What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

Well there's probably going to be some major leaks soon. Someone in the know wanted to get the info out (which I was already kind of iffy on) and I specifically said please don't give it to a certain clickbait youtuber (who Ed Boon recently called out) and I guess they didn't agree with me :/.
Are you over on GameFaqs, because there's another poster who has , privately, named Cet and many other details.....

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
I'm pretty sure it's entirely fake.
It only has a couple of vague hints to characters, and a supposed artwork no one saw, that could be very well done by any one with a litle bit of talent.

Besides one of those clues refer to a new or returning cop character, right after the Brazilian hint ><
It's just piggbakcing the current rumors.

Besides the author of those leak PM as well, offerint me his proofs if I agreed to create a topic prasing him and saying how much he's right and great ><
Yeah I think so too. I only posted it because someone else asked about information from gamefaq, so I put what I read.

And wait, that person wrote YOU that he'd send you the proof in exchange for the thread? :D That's exactly what someone else ended up doing, talking about how grateful he was for their trust. So he just pmed several people in hope someone makes a thread about how great he is, lol...

SenSx

Noob
Yeah I think so too. I only posted it because someone else asked about information from gamefaq, so I put what I read.

And wait, that person wrote YOU that he'd send you the proof in exchange for the thread? :D That's exactly what someone else ended up doing, talking about how grateful he was for their trust. So he just pmed several people in hope someone makes a thread about how great he is, lol...
That is exactly why they created those 2 threads for him.
He must be really laughing down there.

Mean while I'm really loosing excitement for MK11 now, really.
Those speculations are becoming boring, nothing true ever comes outside of it, so I'm just ignoring everything now...

vapid

cyber warlord
Welcome to my world.. Just waiting for the release date.
I'm just waiting for the rest of the MK2 roster to be revealed, and for Rain and Fujin to be 100% deconfirmed, and then I can be content with the game being boring and stop annoying you all by posting here. :p

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
I love how the people in the minority of the fanbase keep saying "oh if [X] character isn't in the game this just isn't going to sell well." Reality check - MKX sold like gangbusters and this one is going to as well, regardless of whether it has Rain or Fujin in it.

To me, that NRS employee is right on with that response.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I love how the people in the minority of the fanbase keep saying "oh if [X] character isn't in the game this just isn't going to sell well." Reality check - MKX sold like gangbusters and this one is going to as well, regardless of whether it has Rain or Fujin in it.

To me, that NRS employee is right on with that response.
You must forgive most fans for being so emotional over their favorites not making it in the game though, with all these awesome intro's, conversations between the characters, awesome new style fatalities and brutalities and being able to customize your characters, it is only logical people get emotional about their favorites not making the game and having all these awesome options available, especially when they already missed out in MKX.

Not everybody is such a loyal dog to everything Ed Boon throws at them, and they have many reasons to be mad, especially the Fujin and Rain fans, which Ed Boon keeps on teasing with stuff, and then doesn't include them in the end.

Anyway, that reaction from that guy on Twitter tells me the following: No Rain, no Noob, no Shang, no Sindel, No Reiko, no Reptile, and no Fujin. The last two characters are probably Takeda and Jax, because players of Jax of course need two characters in the game, as we see to that awesome BRIGGS FAMILY trailer, like two weeks before the game's release... ugh.

Last edited:

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
You must forgive most fans for being so emotional over their favorites not making it in the game though, with all these awesome intro's, conversations between the characters, awesome new style fatalities and brutalities and being able to customize your characters, it is only logical people get emotional about their favorites not making the game and having all these awesome options available, especially when they already missed out in MKX.

Not everybody is such a loyal dog to everything Ed Boon throws at them, and they have many reasons to be mad, especially the Fujin and Rain fans, which Ed Boon keeps on teasing with stuff, and then doesn't include them in the end.

Anyway, that reaction from that guy on Twitter tells me the following: No Rain, no Noob, no Shang, no Sindel, No Reiko, no Reptile, and no Fujin. The last two characters are probably Takeda and Jax, because players of Jax of course need two characters in the game, as we see to that awesome BRIGGS FAMILY trailer, like two weeks before the game's release... ugh.
LOL

Gamer68

Fujin!
Hardcore MK fans love the Trilogy (MK1-MK3) characters, and the massive casual audience finds those same characters to be more memorable because they've been around for so long and have been apart of so many games -- and so they get tons of requests. Noob Saibot, Jade, Baraka, etc, all these characters are absolutely fan favorites.

But here's my problem with MK11's big deal being the fact that they are bringing back "the fan favorites"; literally all of them were in MK9, which was just two games ago. Also, what I mentioned before about how said characters have also been in a lot of other MK games.

Having fan favorites back is cool, but being honest I don't see why hardcore MK fans should be excited to see, say, Baraka return when he's been in plenty of MK games since MK2. It's exciting that we can play him again, but it's not really exciting that he's back, if that makes any sense.

