What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
SFV gief looks like the least amount of fun I can imagine in a fighter. Prepatch Goro was more equipped

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
This new rating system is fun.

And people said Gief wrecked Mika lol
Idk about wrecked but better buttons, armor (everything she'll do is not invincible and hits once. Idr if cr.HP beats Big O punch but I'd still have to be pretty close), longer range on command grab makes it pretty much a scary ass effort to fight Zangief. You getting 3 V reversals to my two and one time V-trigger is also pretty good. (I think I should be able to beat it off of a cr.HP cancel.) Remember people said Sagat wrecks Hugo. And Bonchan vs Alex Valle happened.

JJvercetti

Warrior
This new rating system is fun.

Idk about wrecked but better buttons, armor (everything she'll do is not invincible and hits once. Idr if cr.HP beats Big O punch but I'd still have to be pretty close), longer range on command grab makes it pretty much a scary ass effort to fight Zangief. You getting 3 V reversals to my two and one time V-trigger is also pretty good. (I think I should be able to beat it off of a cr.HP cancel.) Remember people said Sagat wrecks Hugo. And Bonchan vs Alex Valle happened.
I think Giefs trigger is useless in this matchup (extra damage is great but reversal is much better) It is scary fighting gief but you have to remember Mika does not have to use any heavy attacks so that would render the armor useless (even though armor is 1 frame startup, it will be -6 on absorbing any hit unless you go for the flex ending which is not possible) the good thing is that her armor ex peach is not instant and Giefs ex is throw immune.
If he can keep her at the HP range then it will be better for him but she will get in eventually.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Lol smh at the last sentence about Sagat Hugo
What? Did peoe not think Sagat wrecked Hugo. Or did the match between Bonchan and Alex Valle never happen? You should try having a conversation instead of saying little high school level remarks.

I think Giefs trigger is useless in this matchup (extra damage is great but reversal is much better) It is scary fighting gief but you have to remember Mika does not have to use any heavy attacks so that would render the armor useless (even though armor is 1 frame startup, it will be -6 on absorbing any hit unless you go for the flex ending which is not possible) the good thing is that her armor ex peach is not instant and Giefs ex is throw immune.
If he can keep her at the HP range then it will be better for him but she will get in eventually.
Not that Mika has some crazy hard time against Zangief. But I'd say since he has the better buttons and an easy anti air forcing her to take risks he gets at least a slight advantage. Yeah I agree v-reversal is better. When I talked about armor I was specifically talking about f.HP (or is that just regular Heavy Punch) That wouldn't be rendered useless by Mika not using heavy buttons. I forgot about ex spd being throw immune. That read makes me so salty. Why only HP range? I mean MK, cr.LP, LP, cr.MK maybe cr.MP seem good too.

FL Rushdown

Champion
What? Did peoe not think Sagat wrecked Hugo. Or did the match between Bonchan and Alex Valle never happen? You should try having a conversation instead of saying little high school level remarks.

Not that Mika has some crazy hard time against Zangief. But I'd say since he has the better buttons and an easy anti air forcing her to take risks he gets at least a slight advantage. Yeah I agree v-reversal is better. When I talked about armor I was specifically talking about f.HP (or is that just regular Heavy Punch) That wouldn't be rendered useless by Mika not using heavy buttons. I forgot about ex spd being throw immune. That read makes me so salty. Why only HP range? I mean MK, cr.LP, LP, cr.MK maybe cr.MP seem good too.
sagat does wreck Hugo the matchup is garbage it's 6-4 at absolute best. Bonchan got outplayed, it happens.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Sagat had an advantage, but it wasn't wrecking levels.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
sagat does wreck Hugo the matchup is garbage it's 6-4 at absolute best. Bonchan got outplayed, it happens.
Which was my point. Since @JJvercetti brought up that he heard people say gief wrecked mika. Sometime MUs don't matter and it's the players that win or lose.

Sagat had an advantage, but it wasn't wrecking levels.
I thought it was on the same level as facing ryu, gouken and other zoners. Either way Sagat definitely had the easier game plan.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I thought it was on the same level as facing ryu, gouken and other zoners. Either way Sagat definitely had the easier game plan.
Only Gouken and Juri gave him those kinds of problems. Sagat's limbs extend really far when doing tiger shots, so he could smack them with stMP or claps if he's in range either as they came out or before, or he could stHP and absorb the fireball and nail him. There was also jumping early. Also, crMKing under stHK was viable. Sagat had the advantage by simply having a strong zoning game, but it wasn't that extensive. Ryu wasn't as bad, either. Gouken and Juri had really quick fireballs on recovery, that also moved slowly, as well as angled fireballs that were difficult to jump. They didn't extend their limbs far, either. That's what made the difference.

JJvercetti

Warrior

Yeah it is just heavy punch, I think Mika can slide that on reaction (Only upper body invincible, not sure when armor starts but it is not instant) The reason I say the HP range is because all she can do in the neutral from that distance is slide. I think Gief can do ok if he can keep her at that range.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yeah it is just heavy punch, I think Mika can slide that on reaction (Only upper body invincible, not sure when armor starts but it is not instant) The reason I say the HP range is because all she can do in the neutral from that distance is slide. I think Gief can do ok if he can keep her at that range.
It's tough to slide on reaction since the slide doesn't actually go that far and has a pretty slow travel time. Next time we play let's get that MU in. I'm actually tired of the F.A.N.G. MU after that long crazy set we had.

Last edited: