What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Thing is, if you're talking about passion press on reaction to f.HP or v-skill, he's got a bunch of other buttons he could press at that range. So I wouldn't say he shouldn't at least use f.HP sometimes, though v-skill is a more risky read. And Zangief definitely had the normals to make getting in a complete chore. Mika doesn't have some "in" she could just use. And to say Mika doesn't have to use command grabs is wrong when Zangief can punish f.HP with wakeup v-skill. Or even just block. There's still a whole mind game at play on wakeup. Just thinking that alone could lead you to eat 3 command grabs in a row.

No one be scared @bdizzle2700 rank. It's a hoax. It's only cause of online shenanigans and baby's first anti air.
gief can't punish f.hp with vskill or block to get out. V skill has 25 frames of recovery fhp is like 12-15. Also it's +3 on block so even blocking it can be scary, you're still in the blender either way.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
No one be scared @bdizzle2700 rank. It's a hoax. It's only cause of online shenanigans and baby's first anti air.[/QUOTE]
Wuut lol true. Very true.even with babys first aa its not like jumping all over the place is a good idea though :( lol

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Off topic:
Wow, I have you on my Steam friends list. Did I give you an SFV beta code for beta 4, back then through reddit maybe?

LOL small world if it is so...
I think I got you added from MKx. If you're playing SFV add CM_BUYACUSHUN.

gief can't punish f.hp with vskill or block to get out. V skill has 25 frames of recovery fhp is like 12-15. Also it's +3 on block so even blocking it can be scary, you're still in the blender either way.
Is that full v-skill or just tapping it? I always thought tap v-skill spd was s a viable strategy for gief. Seemed so fitting. I think he should get the ability to cancel into SPD. Doesn't mess with the frames and gives him a very fitting SPD path. Plus that shit would be dope. Never said you're safe after blocking f.HP. Just I don't like statements saying "mika doesn't even need command grabs". Cause that's like her whole idea. Block cause of plus on block CC. Instead get grabbed on wakeup.

Wuut lol true. Very true.even with babys first aa its not like jumping all over the place is a good idea though :( lol
Can't even quote right. To busy canceling into shenanigans.

Last edited:

Is that full v-skill or just tapping it? I always thought tap v-skill spd was s a viable strategy for gief. Seemed so fitting. I think he should get the ability to cancel into SPD. Doesn't mess with the frames and gives him a very fitting SPD path. Plus that shit would be dope. Never said you're safe after blocking f.HP. Just I don't like statements saying "mika doesn't even need command grabs". Cause that's like her whole idea. Block cause of plus on block CC. Instead get grabbed on wakeup.

25 is the minimum.

SPD after V-skill is only guaranteed on long recovery moves like Dropkick

Last edited:

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh

Even if Gief taps it, the hitstop is gonna be so great, he won't be able to move until Mika has already recovered...
Which mu?
Gief vs Mika

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
25 is the minimum.
SPD after V-skill is only guaranteed on long recovery moves like Dropkick
Might just be me liking crazier stuff, but I would like tap v-skill into SPD be a thing for Zangief.

Even if Gief taps it, the hitstop is gonna be so great, he won't be able to move until Mika has already recovered...

Gief vs Mika
Is there hitstop on armored hits? And did you mean mika can use f.MP to beat Zangief HP from afar too? I didn't realize his v-skill wasn't as useful. But I still don't think mika bodies zangief. I think it's a struggle either way to get oki going.

Might just be me liking crazier stuff, but I would like tap v-skill into SPD be a thing for Zangief.

Is there hitstop on armored hits? And did you mean mika can use f.MP to beat Zangief HP from afar too? I didn't realize his v-skill wasn't as useful. But I still don't think mika bodies zangief. I think it's a struggle either way to get oki going.
f.mp is the whip right?

Well finally hit Super Gold with Gief. Went Alex but just had to go back lol. At 5800 and still climbing. Need to get in matches with people on here, I'm lacking experience with half the cast.

Aramonde

Noob
Ugh, there's a part of me that wants to just play Chun-Li but I can't bring myself to not play Guile. I love him too much.
This is me as well. I dont like charge characters but Guile is my all time favorite SF character so i have to use him. I should be using someone easier since im learning SF.

I know that doesn't make any since but its how i am. XD

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
If you hit Gief while he is charging HP or Flexing with that, it will throw him out of that.
Yeah but I was asking if if you release the punch. I know I can hit it right before contact mid punch but can I do it at any range? Not like you'll always do it next to me.