What's new

[SPOILERS] Injustice 2: Rumors, Leaks, and our potential roster

Kinda mad, I wanted to see Red Hood in storymode hope he at least makes a cameo or is mentioned.

Kinda mad there's no Aquaman villain on the MR Black Manta should be there we all know it.

Roster overall seems okay... I mean look at the bright side the obscure characters are on the main roster so DLC will most likely be fan favorites ofc

HanSolo

Noob
I'm happy with this roster. I'm not big on dc so admittedly all of the batman chars are fine with me since most of my exposure is in that world. Overall there's plenty of chars I want to check out with this roster. Only char I still want is the Penguin. Maybe Lee Meriwether Cat Woman skin?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Some I2 stuff from soft release of mobile version (1.0) that i recently extracted.

Probably stages - http://oi65.tinypic.com/2cr21pt.jpg

Random image, but Brainiac art and Joker (still old design) against Batman etc. was interesting - http://oi66.tinypic.com/32zjadv.jpg

Scarecrow art from basic > upgraded > elite - http://oi64.tinypic.com/sgmv4y.jpg

There is so much files that need to check, i will try upload some other images later..
Oh hell yeah! That last Scarecrow image looks amazing. That's the look I was hoping for. Hope you don't mind me direct linking these photos, just so people can view them easier...

I think that would be a huge waste of Deathstroke's potential honestly. Even though they both use firearms, Deathstroke also has ninja training and also uses a sword and a staff. NRS kinda screwed up with his moveset in the first game because it really should have focused on him using his staff and sword, not firearms. His staff is the weapon he's most known for using and they didn't even implement that at all. It does shoot energy blasts or miniture cannonball-like pellets. The staff can also bend and stretch to fit his martial arts style.
Wow man I didn't know that. Thanks.

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
Corny ass Cheetah on the roster but Raven left out. Disgusting.

On subject, leak is legit. Maybe a surprise or two max for the initial roster.

I think if not on the launch, the DLC chars Sub-Zero, Static Shock, Spawn, Manta, and Starfire are a lock. Not sure about the others though.
Cheetah is a villain while Raven is a hero therefore she didn't take her spot!! How hard a concept is that to grasp?

Your beef should be with heroes like Supergirl, Dr Fate or Firestorm since they're all heroes who beat out Raven for a slot on the hero side. this is coming from a Raven fan btw...

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A SELECT FEW, THIS ROSTER IS COMPETE DOGSHIT.
I disagree! This roster is so much better than the first game! I mean Blue Beetle, Dr Fate, Firestorm, Swamp Thing, Atrocitus, Grodd, Brainiac, Cheetah, Poison Ivy!! That's a good list of characters right there!! My only complaint would be the over abundance of Batverse characters in the overall roster...

I think your just salty Shazam isn't in the game :p

Gamer68

Fujin!

New 52 Captain Cold is a metahuman.

While Mr. Freeze in New 52 still uses his Freezing weapons. I see playstyle be drastically different.
Considering Captain Cold's logo in the game is his ice gun, it's pretty much guaranteed that he'll have it.

With that being said, even if Mr. Freeze is playable and he is still using an ice gun like Cold, they can still find a way to make him different. Shazam and Black Adam have the same powers but they played nothing alike. Cold could be a light-weight more aggressive character, and Freeze could be a slow tank-like trap character.

Gamer68

Fujin!

Apparently the mobile game has files for Doctor Fate, Green Arrow and The Joker. Even though that's basically been confirmed already, that's even more proof that it's happening.

BUT! There's also files for what appears to be CW Flash, Suicide Squad Harley Quinn, and Arkham Knight Batman. It seems like there's a special Wonder Woman skin also.

Aside from that, there's files for "Normal" Brainiac and Superman, but also files for "Boss" Brainiac and Superman. So I guess those characters will have special boss versions, kinda like boss Superman from INJ1 and Corrupted Shinnok from MKX.

EDIT: Various changes with updated information.

Last edited:

Looks like Injustice:GAU Stages are coming back.

1. Atlantics
2. Gotham
3. Metropolis
4. Slaughter Swamp
5. Arkham Asylum
6. Themyscira
7. Gotham Skyline
8. Rainy Shipyard or Construction site with Wayne Tower in the Background
9. Fun House Looks Awesome!!!
10. Hall of Justice
11. Red Son Cell
12. Wayne Manor
13. Lex Corp
14. Gorilla City
15. Brainiac Skull Ship Boss Stage

That's 30 if all stages have 1 transition

What other ones do you see?

Gamer68

Fujin!

