What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
They can't put enough MK characters on a release roster to please everyone. Even if they had like 35 characters people would find some niché character to get all hype about.

But about Fujin. Fujin became a meme in MKX with people asking for him but I'm not sure he's very popular to be honest. That said, there's some good potential with his power set and design and I hope at least they have him in the story mode because with Dark Raiden this is a chance for Fujin to be more relevant then he has been in a decade. I really want to see Fujin comment on Raiden's change of personality after Shinnok.

D

Deleted member 59910

What am I supposed to be looking at?

Goro was launch dlc.
Shinnok was unlocked through story mode.
Then there was all the dlc and cyber Sub-Zero was a hidden charater in Triborg.

In MK9 it was the samething.

Injustice 1& 2 as well.

MK vs DC and so on.

Really now. Y'all need to chill. Why do you want to ruin the surprise? Ain't gonna make a difference. You'll still buy the game.
Guns down, sir. The number of character never changed. I'm not complaining, my main is in and I would buy anyway. @Chuckyscookie asked for a visual proof! You need to chill.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
What am I supposed to be looking at?

Goro was launch dlc.
Shinnok was unlocked through story mode.
Then there was all the dlc and cyber Sub-Zero was a hidden charater in Triborg.

In MK9 it was the samething.

Injustice 1& 2 as well.

MK vs DC and so on.

Really now. Y'all need to chill. Why do you want to ruin the surprise? Ain't gonna make a difference. You'll still buy the game.
I didn't mean to target you personally, sorry if that came out that way. It's just that some people said the number changed for the past game, some said it didn't, and I didn't remember myself. So I wanted to know if anyone has actual visual confirmation of any side.

And I think most of the discussion here is pretty chilled. Again, sorry if it came off another way. We're not freaking out or trying to shit on the game, we're just trying to evaluate which options are realistic to hope for and which are not.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I didn't mean to target you personally, sorry if that came out that way. It's just that some people said the number changed for the past game, some said it didn't, and I didn't remember myself. So I wanted to know if anyone has actual visual confirmation of any side.

And I think most of the discussion here is pretty chilled. Again, sorry if it came off another way. We're not freaking out or trying to shit on the game, we're just trying to evaluate which options are realistic to hope for and which are not.
Ok... I am cool. I was just pointing out to the history of how they release a game and the roster and all that jazz.

I'm actually being nice by telling you this because just because there is 25 or 26 squares and a "supposed" leak of info doesn't mean shiiiiiiiittttttt. Beware of the trolling. There's been tons of "leaks" and posts and clickbait tricking people.

If I came across strong or mean then I apologise. I'm posting this on good faith and I'm glad everyone is excited.

I'm just saying this to soften the blow of what's to come by looking to what NRS has done in the past.

ALSO.... For what's to come.

Cheers.;)

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Ok... I am cool. I was just pointing out to the history of how they release a game and the roster and all that jazz.

I'm actually being nice by telling you this because just because there is 25 or 26 squares and a "supposed" leak of info doesn't mean shiiiiiiiittttttt. Beware of the trolling. There's been tons of "leaks" and posts and clickbait tricking people.

If I came across strong or mean then I apologise. I'm posting this on good faith and I'm glad everyone is excited.

I'm just saying this to soften the blow of what's to come by looking to what NRS has done in the past.

ALSO.... For what's to come.

Cheers.;)
All good, I was afraid we came off as mean towards you :D

I'm inclined to believe this leak because, unlike others, it's not someone coming forward saying the have something, but actual data from the game. So there's only two options, either the devs are trolling on purpose, or it's correct.

What's for certain is that the list isn't complete. We don't know everything, maybe there's more. And it's sure good to also have more positive opinions like yours :) All things considered I'm also hopeful for a good roster. Even if not much more comes on the base, there's still DLC, and I think they'll have some good choices. I think it'll end up a roster I like to play.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
All good, I was afraid we came off as mean towards you :D

I'm inclined to believe this leak because, unlike others, it's not someone coming forward saying the have something, but actual data from the game. So there's only two options, either the devs are trolling on purpose, or it's correct.

What's for certain is that the list isn't complete. We don't know everything, maybe there's more. And it's sure good to also have more positive opinions like yours :) All things considered I'm also hopeful for a good roster. Even if not much more comes on the base, there's still DLC, and I think they'll have some good choices. I think it'll end up a roster I like to play.
Good shit my dude.
Glad to hear. Also if your new to the site welcome. I am pretty chill and level headed most days so again I apologise.

Hopefully you'll like it here AND the game once it releases.

It is Mortal Kombat after all.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Good shit my dude.
Glad to hear. Also if your new to the site welcome. I am pretty chill and level headed most days so again I apologise.

Hopefully you'll like it here AND the game once it releases.

