What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yeah that was Aegis, it was already out.

Ok. I missed where it hit more than once.
He's cooler than Urien right now unless Capcom is still workshopping the animation of him gloriously bursting out of his suit.

If Urien ain't in a thong, he's basically garbage to me.

Gotta get nekkid
I'm sure he'll have a thong alt. Maybe. Depends on how "offensive" capcom is willing to get.

Not sure how I feel about Urien's new voice. The old one was menacing, but a little ridiculous also, but this new one doesn't feel menacing enough judging from that one sound clip. Too early to tell yet.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Ok. I missed where it hit more than once.

I'm sure he'll have a thong alt. Maybe. Depends on how "offensive" capcom is willing to get.
Well we have Mika with her tits and 99% bare ass cheeks constantly hanging out and everything about Laura's Bonita costume, I think they aren't afraid to go there.

Also it's not the same if he doesn't burst out of his clothes at the start of the fight.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!

new blog post...
SFV: Balrog to be included with Ibuki and the Cinematic Story Mode Update

Hello again, Street Fighters! We have a ton of new information to share with you today regarding the latest update to Street Fighter V! As many of you may have seen last night during CPT Premier Event CEO2016, Balrog will also be released with this update alongside Ibuki and the Cinematic Story Mode! The update will go live in all territories on July 1st at 00:00 (midnight) PST after the scheduled server maintenance is complete, which starts on June 30th at 14:00 PST

That’s not all though! We have even more content lined up for this release including additional costumes and new stages, so hit the jump to find out more.

Balrog is one of the most iconic characters in Street Fighter history, first appearing as one of the Four Kings of Shadaloo in Street Fighter II as a boss character. He’s always been one of the most vicious characters to ever appear in the series, using his devastating boxing style to knock out his opponents.

Before joining Shadaloo and moving his way up in the ranks to become one of M. Bison’s highest ranking officers, he was one of the greatest boxing champions of his time. His style of boxing, which uses illegal techniques such as head-butting, eventually got him banned from competing due to causing extreme harm to his opponents. In short, Balrog will do whatever it takes to win a fight and with the end goal always being to obtain more wealth.

Outside of Street Fighter II, he also appeared in Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Street Fighter IV, not to mention various cross-over titles such as Capcom vs SNK and Street Fighter X Tekken.

Balrog in Street Fighter V still remains as one of Shadaloo’s top enforcers, working alongside M. Bison, F.A.N.G and Vega. Be sure to check out his Character Story and of course the Cinematic Story Mode to see what sort of trouble he gets himself into this time around.

His playstyle in Street Fighter V puts the focus on his devastating punches, and with the use of his V-Trigger, he can chain these attacks together to deal serious damage. He also has a few cheap attacks up his sleeve to keep the fight in his favor, so don’t let your guard down for a moment!

V-Skill: KKB

A unique move that twirls his body while moving forward. While activated, you can dodge projectiles as well as string together attacks. You can even activate KKB before a special hits you, allowing you to be a technical inside fighter.

V-Trigger: Crazy Rush

A chance to be the aggressor when activated! Steam rises from his body and allows you to string together specials like Charging Buffalo and Bursting Buffalo.

Critical Art: Gigaton Blow
Unleash the fury from your fist with this simple, yet destructive critical art. It can be connected with various moves. Make sure to include it in your combos.

New Stages and Costumes

To ensure this release packs an even bigger punch, Balrog’s story costume and premium battle costume will become available on 7/1, as well as a revival of the classic Las Vegas stage from Street Fighter II! The streets are lined with neon signs as you are cheered on by a fired up crowd.

All of you probably saw the teaser we released for both Juri and Urien as part of the Balrog trailer. While they aren’t ready for official release just yet, they will be playable in the Cinematic Story Mode, and we wanted to share their official artwork showcasing their designs. As you can see, they have a brand new look with Urien in a high-end suit and Juri in a biker outfit. Updates on their playstyles will be coming soon!

That’s not all either. This summer, Street Fighter V is about to heat up! The Kanzuki Family Private Beach will now be available as an all new battle stage. This will also be released with the update on 7/1 and can be purchased for 70,000 fight money. Also, Karin’s premium summer costume will be available to purchase as part of this latest update. These can both be purchased from the PS Store and Steam for $3.99 / €3.99 / £3.29.