A character that would really surprise hardcore MK fans returning would be characters similar to Tremor in MKX. No one in the casual audience really knew who he was, but MK fans were able to identify him and could get excited to see what NRS could do with a character that was barely utilized before. Finally, this character was given a chance. Out of the leaked MK11 roster, the only characters I can really say are similar to that are Skarlet and Frost -- but the former was just introduced in MK9 so she wasn't really obscure status yet, in my opinion. Mainly just Frost.

At least when got them, but personally I wish we could have gotten a couple more of these obscure characters. I think even the casual audience would find characters like Fujin really cool, but characters like him never really get a chance. So far it seems NRS is only going to put 1 obscure character in each game, 2 if we are really lucky.

I think the Trilogy characters always deserve to be in any MK game. But I have to be honest and say that NRS' gameplan isn't really exciting. Are we going to get what is basically MK9 and MKX over and over again? MK9 has ALL the fan favorites, MKX is about new characters, MK11 is about the fan favorites, MK12 is going to be new characters again? MK13 is fan favorites again? I really love these characters, but seeing them over and over again is hardly exciting.

I feel like if NRS would ditch the variation/loadout systems they have been pushing these past few games, they would be able to increase roster size so there is more diversity with the types of characters we get. We would be able to keep all the main Trilogy characters, all the MKX characters, a few 3D-era ones, and still have room for a couple new characters.

Whippoorwill

In my hater era
We have to look at the big picture I think. We are on a forum, so we are hardcore fans of the games. We'll be nitpicking the roster naturally. But MK sells millions of copies. When I play with friends, my sister, my boyfriend, my students, even my parents, they all know and pick SubZero, Scorpion, Raiden, Sonya, Kitana, Liu Kang, Johnny.

They don't know or care about others. One of my friends remembers Noob and Smoke for example, and my sister remembers Sindel though not by name, but that's it. I'm giving you my social circles history because I think it might be representative of the actual majority of the public.

We get Skarlet, Frost, Kabal, Jade and maybe Noob? That's already quite a lot 'obscure' characters for fans.

NRS have taken risks in the past, with mk3, but that backfired so umk3 and trilogy made up for it. However trilogy characters are their core, what made them great and emotionally they are mostly connected to.

Same goes for most mk fans, except for a few thousand online screaming for their favourites from the mk4-mka era. It’s about that and money. That era was just not that successful for Boon and co, so we should just accept reality and understand most fans love the classics. It’s odd mk fans dislike the ogs so much.

And yes, I was very surprised Baraka was back and very excited about his return! He’s only been in 2 main games, mk9 was like trilogy and armageddon and mk gold does not really count. I rather have him, Kabal, Jade, Shang Tsung than Fujin, Reiko, Nitara and Havik even though I’d love a Havik return over anyone besides Baraka.

vapid

cyber warlord
Wait what's happening on gamefaqs? Lol
I dunno, I don't read that shitfest, but someone posted a screenshot of something here that was word for word the same as something you'd posted here a few days ago, so if it's not you posting it then someone is copying some of your posts from this forum and posting them (as his content) there.

SinkFla

Noob
I dunno, I don't read that shitfest, but someone posted a screenshot of something here that was word for word the same as something you'd posted here a few days ago, so if it's not you posting it then someone is copying some of your posts from this forum and posting them (as his content) there.
Yeah that's not me. I don't ever go to gamefaqs lol. Wonderful. Something tells me I know who it is.

Edit: playing catch-up and this r00r whatever name looks familiar. Ariana Grande thing is cracking me the fuck up. I'm taking to some ppl now who are discussing the gamefaqs shit too on discord. I haven't found the word for word thing yet.

Last edited:
@a
Yeah that's not me. I don't ever go to gamefaqs lol. Wonderful. Something tells me I know who it is.

Edit: playing catch-up and this r00r whatever name looks familiar. Ariana Grande thing is cracking me the fuck up. I'm taking to some ppl now who are discussing the gamefaqs shit too on discord. I haven't found the word for word thing yet.
Any thoughts on that list on Gamefaq?

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
@SinkFla , can you talk about the roster size? Do you know if 25 is final, or if there's maybe more in any way? If you can't say that's fine, I'm hoping maybe it's fair game if you don't mention any character names.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
According to the gamefaq thread, the last characters are Jax, and Shinnok. Mileena and Shang Tsung are unlockables. Further info includes:
-CET's name is Cetrion.
-Kronika is her mother
-She's rebelling against her mother because she believes that human life is worth fighting for
-Shinnok is her brother and Kronika's son
-Kronika wants Shinnok to win Armageddon
-Cetrion is a goddess of Life
-Kronika is a goddess of Time
-Shinnok is a god of Death

Edit: Cetrion is deigned like Pateluna from Smash, or Lakshmi from FFXIV. She is an elemental, and is the Goddess of Life.

