What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

vapid

cyber warlord
Seems like they are much more focused on female ninjas now.. Skarlet, Jade, Frost, Kitana (if the latest leak is true of course) We'll get more male ninjas i am sure about it but i am not sure who will be.. ahh Ermac, it is a very sad discussion to me cos he is my all time favoruite and i have lost my all hopes about his reveal.. seems like Reptile and Ermac already deconfimed, i am taking Subby's red and green skins as a hint.. i don't want to be dissappointed.
I think four male ninjas is likely, regardless of who they turn out to be. That said, I'm pretty sure Ermac won't be back - he was in 9 and X and if Shang is back then we know why, and that means Ermac sits this one out.

Reptile I'm 50/50 on - he's a mainstay of the franchise and sort of an MK1 original, but they might fancy resting him. Also, I'd much rather we have Rain, Smoke or Noob in his place.

Also, I am pretty sure Raiden has a levitate move this time around...

I think Noob's chances are solid, but I can also see the arguments for him being DLC based on the fact he'd be easy to market and a huge seller. I'd be very disappointed if NRS were that cynical, though...

Smoke is, unfortunately, a good candidate for DLC, and odds on I reckon he will be. He's not important enough to the story to be base roster, but he's popular enough to be brought back.

Rain is like 99% the guy on the Konquer screen icon, has been DLC before, and we were robbed of him in MKX - I'll give him an 80% chance of being main roster.

vapid

cyber warlord
Maybe instead of a Smoke/Noob hybrid, we'll be getting a TS/Ermac mix-up instead!
No, fuck it, let's go all-out: we're getting Jacqui as the new cyborg, who is killed off in a flashback scene between MKX and MK11. NRS respond to her poor feedback and the fact she's boring af by making her the franchise's first proper female cyborg, thereby giving us both Jacqui and depriving us of Sektor or Cyrax.

It's win-win, or lose-lose. Either or.

SenSx

Noob
No, fuck it, let's go all-out: we're getting Jacqui as the new cyborg, who is killed off in a flashback scene between MKX and MK11. NRS respond to her poor feedback and the fact she's boring af by making her the franchise's first proper female cyborg, thereby giving us both Jacqui and depriving us of Sektor or Cyrax.

It's win-win, or lose-lose. Either or.

Oh I love that idea !

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
When it comes to Mileena... she was never really a roster stable.
However, she's become such a popular character, so much that a lot of people consider her to be the one single iconic female character of the franchise (more so than Kitana and Sonya), that to a lot of people she should be a roster stable.

She will most likely be DLC for MK11 because of that.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
When it comes to Mileena... she was never really a roster stable.
However, she's become such a popular character, so much that a lot of people consider her to be the one single iconic female character of the franchise (more so than Kitana and Sonya), that to a lot of people she should be a roster stable.

She will most likely be DLC for MK11 because of that.
There’s no female character in MK as popular as Kitana. She’s the female face and she hasn’t missed a game at all. Mileena is very popular tho.

And with Mileena being DLC, that’s probably not going to happen. A while back, Boon(?) said he doesn’t believe in making a character DLC if they were in the main roster in the previous game, as well as making a character DLC if they were DLC in the previous game. And if I recall correctly, there hasn’t been a DLC character who was a main/dlc character in a previous installment (I don’t count triborg). So with the case with Mileena, either she’s in the main roster or she’s not in the game most likely.

Sucks, as I do like her.

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

MK3, MK4, MKD.
She was in the updates, but still... not on the main roster of the main versions.
You basically just corrected yourself lol. Yea she wasn’t in those games in the beginning but she was in eventually.

So my statement still stands on her never missing a game. Never said she was the main roster of every game.

xKhaoTik

People who bought the main games would tell you otherwise though.

So the people who bought MKX would say Alien, Bo Rai Cho, Leatherface and Triborg aren’t a part of the roster because they were in a different version of the game?

At the end of the day, main roster or not, same version of the game or different version version, she hasn’t missed a game lol.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
So the people who bought MKX would say Alien, Bo Rai Cho, Leatherface and Triborg aren’t a part of the roster because they were in a different version of the game?
They didn't need to go buy a whole new game. Back then, we didn't have the internet and DLC wasn't a thing, so if you had bought MK3, you got what was in the game and that's that. If you wanted Kitana and all the others, you would have to buy a whole other game. And in MKD's case, you also had to buy a new handheld system AND the game for that system as well.

So that's no comparison.

Edit: Forgot to say, MK Gold was only on the Dreamcast, so you had to buy a whole new console just to play that game too!

Last edited:

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
There’s no female character in MK as popular as Kitana. She’s the female face and she hasn’t missed a game at all. Mileena is very popular tho.

And with Mileena being DLC, that’s probably not going to happen. A while back, Boon(?) said he doesn’t believe in making a character DLC if they were in the main roster in the previous game, as well as making a character DLC if they were DLC in the previous game. And if I recall correctly, there hasn’t been a DLC character who was a main/dlc character in a previous installment (I don’t count triborg). So with the case with Mileena, either she’s in the main roster or she’s not in the game most likely.

Sucks, as I do like her.
Dont forget the poll thing competition they did during MK9's promotion. Mileena beat out Raiden, Shang Tsung, Liu, Subby, and Scorpion. I would've loved to have seen the results had Kitana been involved, I feel after Deception, Mileena's popularity sky rocketed but Kitana gets the attention cause she's the "main hero's" love interest

xKhaoTik

They didn't need to go buy a whole new game. Back then, we didn't have the internet and DLC wasn't a thing, so if you had bought MK3, you got what was in the game and that's that. If you wanted Kitana and all the others, you would have to buy a whole other game. And in MKD's case, you also had to buy a new handheld system AND the game for that system as well.

So that's no comparison.

Edit: Forgot to say, MK Gold was only on the Dreamcast, so you had to buy a whole new console just to play that game too!
Ok but at the end of the day, SHE WAS IN THE GAME lol. That’s my whole point.

xKhaoTik

She was in another game. On another platform. Twice.
Bruh lol

MK Gold is an updated version of MK4. It’s still the same game.

MK Unchained is an updated version of MKD. It’s still the same game.

Doesn’t matter if it was a different platform. So I’m guessing you think Shao Kahn and Goro aren’t a part of deception because “it’s a different console” huh?

I feel like you’re talking just to talk at this point lol