What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
So why is Rashid bad? He really doesn't seem that bad to me but people are putting him just above Zangief
He doesn't do much damage. Most of his pressure/mixups are based on gimmicks. His zoning is meh and his footsies are ok from a certain distance but he lacks a good fast poke to deal with chun's, cammy's, Karin's, etc. He's fun to play though.

Rashid's frame data isn't great, his specials are all rather punishable in one way or another by most cast members, and (from what I can tell) he hasn't got a great many ways to safely confirm into big damage.

That said, I'd really like to learn him. I like how freely he can move compared to my other two characters (Gief and Bison), and I think he's quite charming as a character. I wanted to try Vega, but the claw switch is too much for me, so I find Rashid quite appealing.

Also, am I the only person who hears 'Thar she blows' during his theme? Apparently it's 'Rashido' but for the life of me I can't unhear 'that she blows'. I also can't unhear 'chorizo' when Guile does his flash kick.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Rashid isn't a sleeper, he's pretty bad. Not Zangief bad but bad. Most of his best offensive options are just gimmicks.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
At least Rashid has a 3f normal and a reversal so he can actually get off the ground. The fight doesn't end the moment Rashid gets hit through unknown means because you can't see anything unlike F.A.N.G

At least Rashid has a 3f normal and a reversal so he can actually get off the ground. The fight doesn't end the moment Rashid gets hit through unknown means because you can't see anything unlike F.A.N.G
how does having a 3 frame normal help anyone wake up? You just get meatied and lose 25-50% if you're pressing a button(the 1 frame faster startup doesn't make it invincible). It's a read either way.

how does having a 3 frame normal help anyone wake up? You just get meatied and lose 25-50% if you're pressing a button(the 1 frame faster startup doesn't make it invincible). It's a read either way.
They'll beat out walk up grabs and walk up blocks (they tend to have frame advantage) and are significantly less risk than an invincible wake up if blocked. Yes, it is a read.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I actually feel that F.A.N.G beats Rashid. Although Rashid has the 3f normal and reversal, there are other important areas that he lacks in. Mainly footsies and space control. F.A.N.G at least has some of that.

myri

Time Warrior
Any good guides for Laura out there that anyone knows about? Also how do you learn frame data in general in this game?

They'll beat out walk up grabs and walk up blocks (they tend to have frame advantage) and are significantly less risk than an invincible wake up if blocked. Yes, it is a read.
yes but a walk up grab isn't a wake up option. The 3 frame normal loses to the same moves a 4 frame normal does(on wake up with a setup). There's literally no advantage to having your move come out 1 frame faster since it's going to get stuffed anyway if they time the meaty right. I'm not arguing that 3 vs 4 frame moves don't matter to a character(they do) but in the situation presented its irrelevant. He just likes to whine like a bitch about fang in every post he makes even though fang is fine. All he needs(if anything) is slightly more dmg/stun to keep up with the rest of the cast.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
yes but a walk up grab isn't a wake up option. The 3 frame normal loses to the same moves a 4 frame normal does(on wake up with a setup). There's literally no advantage to having your move come out 1 frame faster since it's going to get stuffed anyway if they time the meaty right. I'm not arguing that 3 vs 4 frame moves don't matter to a character(they do) but in the situation presented its irrelevant. He just likes to whine like a bitch about fang in every post he makes even though fang is fine. All he needs(if anything) is slightly more dmg/stun to keep up with the rest of the cast.
And for sweep to either suction on hit or knockdown on the first hit. You can even score a no knockdown crush counter sweep since the second hit missed.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
He just likes to whine like a bitch about fang in every post he makes even though fang is fine. All he needs(if anything) is slightly more dmg/stun to keep up with the rest of the cast.
You said Ken was mid tier and now your saying F.A.N.G is fine. Can we swap versions of SFV please because your copy sounds so much better