitting your opponent

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Whirlwind shot pressure is pretty good in the corner, but he can't really loop it or anything.
LK whirlwind shot hits once and is -7 on block. No gap when cancelled into.
MK whirlwind shot hits twice and is -4 on block. Small gap when cancelled into.
HK whirlwind shot hits 3 times and it's +1 on block. Huge gap when cancelled into(you can jab to punish).
EX whirlwind shot hits 3 times and is +6 on block. No gap when cancelled into.

The HK and EX version can be cancelled into his V-skill roll or wahoo jump thing. If he does the roll midscreen, the last tornado will whiff, so he's not at advantage. Maybe -1. In the corner, he's heavy plus if he cancels EX whirwind into v-skill, so respek.

You missed alot of punishes in that set. A couple times he baited your flash kick nicely, but other times you were just slow to react with HP cc or maybe a crouching MP to punish LK whirlwind shot.
Ok do basically flash kick his whirlwhind pressure everytime since it's not a blockstring unless light. I feel like that's a pretty free option for Guile. Thanks and yeah I just couldnt seem to cc his dp lol idk i i probably wouldve won if I did it at least once.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
CALLING ALL GUILES

I play Zangief. I am rather new to SFV. I need to learn this MU to the best of my ability. My PSN is ArmedCalf. Come punish me, I swear asking for this MU should be classified as some sort of BDSM type shit.

CALLING ALL GUILES

I play Zangief. I am rather new to SFV. I need to learn this MU to the best of my ability. My PSN is ArmedCalf. Come punish me, I swear asking for this MU should be classified as some sort of BDSM type shit.
Good luck bro, I am crazy at time but not that crazy lol