What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
not only does fang have even matchups he probably even has a few winning matchups.
It's too hard for F.A.N.G to handle zangief's slow speed and his one armor point moves. His range, space control, and being able to damage you without touching you is just incapable of winning any matches in a game all about careful use of buttons.

Something tells me that sonicfox has been in intensive SF V training lately, but SF is so different than Mk, I'm glad he can see how wonderful this game is. Daigo seems to have not adapted still and we all know he trains his ass off, anyways I'd be happy to just be able to attend a tourney!
Maybe. But I still believe he won't be making waves if he's putting more time in MKx. There's a whole community of people who've been playing these type of games for at least a decade. Really interested to see if he sticks with F.A.N.G. He picked the one of the hardest characters if he wanted to get in to SF.

Last edited:
Something tells me that sonicfox has been in intensive SF V training lately, but SF is so different than Mk, I'm glad he can see how wonderful this game is. Daigo seems to have not adapted still and we all know he trains his ass off, anyways I'd be happy to just be able to attend a tourney!
didnt daigo get top 8 at the only tournament he went to? Can't really say he hasn't adapted.

It's too hard for F.A.N.G to handle zangief's slow speed and his one armor point moves. His range, space control, and being able to damage you without touching you is just incapable of winning any matches in a game all about careful use of buttons.

Maybe. But I still believe he won't be making waves if he's putting more time in MKx. There's a whole community of people who've been playing these type of games for at least a decade. Really interested to see if he sticks with F.A.N.G. He picked the one of the hardest characters if he wanted to get in to SF.
I agree.

didnt daigo get top 8 at the only tournament he went to? Can't really say he hasn't adapted.
Can't say he hasn't attended more tourneys because of that but yea by adapted I meant him stating that he's interested in playing his style in SF V even if he doesn't win.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
so somebody ask cushun what it feels like to lose the quickest 5-0 set against me rn

someone pls beat me i want to know what it feels like once

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
so somebody ask cushun what it feels like to lose the quickest 5-0 set against me rn

someone pls beat me i want to know what it feels like once
No mention of the lag? That plus scrubby nash tactics while in I'm here trying to play skillful with F.A.N.G. Shazzy you try to hard man. Everyone can tell you would lose any offline match you had.

Tweedy

Noob
The difference between online play and offline tournaments is so apparent. I know it's obvious but this tournament got me thinking. Du lost to sonicfox a couple days ago yet he's in the top 8 winners finals, and sonicfox is tied at 25th place with like 8 other people. Daigo beat the #1 online player convincingly yet was outplayed graciously by Haitani.
To be fair Sonic beat Du at Final Round.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
No mention of the lag? That plus scrubby nash tactics while in I'm here trying to play skillful with F.A.N.G. Shazzy you try to hard man. Everyone can tell you would lose any offline match you had.
there wasn't unusual lag in the first set, probably because i mopped it up so quick you couldnt flip the switch in time

hold the l or i'll make qwark roast you again again

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
there wasn't unusual lag in the first set, probably because i mopped it up so quick you couldnt flip the switch in time

hold the l or i'll make qwark roast you again again
Still lagged. And with SFV's input delay and Capcom making NAsh have the most confusing animations you got an easy set. But don't act like I wasn't taking rounds or winning at all. You know better than that.
What is 'getting Mika'd'?
It's when people get outplayed so they have to deal with Mika's strike/Throw mixup then because they're never right, they lose. Lot of salt because Mika's is the easiest form of the grappler mixup. Only hindered by her weakness in the neutral game. Which is typical Capcom design philosophy.

Watching Fox get wrecked by that Mika made me turn off SFV lol. That was stupid.
Case in point. Note that the salt can be felt even when not being the player getting bopped.