What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

What I've learned/heard from a few different people*:

Kollector is a real character. Friend was apprehensive about saying much more than that but he did let one thing slip that I don't wanna just flippantly throw out there (he's a cool guy and I respect him enough not to). I'll just say he's somewhat of a twist on a certain *type* of character that debuted in MK3.

CET (full name unknown, ends in N?) is a brand new female monsterish (non human) character. Through my own dumbass investigating and acknowledgement that Boon and co love taking mythologies of different cultures, I believe her name and possible visual style has something to do with Ceto of Greek Mythology. Considering Geras and Kronika are both names based in GM it makes sense to me. Release the Kraken!!(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceto)

Frost has been completely revamped. What that means I don't know.

Noob is in and sauce's sauce is pretty positive that he is base roster and not DLC, and that NRS are incredibly proud of his new design. Hype.

ST is in but they're going to keep him under wraps until launch because his inclusion is supposed to be a big fucking deal.

No other info on Rain but don't give up hope. Even with steamdb leak there's still a few slots.

No mentions of Smoke.

Base roster/DLC supposedly isn't finalized yet but I don't believe that personally. Waaay too close to release for it not to be IMO.

Bear in mind this could ALL be horseshit but don't give up hope on whatever character you want to be in.

*I have not personally seen deets. This is all from either someone relaying what THEIR source has told them, or even more removed and from a source of a source of a source lmfao. Don't shoot the messenger!
Be sick if the Kollector is a revamped Nightwolf..I think he debuted in mk3

Wetdoba

All too easy...
What I've learned/heard from a few different people*:

Kollector is a real character. Friend was apprehensive about saying much more than that but he did let one thing slip that I don't wanna just flippantly throw out there (he's a cool guy and I respect him enough not to). I'll just say he's somewhat of a twist on a certain *type* of character that debuted in MK3.

CET (full name unknown, ends in N?) is a brand new female monsterish (non human) character. Through my own dumbass investigating and acknowledgement that Boon and co love taking mythologies of different cultures, I believe her name and possible visual style has something to do with Ceto of Greek Mythology. Considering Geras and Kronika are both names based in GM it makes sense to me. Release the Kraken!!(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceto)

Frost has been completely revamped. What that means I don't know.

Noob is in and sauce's sauce is pretty positive that he is base roster and not DLC, and that NRS are incredibly proud of his new design. Hype.

ST is in but they're going to keep him under wraps until launch because his inclusion is supposed to be a big fucking deal.

No other info on Rain but don't give up hope. Even with steamdb leak there's still a few slots.

No mentions of Smoke.

Base roster/DLC supposedly isn't finalized yet but I don't believe that personally. Waaay too close to release for it not to be IMO.

Bear in mind this could ALL be horseshit but don't give up hope on whatever character you want to be in.

*I have not personally seen deets. This is all from either someone relaying what THEIR source has told them, or even more removed and from a source of a source of a source lmfao. Don't shoot the messenger!
Ive heard Kollector is a 4 arm character that is NOT a Shokan but uses weapons

Really hopeful Noob makes base but hes def in

Havent heard about the CET character but that would be really cool if its some sort of deep sea monster type, would be cool with DVorah as monsterish as she is now too

you can end or restart alot of debate here...did you hear anything about Jacqui's redesign(if any) positive or negative
I heard she has a full exo suit

SinkFla

Noob

Havent heard about the CET character but that would be really cool if its some sort of deep sea monster type, would be cool with DVorah as monsterish as she is now too

Yeah not a Shokan but what you mentioned is interesting. Didn't know anything about 4 arms.

Full exo suit is cool as fuck.

@ProTremor yeah no nightwolf whispers abound. So not that type.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!

like this ??

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
I hope the Kollector is not a mix of 3 masters of souls ( Quan Chi, Shang Tsung and Ermac) that is a nightmare..this is the only rumour that i've heard about the Kollector..

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
If i were a developer a would make a poll then the whole world could choose and then i would pick the 30 most wanted and there most of the people were pleased :DOGE
You'd think so but then you'd get comments like "the only reason I didn't pick character X is because I was sure character Y would be in and he's not." Or "my favorite characters are Hsu Hao, Mavado, Meat, and Drahmin." Or "well this means we're going to have exactly the same roster every single game. I just want nrs to experiment and surprises me!"

SinkFla

Noob
I hope the Kollector is not a mix of 3 masters of souls ( Quan Chi, Shang Tsung and Ermac) that is a nightmare..this is the only rumour that i've heard about the Kollector..
I'm not sure. The person who knows about K was present for the ST discussion and didn't negate it or call BS on it so I don't think Kollector is *that* kind of collector lol. Having both would be kinda redundant.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Everybody thinks its some kind of soul guy but with this in mind my money is on a new Cyborg.

Also it would be a cooler name than fucking Triborg.

Whippoorwill

In my hater era
A new cyborg sounds plausible. Specially since it's not a shokan and if we don't get Cyrax and Sektor. I hope Ceto girl is wizardry. We already have Mileena for monstrous-savage woman.

I also hope Frost gets a beautiful silver wig that can fall off during the fight, revealing a sleak frosty short style. Yas kwen.

SinkFla

Noob
A new cyborg sounds plausible. Specially since it's not a shokan and if we don't get Cyrax and Sektor. I hope Ceto girl is wizardry. We already have Mileena for monstrous-savage woman.

I also hope Frost gets a beautiful silver wig that can fall off during the fight, revealing a sleak frosty short style. Yas kwen.
I really want Mileena back. I don't even play her. I just wanna see the look on D'Vorah's face when Mileena and Baraka got her cornered. That said I think Mileena is skipping this one.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Maybe I should have included it in my post but I've heard from 3 different sources (some far more removed) that the steam leak is 100% legit so I think people unhappy with it need to begin the acceptance stage of grieving.
SteamDB leaks ain't ever been wrong in the history of ever. I don't need no source to tell ya that. But yeah for those folks still somehow holding on, its time to give up the act. Accept the fact that known great character Kotal Kahn is returning, and your weak and pitiful favourites who are not in the game died to further his glory.