Edit 2: And I just realized this is also being discussed in the leaks thread. Sorry if this is double. Can be deleted if it shouldn't be discussed here.

I still think that's absolute crap, but we can keep it in mind for future reveals and go back on it IF one of these is actually in. @SinkFla , sorry for tagging you all the time, but you were interested in the gamefaq stuff earlier. Do you have a take on this?

Last edited:

Pizza

Thrill Kill
That shinnok namedrop looks like a typo. The image indeed looks 100% like sub zero.
lmao it probably is, but how the hell is that a typo.

Sub-Zero is one of the most popular characters in VIDEO GAMES.

Sub
dash
Zero

How can anyone mistake that with Shinnok? !

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Having fan favorites back is cool, but being honest I don't see why hardcore MK fans should be excited to see, say, Baraka return when he's been in plenty of MK games since MK2. It's exciting that we can play him again, but it's not really exciting that he's back, if that makes any sense.
It is exciting, because as big a jump as there was between MK:A and MK9... the jump between MK9 and MKX was arguably just as big. Between the cinematic story mode, battle intros, battle dialogues, different fighter bodytypes, wildly different fight animations, a lot of these characters are being discovered for the first time. They're not all just random fighters anymore, they're all interconnected characters who all have opinions about each other, and backstories that they'll talk about, and rivalries they'll build, during all their banter.

I say this as someone who used to think that Kano was a wasted roster slot, but after MKX think he's one of the coolest characters in the franchise. It took all of the above things coming together to change my mind. Things that MK9 did not have. MKX salvaged a lot of characters and made them cool. MK11 looks poised to continue that trend.

So for characters like Kabal, Jade, Baraka, Shang Tsung, Smoke, Noob, Nightwolf, Stryker, Sheeva, Sindel... no, it's not "you just saw them in MK9 so you shouldn't need to see them again right now."

People want to see their favorite characters finally done RIGHT, using all the new tech and design that NRS has developed for MKX and MK11. It doesn't matter that they were seen "recently." They were seen in a shit way.

Do I want to see all those characters back? Fuck no. Some of them I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. But I will never begrudge a fan of any of them wanting to see them done justice in MK11, in a way they've never been done justice before. And I won't be surprised if NRS comes back to them, again and again.

I think the Trilogy characters always deserve to be in any MK game. But I have to be honest and say that NRS' gameplan isn't really exciting. Are we going to get what is basically MK9 and MKX over and over again? MK9 has ALL the fan favorites, MKX is about new characters, MK11 is about the fan favorites, MK12 is going to be new characters again? MK13 is fan favorites again? I really love these characters, but seeing them over and over again is hardly exciting.
That's like saying "is the new Batman movie really going to have Joker/Scarecrow/Penguin/Mr Freeze/Bane/Ivy/Catwoman/Two Face/Ra's/Talia al Ghul as the villain again?" Yeah, it probably is. Those are the characters the Batman universe revolves around.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
According to the gamefaq thread, the last characters are Jax, and Shinnok. Mileena and Shang Tsung are unlockables. Further info includes:
-CET's name is Cetrion.
-Kronika is her mother
-She's rebelling against her mother because she believes that human life is worth fighting for
-Shinnok is her brother and Kronika's son
-Kronika wants Shinnok to win Armageddon
-Cetrion is a goddess of Life
-Kronika is a goddess of Time
-Shinnok is a god of Death

Edit: Cetrion is deigned like Pateluna from Smash, or Lakshmi from FFXIV. She is an elemental, and is the Goddess of Life.

Edit 2: And I just realized this is also being discussed in the leaks thread. Sorry if this is double. Can be deleted if it shouldn't be discussed here.

I still think that's absolute crap, but we can keep it in mind for future reveals and go back on it IF one of these is actually in. @SinkFla , sorry for tagging you all the time, but you were interested in the gamefaq stuff earlier. Do you have a take on this?
Personally that all sounds pretty cool and i would like that to have the focus more on the gods.

But lets be honest its kinda suspicious and funny that all this new info with Shinnok leaks after we got that Shinnok typo in that magazine.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I'd personally rather see the Cetus thing come true (new monstrous female) than the Cetrion... A goddess of life doesn't have business in Mortal Kombat, especially if she looks like a Mario Character... Ugh!

SenSx

Noob
lmao it probably is, but how the hell is that a typo.

Sub-Zero is one of the most popular characters in VIDEO GAMES.

Sub
dash
Zero

How can anyone mistake that with Shinnok? !
Just someone who does not know anything about Mortal Kombat, and doing everything at the same time, commenting the cinematic trailer and those pictures.
A mistake is much more plausible than the return of Shinnok as playable.

All this circus on Gamefaqs is just trash fanfiction.
It's just piggybacking all the latest rumors: cop character, Shinnok, CET beast monster or god...