Looks like Injustice:GAU Stages are coming back.

1. Atlantics
2. Gotham
3. Metropolis
4. Slaughter Swamp
5. Arkham Asylum
6. Themyscira
7. Gotham Skyline
8. Rainy Shipyard or Construction site with Wayne Tower in the Background
9. Fun House Looks Awesome!!!
10. Hall of Justice
11. Red Son Cell
12. Wayne Manor
13. Lex Corp
14. Gorilla City
15. Brainiac Skull Ship Boss Stage

That's 30 if all stages have 1 transition

What other ones do you see?
Good god, Bane looks amazing.

Anyway, that's assuming those stages are actually playable. Some of those (like Themyscira and Hall of Justice) are straight-up Injustice 1 stage art, and have no new design. Considering that all of the returning stages in the game so far have been completely redesigned, I doubt that the original/classic Injustice 1 stages shown will be back. That's not to say that location like Themyscira WON'T be in the game, but if it is, I'm sure it will look completely different.

We'll see, I guess.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
How is the manta thing news to so many people. Did no one actually look at the source of the original leak ;)?

He also said he had no idea if that was the final launch roster, and more stuff could be added to the console version before launch. So people thinking that his list is the full launch roster are off-base. Even the leaker thought that might not be the case.

The 3 month old, original leak is here if people need to see it: https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/88271004/#88280438

Gamer68

Fujin!
How is the manta thing news to so many people. Did no one actually look at the source of the original leak ;)?

He also said he had no idea if that was the final launch roster, and more stuff could be added to the console version before launch. So people thinking that his list is the full launch roster are off-base. Even the leaker knew that might not be the case.
Even though it might not be the full roster, I would actually be willing to bet that it is. 28-30 characters seems about right. There may be a surprise or two, but I'm honestly not getting my hopes up for that.

I$AAC

Noob
Even though it might not be the full roster, I would actually be willing to bet that it is. 28-30 characters seems about right. There may be a surprise or two, but I'm honestly not getting my hopes up for that.
Well the day one roster is going to have 31 characters and only 28 were from that leaked list so there's still hope for some that feel their character got snubbed.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Well the day one roster is going to have 31 characters and only 28 were from that leaked list so there's still hope for some that feel their character got snubbed.
They have never confirmed what the roster size will be at launch. All they have said is that it will be their biggest launch roster, and that's it.

If you are talking about the number of slots that was on the site, that's not a correct number. They keep ADDING more slots instead of updating them when they add more characters. Every time they add a character, the roster size goes up because of that. Now it's at like 40 or something. So basically we can't use the site as a way the confirm a true number because it's obvious that the 20 or so "locked slots" on the site is just a random number of placeholders they added.

Again, there's a chance, but I feel like it's important to not get your hopes up because it's entirely possible that there will only be 28-30 launch characters, and that the leak did indeed cover the entire roster.

Lokheit

Noob
They're obviously not going for N52 Cold, because Freeze is totally going to be a skin.
I've talked about this on a different thread, my main problem with Freeze being a skin of Cold, is that even though there are some versions of him using a small gun, the Mr Freeze we know has too many differences with Cold to be using the same moveset, and I was reminded even more after seeing the Lego Batman movie (btw, I recommend that movie, good laughs and much better writting than the last couple of DC movies, which wasn't so hard to accomplish but still):

- Freeze is stronger and bigger than Cold as he's physically enhanced (and actually frozen), plus he wears a bulky and sturdy armor. Cold has much better accuracy and is more agile than Freeze as he's not constricted by his body size and armor. Even before jumping into the ice attacks, they basic stuff like hurtboxes and normal attacks would be different.

- Cold ice attacks are way stronger than Freeze despite his gun being smaller than what Freeze uses most times. He's powerful enough to create auras where molecules move slower allowing him for example to shoot at the Flash. Freeze gun is still powerful but not that much and he can't create slow auras afaik, his field of expertise isn't even engineering but medicine and he does have knowledge about how to use freezing for healing pourposes (the main point of why he developed his technology) so his approach is different even if that last part isn't shown too much.

Basically, gameplaywise I think that Freeze should punch harder (if he freezes you he should get big damage as he's physically stronger than cold), have slower walkspeed and overal normals and probably a way of healing himself, while Cold should be a much better zoner, with more ranged options and less punishable than Freeze, maybe even traps.

Blitzace10

The Aquatic Ace
There is something about scarecrow that just seems off to me though, I keep wondering if he is only in the mobile version and we get another character instead like the mobile version on the first injustice getting Red Hood. But I don't think that is the case anymore, now seeing his super and everything.