What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Just watch this match, it unfortuneately defines the state of the game for me right now. Daigo, the greatest, most calculated fighter of all time, gets shit on by a button mashing Necalli just throwing out buttons, even the commentators have to call it like they see it.
Did you just call Haitani a button masher? A guy whose been dominating at the world level for over a decade? Really? Like, come on man. You praise daigo and then act like a guy whose been on or near his level for a long time is some random scrub beating him with jump in roundhouse into sweep.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Went 2-2 at Combo Breaker. Should have won the last match but dropped a combo. Got beat by a FANG and a Necalli.

I felt like I couldn't do anything against FANG. Plus frames everywhere and far reaching pokes. I never felt like I had the upper hand for 1 second in that match.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Went 2-2 at Combo Breaker. Should have won the last match but dropped a combo. Got beat by a FANG and a Necalli.

I felt like I couldn't do anything against FANG. Plus frames everywhere and far reaching pokes. I never felt like I had the upper hand for 1 second in that match.
If you want F.A.N.G exp hit me up. only st.LP, st.LK, cr.MK, and coward kick are +2. st.HK and I think cr.LP and cr.LK are +1. quickest normals are 4 frames. If a F.A.N.G knows his spaces and has a good flow in neutral it can feel overwhelming. Especially if he manages to tack on poison whenever possible.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion

Who were you using?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Who were you using?
Rashid.

If you want F.A.N.G exp hit me up. only st.LP, st.LK, cr.MK, and coward kick are +2. st.HK and I think cr.LP and cr.LK are +1. quickest normals are 4 frames. If a F.A.N.G knows his spaces and has a good flow in neutral it can feel overwhelming. Especially if he manages to tack on poison whenever possible.
Thanks, I will definitely hit you up one of these days.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I think tbis game is just starting to get to me, everyones playstyle looks exactly the same, footsies consist of just throwing out buttons at roughly max range, plus on block crush counters, 50% EZ mode combos off jump ins, unreactable dashes, extra offline input lag, terrible online lag. This game has just been simplified to the point that Im playing rock paper scissors more than im playing street fighter and when I see high level play its the same shit

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I think tbis game is just starting to get to me, everyones playstyle looks exactly the same, footsies consist of just throwing out buttons at roughly max range, plus on block crush counters, 50% EZ mode combos off jump ins, unreactable dashes, extra offline input lag, terrible online lag. This game has just been simplified to the point that Im playing rock paper scissors more than im playing street fighter and when I see high level play its the same shit
Plus on block crush counters? Outside of Bison, that's not a thing...

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Watched the SFV Crash last night. Looks like players caught up with Infiltration now since he went 0-2.

Kens crush counters on block are -3,-4,-9, and -12.

Karins are -4,-8, and -14.

Chuns are -2, -12, +2(back fierce which is minimal dmg/range).

Birdie 0,-11,-7.

Ryu -1,-1,-11

Necalli -2,-4,-4,-10.(same in v trigger).

Nash -5,-12,-13.

Fang -2,-12.

Sim -5,-12,-8.

Alex -4,-12, +3(lariat, really only viable on wake up//blocked jump ins because of startup.

Bison +3, +1, -12, -5.

Rashid 0,-2,-2,-12.

Gief -4/+2, -2, -10.

Not seeing a whole lot of plus frame crush counters here.

Last edited:

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Lol what happened in the past month? When I was playing people were saying this game requires fundamentals and patience but now all I'm seeing is "this game is scrubby".

Is this just salt from bad players or has the meta changed? I'm going with the former.

Lol what happened in the past month? When I was playing people were saying this game requires fundamentals and patience but now all I'm seeing is "this game is scrubby".

Is this just salt from bad players or has the meta changed? I'm going with the former.
People are just salty. They talk about 8 frames of lag like the 3 extra frames is why they can't react to a 40 frame jump in.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I guess theres no way to legitimately criticize a fighting games shortcomings without being labeled a scrub lol

Kens crush counters on block are -3,-4,-9, and -12.

Karins are -4,-8, and -14.

Chuns are -2, -12, +2(back fierce which is minimal dmg/range).

Birdie 0,-11,-7.

Ryu -1,-1,-11

Necalli -2,-4,-4,-10.(same in v trigger).

Nash -5,-12,-13.

Fang -2,-12.

Sim -5,-12,-8.

Alex -4,-12, +3(lariat, really only viable on wake up//blocked jump ins because of startup.

Bison +3, +1, -12, -5.

Rashid 0,-2,-2,-12.

Gief -4/+2, -2, -10.

Not seeing a whole lot of plus frame crush counters here.
Can I ask where you are getting your frame data from?

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
It's not surprising - people around here are always looking for something to blame their losses on. NRS players especially love blaming the game.
This thread https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/4kk55q/sfv_fucking_sucks/ covers the issues everyone has with the game

People are just salty. They talk about 8 frames of lag like the 3 extra frames is why they can't react to a 40 frame jump in.
Why are you defending this game so hard. If anti-airs are so easy and reliable why are we watching top level japanese players not anti-air with characters that have a dragonpunch in tournaments?

If NRS put out a game like this it would be destroyed

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I guess theres no way to legitimately criticize a fighting games shortcomings without being labeled a scrub lol
When you criticize by trying to make a player like Haitani seem like a scrub compared to Daigo. Complain about plus on block crush counters when only bison has viable ones he can use in neutral. And it's only been a few months. It looks silly.

You can have legitimate complaints about the game. The way I believe F.A.N.G could use some buffs. And that the game speed should be faster. The latter being more of a preference thing.

Point being there are plenty of complaints that just seem like salt talking.