What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Does anybody have any idea why the following is happening?

If I release crouch block after the first hit of Guile's sweep, the second hit will hit me, but if I mash a jab (3 or 4 frames) or an invincible reversal (a dp for argument's sake) my character remains in block stun.

What am I missing here? Is the window to punish in the gap really strict or can't it be done? I even tested it with Zangief's v skill which is 1 frame start up and even that never came out.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
does anyone play vega here?

Does anybody have any idea why the following is happening?

If I release crouch block after the first hit of Guile's sweep, the second hit will hit me, but if I mash a jab (3 or 4 frames) or an invincible reversal (a dp for argument's sake) my character remains in block stun.

What am I missing here? Is the window to punish in the gap really strict or can't it be done? I even tested it with Zangief's v skill which is 1 frame start up and even that never came out.
it's a blockstring and a double low so you're getting hit standing

does anyone play vega here?

it's a blockstring and a double low so you're getting hit standing
If it was a true block string I would be able to release block after the first hit and remain blocking, but that doesn't happen. So it's not a true block string, but you also can't interupt it. I tested this in training mode before posting it, it's not me misunderstanding something mid match.

It's not even an issue as blocking the second hit makes it easily punishable anyway. It just seems inconsistent.

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
If it was a true block string I would be able to release block after the first hit and remain blocking, but that doesn't happen. So it's not a true block string, but you also can't interupt it. I tested this in training mode before posting it, it's not me misunderstanding something mid match.

It's not even an issue as blocking the second hit makes it easily punishable anyway. It just seems inconsistent.

relaeasing block means going neutral = standing, youre stand blocking a potential block string and just getting hit by the low

ya youre in block stun but you still have to choose to block high or low

Last edited:

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
I stopped talking about how bad this character was and somehow I've been baited back into talking about this blank slot on the character select screen again. The character has been released in an unplayable form for the first year, there's nothing else to it
so stop giving myles attention, really, just stop indulging him already
F.A.N.G can actually get a decent amount of damage off an anti-air. More than most characters.
The endless cycle continues..
For all to see how much FANG SUCKS or doesn't LOL' - SONIC FOX is streaming live RANK FANG SFV matches....
https://www.twitch.tv/zsonicfox

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
i just realized that idek fang's frame data and cushun still can't get a round off me

hmmm interesting
I can't get a round off you? LOL My dude you realize when you're on the ground and can't move and my character starts celebrating, that's me winning a round.

As for Myles, I get bored and like talking about how much better I am with F.A.N.G. He's so ridiculous how could you not love him. Like a steve urkel of Fighting games.

And no one baited you Myles. You just can't help but let everyone know you're bad.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
So Fox just bodied KnucleDu's Nash with FANG. But I guess FANG sucks and shouldn't even be in the game because he has no chance of winning.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
So Fox just bodied KnucleDu's Nash with FANG. But I guess FANG sucks and shouldn't even be in the game because he has no chance of winning.
When SnakeEyez was going to WNF he was winning with Zangief. Does that suddenly mean Zangief isn't bottom 2 and absolute trash in this game? I watched the set and F.A.N.G didn't win, SonicFox won; had he been using a functional character it would have been 10-0

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
So Sonic beat Alex Valle and Nucledu today. Maybe the capcom community should come play a real game like MKXL. That capcom logic tho.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Knuckledu doesn't know the F.A.N.G MU. I doubt many people do. There are like 3 F.A.N.Gs with any talent and one of them is in another country. And we all know the FGC doesn't like actually studying MUs until after they lost the tournament.

Knuckledu doesn't know the F.A.N.G MU. I doubt many people do. There are like 3 F.A.N.Gs with any talent and one of them is in another country. And we all know the FGC doesn't like actually studying MUs until after they lost the tournament.
Yea, don't really mean much unless you win or place top spots on tournaments. I believe Daigo beat the #1 online ranked SF V player but I doubt he'd win a major right now. Like I doubt the #1 ranked guy would either. A lot of people think Daigo's just an online warrior now because he does good in online streams but fails in tournaments, I don't know man I really wanted him to win a tourney but like I said before, infiltration is a monster, Nash is monster, it's gonna be hard.
Ps. I want a Laura to place top 3 please.