As a reminder, all character Battle Costumes will be available for purchase on July 1st through both the PS Store and Steam.
As always, thanks to all our fans for the continued support. We’re committed to making Street Fighter V the best in the series and value everyone’s feedback as we continue to update the game. We’re eager to hear what you think of the Cinematic Story Mode and all the additional content included with this update coming later this week.

Until then, follow us on Twitter @StreetFighter for the latest news and updates.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Anyone feel like Infiltration threw the match a little bit. Tokido definitely won it. And it could be just that tokido simply made adjustments and infiltration didn't. But that match just seemed odd for infiltration.

Well we have Mika with her tits and 99% bare ass cheeks constantly hanging out and everything about Laura's Bonita costume, I think they aren't afraid to go there.

Also it's not the same if he doesn't burst out of his clothes at the start of the fight.
Yeah but remember that they altered camera angles. And there was "backlash" on some costumes. It's a toss up either way. Either nostalgia and they give him his old costume. Maybe even as v-trigger activation. Or we never see his cloth hammock again.:eek:
Now that they made Juri all sexy for SFV everyone is going to be coming to my character and expecting me to pioneer the tech
Believe it or not, ridiculous complaining was done by scrubs long before you came along. And Juri has always wore seductive clothing. So wtf are you even talking about.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'm just saying that the sex appeal has been upped universally with every character. It's clear now that the thirst for these characters is a segue to distract people from the poor gameplay
What are you talking about. Juri and Ibuki are the only returning characters with differnet costumes. And Juri went from skin showing and baggy pants to a skin tight bodysuit. She's always been the evil sexy character. Ibuki is wearing a school uniform and shin guards.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
juri is definitely less sexy in 5. Also I give it 30 minutes before you start whining about how juri sucks.
F.A.N.G is rock bottom in this game. Dlc characters coming out are complete which means it isn't possible for any of them to be worse than beta F.A.N.G. Capcom were experimenting with DoT properties and ended up with low combo dmg, limited combo potential, no meaty pressure and zero affect from the poison that is meant to be compensating for all of this

Haven't even touched on this character having +1s in pressure without a 3f normal and projectiles/traps that are just there, because most characters shut them down the moment they have 1 meter

What are you talking about. Juri and Ibuki are the only returning characters with differnet costumes. And Juri went from skin showing and baggy pants to a skin tight bodysuit. She's always been the evil sexy character. Ibuki is wearing a school uniform and shin guards.
I wasn't talking exclusively about dlc characters

F.A.N.G is rock bottom in this game. Dlc characters coming out are complete which means it isn't possible for any of them to be worse than beta F.A.N.G. Capcom were experimenting with DoT properties and ended up with low combo dmg, limited combo potential, no meaty pressure and zero affect from the poison that is meant to be compensating for all of this

Haven't even touched on this character having +1s in pressure without a 3f normal and projectiles/traps that are just there, because most characters shut them down the moment they have 1 meter

I wasn't talking exclusively about dlc characters
Are you going to be using Ibuki or juri?

vicious1024

Does it matter?
Anyone feel like Infiltration threw the match a little bit. Tokido definitely won it. And it could be just that tokido simply made adjustments and infiltration didn't. But that match just seemed odd for infiltratiion.
Doubt it. I can't think of what his motive would be for throwing the set.

I feel he was being overwhelmed and his go-to escape options were being shut down. Tokido seemed like he had an answer to everything, and probably discouraged Infiltration from playing like himself.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

Again blowing F.A.N.G.'s problems out of proportion. He has meaty pressure. Just not as much as other characters. It's like complaing about Dhalsim's meaty pressure. Both characters aren't meant to have crazy pressure off of any knockdown. They both work in specific situations.

To complain a character can spend meter to get around (not best, destroy or even invalidate a move) is silly. That's a plus for F.A.N.G. And most if not all of those moves beat other things too. I guess all those other characters should complain too. The whole cast.

The biggest buff he needs is a damage buff and better damage opportunities and combo paths. That with some slight fixes and he'll be in a good spot. The dude got good normals, good anti airs, a poison projectile that ignores everything and a v-trigger that hurts the opponent for just being too close. He's got pretty powerful tools so it's no surprise he starts out a little weak. Still capable just not as capable as some other characters.

wasn't talking exclusively about dlc characters
"Juri and ibuki are the only returning characters with a change of costume" means base roster is included too. So I'm still confused what you're talking about.