It is Mortal Kombat after all.
Really no need to apologize for anything. Yes I'm new, and I've felt very welcome so far :)

So back to topic, it seems like there's nothing new coming to the steam page. I've checked a few times, lowkey hoping there would be even more, but there's nothing :D

JDM

Noob
They can't put enough MK characters on a release roster to please everyone. Even if they had like 35 characters people would find some niché character to get all hype about.

But about Fujin. Fujin became a meme in MKX with people asking for him but I'm not sure he's very popular to be honest. That said, there's some good potential with his power set and design and I hope at least they have him in the story mode because with Dark Raiden this is a chance for Fujin to be more relevant then he has been in a decade. I really want to see Fujin comment on Raiden's change of personality after Shinnok.
This is such a copout tbh. If there were thirty characters even with the current confirmed characters they could make nearly everyone happy.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
I feel like he's indeed one of the most demanded. Hsu Hao or Meat are memes, but I think many people legitimately want Fujin. Maybe it's a meme for NRS because they'll never feature him again, who knows :D

I also agree he has more reasons than ever to be back. With Raien going a bit mad, it makes a lot of sense to have Fujin as a voice of reason to oppose him. With Liu Kang and Kung Lao still being Revenants, he's the best choice for that role.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Kol is a new character called the "Kollector", I remember one guy made a video about it but most people were skeptical. But yeah, pretty sure that's the one ;)

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Kol is a new character called the "Kollector", I remember one guy made a video about it but most people were skeptical. But yeah, pretty sure that's the one ;)
Do you still have the video? Was it this one:
?
The guy claimed to have the full roster, including the Kollector, but didn't have D'Vorah, who is confirmed, or Erron Black, who is semi-confirmed on there. I remember that the Kollector was also included in an earlier leak, so some speculated the dude from the video just copied it from there.

Does somebody still have the original leak featuring the Kollector? Might be worth looking at again.

Subby Z

Noob

Hopefully this posts correctly, but notice the spot where geras spot on the screen lies. Now my own speculation is that will NOT stay that way though I could be wrong. I believe another spot will be added above the top 2 and another two spots to the right and left respectively. These spots would complete the diamond formation they are going for with the select screen hence the “points” I was speaking of in my earlier post.

Now also for optimisms sake again, I saw someone mention that if Raiden and Rain were both on the roster then theoretically Raiden would have to have a different input that Rain. Rain has very few letters in his name to choose from hence why he could be the RAI. Raiden has more to work with. Someone mentioned he could be RDN which actually would not surprise me considering the whole roster was not leaked. If I’m not mistaken some confirmed characters (D’vorah i believe) were not in that list of leaked characters. So let’s not jump to conclusions. There could be 3 more spots as well as Rain actually being the RAI in question.

Last edited:

SenSx

Noob

Hopefully this posts correctly, but notice the spot where geras spot on the screen lies. Now my own speculation is that will NOT stay that way though I could be wrong. I believe another spot will be added above the top 2 and another two spots to the right and left respectively. These spots would complete the diamond formation they are going for with the select screen hence the “points” I was speaking of in my earlier post.

Now also for optimisms sake again, I saw someone mention that if Raiden and Rain were both on the roster then theoretically Raiden would have to have a different input that Rain. Rain has very few letters in his name to choose from hence why he could be the RAI. Raiden has more to work with. Someone mentioned he could be RDN which actually would not surprise me considering the whole roster was not leaked. If I’m not mistaken some confirmed characters (D’vorah i believe) were not in that list of leaked characters. So let’s not jump to conclusions. There could be 3 more spots as well as Rain actually being the RAI in question.
A diamond formation for the roster, that is actually clever, it could be refering to a grain of sand, symbolizing time, the thematic of this game.
But I don't know how it will fit with the DLC characters...

And no Dvorah is on the leak, but some obvious Klassics but unconfirmed are not like Kitana and Johnny Cage.
Anyway this leak only has 20 characters, so even if the roster is 25, it's not complete.

They probably managed to stop it before it was too late :/

Last edited:

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
No BS i think TER is something like TERRA as in a FERA/TORR. IF you look at thier ending shes becomes like Torr.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Yea there is no way Rain and Noob are out.
One of em is out cause there's no way they both make it in over shang tsung and right now there's only wiggle room left for 2 characters.

*edit*

I do thing rain and shang tsung are the final 2 characters btw. Rain or someone who looks just like him still in the menus. Shang isn't gonna skip out on 2 consecutive games.

SenSx

Noob
One of em is out cause there's no way they both make it in over shang tsung and right now there's only wiggle room left for 2 characters.

*edit*

I do thing rain and shang tsung are the final 2 characters btw. Rain or someone who looks just like him still in the menus. Shang isn't gonna skip out on 2 consecutive games.
I think people focus too much on the supposed remaining spots on the roster.
They'll find a way to put Rain, Noob and Shang.
They said there would be secret characters.
I can't imagine this game without one of them.